Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#12276 Old 10th Oct 2021 at 1:41 AM
Creation of new sims happens in a primitive that we don't have access to the code for, so no, we can't change that process.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#12277 Old 10th Oct 2021 at 4:29 AM
I was discussing this with some other sims modders, and Lazy Dutchess thought that the thing to do would be to "roll back" the randomizer when producing the second sim. Basically, instead of copy/pasting the data from the first onto the second, it would create the first, then sorta "undo" the re-randomizing to create a second sim as an identical twin. She said, in theory (the great caveat!), it's feasible to do.

Quote:
Creation of new sims happens in a primitive that we don't have access to the code for, so no, we can't change that process.

I'm told that this isn't exactly the case anymore... the "make new character" primitive has, in fact, been disassembled, and can be modded now.

Oh, and the disagreeable poster, i think, has been going back for a couple days. There's a lot of red marks, and not just on the one page. hahah

-gE
>=)
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#12278 Old 10th Oct 2021 at 8:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grinevilly
I'm told that this isn't exactly the case anymore... the "make new character" primitive has, in fact, been disassembled, and can be modded now.

I really wish Mootilda was still here, she would have loved this!
Mad Poster
#12279 Old 10th Oct 2021 at 10:59 AM
Quote:
Oh, and the disagreeable poster, i think, has been going back for a couple days. There's a lot of red marks, and not just on the one page. hahah

Shhhh! Let's not wake them up!

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Top Secret Researcher
#12280 Old 10th Oct 2021 at 3:46 PM
@simsample
Here is how I see the advantage of the first born syndrome to have identical twins: https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...yndrom.html?m=1

Indeed the babies are clones from eachother but personalities, lifetime wish, hobby... can easily be changed with insiminator and tons of tools like that.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Top Secret Researcher
#12281 Old 10th Oct 2021 at 5:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
It's everything- it seems that most of the randomizers in-game are broken:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...122#post5095122
In this thread are some pictures from when my daughter and I tested the firstborn effect on our computers; Mootilda did some digging into the code and found what I summarised in the above post.
https://modthesims.info/showthread....842#post2251842
Of course LazyDuchess has fixed this now with dll injection, but in an unmodded game if you boot up the game and immediately have two sims give birth to a baby, then reboot the game and repeat, the face and personality and genetics will always be identical (unless something happens to roll the in-game randomizer, such as spawning an NPC).

My post above was just questioning whether it's possible to save in between birthing twins. If it is, then you could (in the unmodded game) save before twin #1, reboot and birth twin #1, save and reboot and then birth twin #2, and have genetically identical twins each time. Their personalities would always be the same but you can change those easily enough in-game.

If you don't save, exit and reload the game in-between birthing each twin (or indeed before having the first one, as normal game play can randomize them), then the game randomizers will be triggered from the first birth, and will give a different result for the second twin.

Let the sim give birth to one baby. Save and close the game. Start the game and go back to that household. Let the sim give birth again with insiminator (she can have a baby literaly instantly) and you have twins like you described.
No you cant save the game while the sim has twins, but you can use that workaround I just described.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#12282 Old 10th Oct 2021 at 11:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lientebollemeis
Let the sim give birth to one baby. Save and close the game. Start the game and go back to that household. Let the sim give birth again with insiminator (she can have a baby literaly instantly) and you have twins like you described.
No you cant save the game while the sim has twins, but you can use that workaround I just described.

Yes, that's what I mentioned there in my post you quoted- you are using two consecutive pregnancies to simulate a twin birth, which is the only way you could do it I think.

Of course you need to make sure that the babies have the same sex. (Save before birth, go back in the house and if it's not the right gender, leave without saving and go back in the house,...).

This bit of your tutorial wouldn't work though- you'd need to reboot and restart the game if you didn't get the correct gender, because the randomizer will be run for a second time if you exit to neighbourhood and reload the lot.
Mad Poster
#12283 Old 10th Oct 2021 at 11:49 PM

Any source on this?
Top Secret Researcher
#12284 Old 11th Oct 2021 at 5:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Yes, that's what I mentioned there in my post you quoted- you are using two consecutive pregnancies to simulate a twin birth, which is the only way you could do it I think.

