Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Jan 2021 at 4:29 PM
Default Linking a bone delta mod to clothing object
I'm trying to make some bone delta mods that are only active with certain CAS items--for instance high heels that will make the lower leg longer and make the sim appear taller, or shoulder pads or Spanx that could be clicked on to work with any outfit instead of having to edit every mesh. I think the Shorter Teen Sims mod has done this, but I can't seem to work out the detail of how.

Has anyone who ever done anything like this point me in the right direction to get started?

Thanks
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 31st Jan 2021 at 6:16 PM
As far as I know there's no way to directly link a bone delta or any kind of morph from a CASP. Data resources referencing buffs or other CASPs can be linked, so in theory a Sim Modifier with a bone delta could be linked, but afaik no one's done it.

Shorter Teens uses a different mechanism - it's a tuning mod that automatically applies a morph to all teens.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Feb 2021 at 4:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
As far as I know there's no way to directly link a bone delta or any kind of morph from a CASP. Data resources referencing buffs or other CASPs can be linked, so in theory a Sim Modifier with a bone delta could be linked, but afaik no one's done it.

Shorter Teens uses a different mechanism - it's a tuning mod that automatically applies a morph to all teens.

I think we may be taking about different shorter teens mods. I have one where it can be turned on or off, but you're right, it does use a deformer map. However, the deformer map returns a bunch of error codes, but the mod still works. I guess I'll keep tinkering with it to see if I can figure out how to link the bone pose to a selectable item.