Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#26 Old 9th Oct 2011 at 10:51 PM
Thanks , is this all? It isn't that there aren't enough, I'd just like to know .

My Simblr: Here
Advertisement
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#27 Old 9th Oct 2011 at 10:53 PM
That is all. I think 20 should be plenty as now you will only have to use half of the items instead of almost all of them.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Field Researcher
#28 Old 9th Oct 2011 at 11:04 PM
Yep, that is definately enough! Thanks, I'm goiung to go and get started!

Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#29 Old 9th Oct 2011 at 11:14 PM
After questions from some contestants, about the new things added to the list, I am clarifying. You MAY use more than 2 per chapter but 2 should stand out prominently as your chosen list items. Just make sure to have 2 CLEAR, PROMINENT items that are listed. Those are the ones you will be judged on. If a judge PMs me asking what 2 things to score you on, you WILL lose points.

"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Field Researcher
#30 Old 9th Oct 2011 at 11:16 PM
Is it ok if my theme is Fantasy and I use an Elf all the way through?

Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#31 Old 9th Oct 2011 at 11:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shhh
Is it ok if my theme is Fantasy and I use an Elf all the way through?

Yes. Main character can be whoever/whatever you want.

Field Researcher
#32 Old 9th Oct 2011 at 11:37 PM
Thanks (creating elf) .

The other one
#33 Old 9th Oct 2011 at 11:51 PM
I could be wrong but just wanted to point out that if you use elf ears/wings or something that will probably count as CC wo you won't get the 5 point bonus for not using CC if she's in all of the rounds...I think that's how it works anyway

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller
Field Researcher
#34 Old 10th Oct 2011 at 12:39 AM
Mmmmm. Suppose so. I'm not sure now :/ .

Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#35 Old 10th Oct 2011 at 1:01 AM
Missroxor is right. If you use CC (other than what is stated as allowed), you will be docked the 5 points. It IS only 5 points and, once you use it each round, at that point, it doesn't matter HOW much you use. You just have to decide if it's worth the 5 points. That does not include pay content though: pay content CC would fall under the rules category so you would be docked additional points there if you use donation only items, aka not following MTS free content only policy.

Theorist
#36 Old 10th Oct 2011 at 2:35 PM
A story contest is interesting, and if my Sims 3 could start working properly, I might join.

By the way, do you have a template/layout for the entries? And are there any theme(s) for the stories?
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 10th Oct 2011 at 2:48 PM
@missroxor : I'm not that good at creating an original stories, if it's creating an imaginary sequel or fanfiction, I can :D

@shhh : thanks for the compliment^^

@heaven_sent_8_18 : sorry for replying your PM late, I've been so busy for a few days, so I stayed away from my notebook :p

I'll be spying this thread for sure! XD

My girl was in MAKE ME A MODEL! contest by missroxor

check out my facebook rp account and my tumblr for pictures
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#38 Old 10th Oct 2011 at 3:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by vhanster
A story contest is interesting, and if my Sims 3 could start working properly, I might join.

By the way, do you have a template/layout for the entries? And are there any theme(s) for the stories?

You can choose whatever theme or genre that you want. By template, do you mean, how I want the entries posted? If so, not particularly. Just think of it like a story with paragraphs and such. If you want to see how some other story writers set up the format, you can look at some story/legacy blogs. Angiebeno and I both have one; you find find them here: Benno's World and Heaven's Legacies.

I hope you get your game working! We would love to have you.

Test Subject
#39 Old 10th Oct 2011 at 9:58 PM
Sounds really interesting haha... just have a question though (sorry if it's been stated already), but basically we format it like a legacy? And then we can choose whatever genre and plot we want as long as each chapter incorporates those two elements? And there's no restrictions on how you make your main character?
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#40 Old 10th Oct 2011 at 10:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GijinkaGlaceon
Sounds really interesting haha... just have a question though (sorry if it's been stated already), but basically we format it like a legacy? And then we can choose whatever genre and plot we want as long as each chapter incorporates those two elements? And there's no restrictions on how you make your main character?

It doesn't HAVE to be formatted exactly like a legacy. Those are just examples on how to show the pictures with the paragraphs. It IS a story though so there should be paragraphs and some form of transition between chapters/rounds so that, at the end, there is a story that can be read all the way through.

You can choose whatever genre, plot, theme, etc that you want and go wherever you want with it as long as you have those 2 events/objects/themes AND follow the round explanation. Don't forget that there is also a quote that should be incorporated into this round somehow.

Characters can be whoever/whatever you want. You have complete creative control freedom as long as it follows the main rules regarding CC and that it is your own character.

Field Researcher
#41 Old 11th Oct 2011 at 1:28 AM Last edited by Shhh : 11th Oct 2011 at 1:01 PM.
My Chapter 1:

My body shook as I walked through the door into my parent's silent, rotting, filthy house. Something had happend. It was true. My dear mother's body was lying, curled up on the grate.
'Mother?' I whispered, fearing the worst. No reply came. I looked beside her to see a second body. Father. The Humans had killed them, I was sure. Why had the Humans done this to us? We were poor, but we hadn't done any harm. Elves had been living in peace with Humans for years. It had to have been them. It looked like Dad had been right. The Humans had never liked us. I looked at the bodies not only had my parents been killed, but I was homeless. The house didn't belong to me and would be given to a new family as soon as the bodies were removed.

It was a real shock to me that they had been killed. They were the last people on this planet that I thought this would happen to. At first I didn't cry as it took me a while to realise they were gone, forever. I would never hear my father's soft, yet stern voice or my mother's open arms. My father and mother would never smile and celebrate when I got promoted or made an achivement. Then I began to cry. The warm, salty tears poured down my cheeks, I couldn't stop them. By breathing became load and coarse. My eyes were swollen and my lungs began to hurt. I couldn't stand these thoughts. The thought of never seeing them again.