This bit of your tutorial wouldn't work though- you'd need to reboot and restart the game if you didn't get the correct gender, because the randomizer will be run for a second time if you exit to neighbourhood and reload the lot.

Okay I'll change that. Thanks!

Forum Resident
#12285 Old 12th Oct 2021 at 4:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
Any source on this?

Sure! My source was just a group discussion on identical twins, which Lazy Dutchess -- who knows FAR more on this topic than I would ever hope to, added her thoughts:

Quote:
Lazy Duchess — 10/09/2021
the disassembled make new character primitive is messy but probably not too hard to force a baby gender
it's actually surprisingly easy to create a new generic sim call, so one could be added to force the next baby to be born a certain gender or something like that
i did replace the game's random number generator already so that would make it a lot more feasible too
hooking the code to roll the randomizer back to its state before the second baby was created should do the trick
but yeah this is all in theory

I defer to her, because I'm no whiz on modding and she definitely is! Sorry I can't offer any more depth. I'm more like a parrot, squawking what i heard repetitively.

-gE
>=)
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#12286 Old 12th Oct 2021 at 4:36 PM
Okay I'll change that. Thanks!

That's a great little guide- I'm saving the link!
Mad Poster
#12287 Old 12th Oct 2021 at 8:23 PM
Sure! My source was just a group discussion on identical twins, which Lazy Dutchess -- who knows FAR more on this topic than I would ever hope to, added her thoughts:

I defer to her, because I'm no whiz on modding and she definitely is! Sorry I can't offer any more depth. I'm more like a parrot, squawking what i heard repetitively.

-gE
>=)

Yes, that's what I thought, you can mod it if you want to disassemble it yourself and do the kind of hacking the Lazy Duchess is doing, but you can't casually mod it the way you can mod the rest of the game. I'm sure anything is possible if you want to spend enough time disassembling stuff.
Forum Resident
#12288 Old 13th Oct 2021 at 6:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
Yes, that's what I thought, you can mod it if you want to disassemble it yourself and do the kind of hacking the Lazy Duchess is doing, but you can't casually mod it the way you can mod the rest of the game. I'm sure anything is possible if you want to spend enough time disassembling stuff.

Okay.
I guess...

But you stated, unequivocally, it's not possible... then say, you thought all along that it was possible.
To me, i can't "casually" create slots. But i wouldn't say it "can't be" done.

-gE
>=)
Mad Poster
#12289 Old 13th Oct 2021 at 8:38 PM
Yes, you can create slots within the existing modding framework that we have for modding the game. You can't mod the create new character primitive within that framework.
Forum Resident
#12290 Old 13th Oct 2021 at 8:44 PM
I suppose you could let the parents have twins, when they age up to toddler, kill them off, and delete any bad memories & family ties in SimPE.

Open up Bodyshop and create the identical twins' facial base you want so they'll match. Load up CAS, create them both, and a townie to babysit them for a minute, and move them into a lot. Then either add them to the proper Sims' family, add family ties, or put them into the adoption pool, and adopt them that way. Then marry off the extra adult Sim or put them into townie pool.

While more complicated, and slightly sinister killing toddlers, it's a solution!

I ramble a lot, and get confused easily, so my apologies to you in advance.
Alchemist
#12291 Old 14th Oct 2021 at 12:00 AM
Hmm, but why would you do that, rather than sim surgery, to make one twin look like the other? I believe there's a way to make those facial changes you make in sim surgery genetic, too. Isn't there?

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#12292 Old 14th Oct 2021 at 1:06 AM
Or if you just want to skip Sim Surgery and go for the twin thing, here's a hack by Christianlov:
https://modthesims.info/d/284572/si...e-selector.html

Far faster and easier.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Top Secret Researcher
#12293 Old 14th Oct 2021 at 5:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
Or if you just want to skip Sim Surgery and go for the twin thing, here's a hack by Christianlov:
https://modthesims.info/d/284572/si...e-selector.html

Far faster and easier.

But then there's no memory of the second baby being born.

Forum Resident
#12294 Old 14th Oct 2021 at 1:14 PM
But then there's no memory of the second baby being born.

