Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Apr 2022 at 10:27 AM
Default Help with Body Preset, it becomes a mass of spikes in CAS
Hello! Basically like the title says I created a body preset using Blender and convert it through TS4 Morph Maker, previews showed it was fine but when loading CAS it becomes a deformed mass of spikes on the sim. I tried to see if their was a problem by TS4 Studio and compared it to other body presets packages but got no luck.

This is how it looks ingame... very horrifying (^^; )
i.ibb.co/pj243Xz/sdfsd.png

Is there something I overlooked? Thank you in advance!
Advertisement
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#2 Old 24th Apr 2022 at 11:54 PM
Hello, It looks like the vertice assignments (weight values) are wrong. Something during your conversion process changed their values. Blender will allow you copy the vertice values over. Make your new creation blank and then copy the values from an original TS4 mesh to your new mesh.

Here is a link to instructions at Sims4Studio site - https://sims4studio.com/thread/81/w...-blender?page=1
Test Subject
#3 Old 10th Oct 2022 at 3:22 PM Last edited by VicThaKilla : 10th Oct 2022 at 3:41 PM.
Default Conflicting Body Presets
Quote: Originally posted by ElloL
Hello! Basically like the title says I created a body preset using Blender and convert it through TS4 Morph Maker, previews showed it was fine but when loading CAS it becomes a deformed mass of spikes on the sim. I tried to see if their was a problem by TS4 Studio and compared it to other body presets packages but got no luck.

This is how it looks ingame... very horrifying (^^; )
i.ibb.co/pj243Xz/sdfsd.png

Is there something I overlooked? Thank you in advance!

Hello there. That has happened to me before. Whenever you make a body preset in Blender, make sure you never use the same Blender file (.blend) from one body preset to create a new body preset or else they will conflict. I'm pretty sure this is what is causing your body presets to turn out distorted as you described. If you'd like to use the shape of a previously created body preset, start with a new .blend (Blender file), and import the wavefront ( .obj ) file from the other body preset into the new Blender file. Whenever I create a body preset, I always save the .blend file and also export the .wav file for posssible use in future body presets. That way it will be a new mod with the exact shape of the other and won't conflict with the other body preset. So, try recreating the body presets that didn't work using a new empty .blend file and import the wavefront .obj file from the ones that came out bad and they should come out fine without conflicting with any others. I hopes this helps!