I knew father would have died trying to protect mother. He had always hated violence and death. It was times like these when I thought my father, who hated guns and had never been to any wars, was the bravest man who ever lived. I wasn't brave at all. Mother and father wouldn't want me to spend my life mourning after them so I didn't. Instead I tried to find out who killed them and why. Although I am tired and it is hard to think, I want to keep trying. I want to know what happened. Maybe the killer was after me? Maybe they had wanted money my family didn't have. I f I had one wish, I would wish to know why they were killed.

I know that nobody would kill my family for the cottage. In fact, it wasn't even classed as a cottage. It had a huge, ugly on the right side of the room, and dustbins had to be kept indoors. It was an ugly house, and I'm sure no one would want it. I kept wondering why anyone would kill my parents. They were popular, kind and good neighbours. They certainly weren't rich. They didn't make a fuss of anything and never made fun of other people's beliefs and religions. As I lay on the bench I felt my eyelids begining to droop. When I awoke, I woke up on a different bench in an alley way, homeless.

I keep getting splinters all over my sore, bent back. Whenever I sleep, I think of mother and father, cut off staring into blackness, just not there. I keep thinking that it can't be true, that you can't NOT be there. I wished I belived in souls and spirts, Heaven and Hell. I don't think the bench helps with these nightmares of nothingness. I hope I can save up enough money to buy a bed. The only thing to eat is slimy, cheap pizza, and to drink, muddy water. Why couldn't my parents have written a will? Did they not care what would happen to me? I wish I would stop thinking like this. They brought me up, helped me, fed me and yet left me homeless. It doesn't make sense to me.

I am scanning the newspapers, trying to find the funeral date. I've found out alot more Elves die than Humans. I wonder who else has noticed. I really think it was a Human. When I find out who killed them, I will kill them, slowly and painfully, though it is not in an Elf's nature to do so. I feel it is the least I can do seeing as I can't chip in with the neighbours for my parent's funeral. I hope I can make it to the funeral. I feel really bad, they were my parents but I can't even chip in for a funeral. I feel I am very selfish person.

Is this enough? Or shall I try to write more? It is alot harder than it looks. So I'm not sure if I'm finished.

CC Was used (Elf ears, hair and eye contacts) : Hobo and Murder.

Inventor
#42 Old 11th Oct 2011 at 1:43 AM
You need to list hair, skin, and eye CC as well... even though there will be no point reduction (unless they are pay items, I believe).
"Skin/hair/eyes can be used without penalty but please be sure to let judges know that you used them."

I also don't see a word minimum/maximum for the introduction set in the rules; so your length might be okay. : )

Edit: And thank you for listing the two subjects you included and underlining the quote, it really helped out as I'm still trying to familiarize myself with all the potential subjects. Saved me having to switch between the two pages. I'll get better at this, I promise.

"Goonies never say die."
Field Researcher
#43 Old 11th Oct 2011 at 1:48 AM
Your welcome. I'm still editing it .

Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#44 Old 11th Oct 2011 at 4:15 PM
There is a maximum, but no minimum for words although there is a picture amount needed. Just check the first page again, under round 1 for details. I am really excited to have our first entry! You can edit as much as you want between now and the deadline. Just let us know when it is finished for sure.

Field Researcher
#45 Old 11th Oct 2011 at 4:25 PM
Ok, glad I can keep edititing. What happens if no one else joins?

Theorist
#46 Old 11th Oct 2011 at 4:27 PM
Alright, my game is working, but it's really slow, and I'm not sure if that's fast enough to take pictures with.

Anyway, the point-of-view of the story does NOT have to be in first person, does it?
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#47 Old 11th Oct 2011 at 4:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shhh
Ok, glad I can keep edititing. What happens if no one else joins?

Then I extend the deadline and hope for a few more applicants. But, no! Don't think like that. I -think- I have 3 more entrants who are just working on their stories now. So 6 more!

Quote: Originally posted by vhanster
Alright, my game is working, but it's really slow, and I'm not sure if that's fast enough to take pictures with.

Anyway, the point-of-view of the story does NOT have to be in first person, does it?

That is your choice. Just be consistent.
Also, I typically just pause for a shot I want then rotate the camera and set it up that way. My hands/brain aren't fast enough to snap the pictures I want, forget the computer!

Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#48 Old 11th Oct 2011 at 5:18 PM Last edited by heaven_sent_8_18 : 11th Oct 2011 at 5:34 PM.
Good news everyone, especially all your Sims 2 Players. We have been given permission to extend this contest to Sims 2 as well, with the help of leesester and permission from the great HP herself. So, for all you players and story tellers out there in TS2 that were bummed because you couldn't participate; you can now! The rules, including those related to CC have been amended for this (although those from TS3, nothing has changed for you). I am excited to welcome any of you on board!

Also, and this is good news for EVERYONE: because we have added a completely new set of contestants, hopefully, the Round 1 will end in 10 days instead of 3. This should give all those people who didn't know they were eligible a chance to prepare and get everything set up. And for those of you already working on your contest, reprieve!

Countdown

Forum Resident
#49 Old 11th Oct 2011 at 9:46 PM
I love how the count down finishes at 6 am for me lol

Official Foundation Challange Contestant. R1-R2-R3-R4

BLOGGER A Random Legacy - Vasher
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#50 Old 11th Oct 2011 at 10:03 PM
That's quite strange. It finishes at 7am for me and I KNOW you are not only an hour away missy! :P

Page 2 of 16