Pretty sure you can ADD memories with SimPE as well? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, for the bed boost thing, maybe just an object that detects all bed objects on the lot and lets you select the energy and comfort levels for all? Rather than trying to create invisible mattresses and seperate beds. Considering there's options for individual rooms for lights (I think, I could be thinking of TS3 lol), perhaps like a similar detection, it could go by per room basis as well? Like "set level for lot" and if you place the modded object in a certain room, "set level for this room" kinda thing. I don't even know if any of that's really possible, just throwing an idea out there, lol.

edit: just realized Phantom already mentioned something similar!

I do wonder if that would be possible though, I mean if there's similar coding for detecting things in certain rooms already like the lights and fire alarms?

I ramble a lot, and get confused easily, so my apologies to you in advance.
Mad Poster
#12295 Old 14th Oct 2021 at 2:35 PM
I read a comment from back in the 2009 topic, and I wonder if the issue with haircuts being the same is only a problem when you play without CC (or just with defaults that don't have extra ages attached), because I've never had that issue while using CC (I've never cared much about rolling the pacifier), or at least not after one of the EPs (I think some things changed after either Pets or Seasons).

I used to have the issue with identical haircuts back in my early days of simming, but only when I played without CC. I think that's because of how the default hairs are put together. When the game has more toddler hairs to pick from, you get more randomized hairs.

My sims used to get more or less identical haircuts, but there were very few to pick from and if there's only 3-5 toddler hairs to pick from (not counting the hats, I don't think all of those are randomly assigned), and those again are linked to spesific styles for kids and then teens, there aren't too many hairs you can get.
Top Secret Researcher
#12296 Old 15th Oct 2021 at 6:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Alpal425
Pretty sure you can ADD memories with SimPE as well? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, for the bed boost thing, maybe just an object that detects all bed objects on the lot and lets you select the energy and comfort levels for all? Rather than trying to create invisible mattresses and seperate beds. Considering there's options for individual rooms for lights (I think, I could be thinking of TS3 lol), perhaps like a similar detection, it could go by per room basis as well? Like "set level for lot" and if you place the modded object in a certain room, "set level for this room" kinda thing. I don't even know if any of that's really possible, just throwing an idea out there, lol.

edit: just realized Phantom already mentioned something similar!

I do wonder if that would be possible though, I mean if there's similar coding for detecting things in certain rooms already like the lights and fire alarms?

Adding memories in SimPE is not what every simmer knows or dares to do. I know people who run The Sims 2 smoothly, but can't get SimPE to run.
I didn't say it's not possible to add a memory. It's just not really user friendly that way.

Field Researcher
#12297 Old 15th Oct 2021 at 6:54 PM Last edited by Lena88 : 15th Oct 2021 at 8:44 PM.
Remember KNOWLEDGE aspiration perk that allowes you to TRANSFER skills/knowledge? I wish (at least as option) that sims who are being given lectures/knowledge transfer sit on chairs or sofas.
Lab Assistant
#12298 Old 16th Oct 2021 at 3:37 AM
Custom Lifetime Aspirations! Definitely!
Mad Poster
#12299 Old 16th Oct 2021 at 3:43 PM Last edited by grammapat : 17th Oct 2021 at 10:30 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by CrystalFlame360
I'm not that bothered about what the cafeteria workers cook, as I view as them getting given a specific timetable telling them what to cook and at what time. Basically, like a lot of schools, at least where I live; for example you could get chips, pizza, or burgers on a Monday, but then pasta, rice, or roast dinners on a Tuesday, and so on.

It would also be unrealistic if uni students were getting lobster thermidor every night, but that's just me

===
I would like to be able to CHOOSE; like, gruel for every meal, in my slum-dungeon of dorm.
---
...and another thing....
I wish there was a button on these threads for "I sympathize"..it seems so dumb to reply to a person's sad story with "I agree". AND I really wish "Disagree" required the NAME of the disagreer, and WHY they are saying so! I suspect we would see "Fake Frank, and I hate everything".
===
Yes, I'm lookin at YOU, Fake Frank (and Fat Fanny?)

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Top Secret Researcher
#12300 Old 16th Oct 2021 at 9:57 PM
I've likely mentioned this before, but realistic-looking wheelchair ramps would be nice. When I build for looks I wanna go all the way!

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Page 492 of 576