Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Change of Rich value ***UPDATE higher value***

by StefanAloisFunk Posted 5th Jul 2009 at 3:25 AM - Updated 6th Jul 2009 at 5:30 PM by StefanAloisFunk : Request for higher Rich value

46 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 40 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 5th Jul 2009 at 3:34 AM
ugh I know I hated that too.

thx ^^
Instructor
#3 Old 5th Jul 2009 at 3:52 AM
Yay! That really bugged me too. Thanks for this.
Test Subject
#4 Old 5th Jul 2009 at 4:28 AM
Would it be possible to include a higher value one? 300-400k would be nice~
Test Subject
#5 Old 5th Jul 2009 at 4:33 AM
Yeah this always cracked me up when my Sim met others and that thingy would say "so in so has found out that so in so is rich' then I'd look AT that persons net worth or family net worth and see they might have 100k and then see my sim sitting at from 50 to 99 million and think to myself why would my sim think they are rich when in fact they were destitute in comparison, LOL
Test Subject
#6 Old 5th Jul 2009 at 4:53 AM
can you make one that is for 500,000
Field Researcher
#7 Old 5th Jul 2009 at 5:09 AM
Is the "Rich" value calculated from lot value, or total value (including cash)? If it's calculated from total value, then 200k is not a lot.

From memory, the first monetary aspiration was for 1,000,000 total value. Which for the player would be a good place to add the "Rich" title.

However, different rules apply to NPCs, so for those NPCs living in huge houses, I guess the maximum would need to be around the value of their worth.

Regardless. It's definitely a needed improvement. Thanks!
Instructor
#8 Old 5th Jul 2009 at 6:51 AM
Thanks for fixing this. This is definatly an improvement and just makes more sense!
Test Subject
#9 Old 5th Jul 2009 at 6:53 AM
This is a vast improvement however I'd love to see one for 500k, one for 750k and one for 1,000,000 so we can restrain being "rich" to sims who are actually... you know, rich. This is still better than nothing though, great work.
Test Subject
#10 Old 5th Jul 2009 at 7:05 AM
@ JuliWolfe and Anach: perhaps you two should stop using the motherlode cheat so much... Its at 200k because that is rich if you actually earn the money..

And thanks for the mod, I'm just tired of hearing the "so and so is rich" gossip comment so much.
Test Subject
#11 Old 5th Jul 2009 at 8:50 AM
lol @ aquateen. i was thinking the same thing.

thanks for the fix. i'm surprised ea games didn't notice this and adjust it during beta testing. it wouldn't surprise me if a later update bumps the value up.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 5th Jul 2009 at 9:02 AM Last edited by Anach : 5th Jul 2009 at 9:17 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Aquateen
@ JuliWolfe and Anach: perhaps you two should stop using the motherlode cheat so much... Its at 200k because that is rich if you actually earn the money..

And thanks for the mod, I'm just tired of hearing the "so and so is rich" gossip comment so much.

No cheating at all actually. I have 7 sims in my house, all working and playing on the epic setting. So it doesnt take long to accumulate wealth. I made 200k on one weekend from collecting all my money from the business around town and book royalties.

Also I wasnt complaining, I was simply discussing the way it works and wondering if the "Rich" is calculated from the total or from only the lot value.

My lot is 500k value, but my cash brings that up to 2mil. You think thats a lot, then my GF has a house twice the size and has just completed the 3mil wish. Again no cheating, just doing a lot of opportunities. I in fact use a mod that doubles the bill amount x2, due to the ease at which money comes in.

So please resist getting on your soapbox without knowing the facts. The game isnt exactly diffcult. It is actually possible that people have played differently or longer than you.

On another note. I noticed the XML file has a bunch of other stuff relating to weight gain and other settings. Has any of this been edited by the mod, or is it simply there?
Test Subject
#13 Old 5th Jul 2009 at 2:49 PM
good thx
Test Subject
#14 Old 5th Jul 2009 at 4:41 PM
Perhaps you could do like some others have suggested and make an option for 500,000 simoleons, and I would definitely be downloading then.
Test Subject
#15 Old 5th Jul 2009 at 5:29 PM
omg, i though i was the only one being bugged by this D;

THANKS!
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 5th Jul 2009 at 6:15 PM
YES!
It bugged me when it says someone's rich, when they actually live in those apartments -_-' That was such a disappointment for my sims' first date, lolol xD Maybe now his "Get rich quick" schemes will finally work!

Tornado Drills: more effective than Ex-Lax.
Test Subject
#17 Old 5th Jul 2009 at 7:02 PM
thanks. cause every person i visited were rich. but yet their house sucked
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 5th Jul 2009 at 10:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Anach
Is the "Rich" value calculated from lot value, or total value (including cash)? If it's calculated from total value, then 200k is not a lot.

From memory, the first monetary aspiration was for 1,000,000 total value. Which for the player would be a good place to add the "Rich" title.

However, different rules apply to NPCs, so for those NPCs living in huge houses, I guess the maximum would need to be around the value of their worth.

Regardless. It's definitely a needed improvement. Thanks!

The Rich value calculated it's only from the lot value, I can’t figured yet out how to put both Lot value and Cash together for a total rich messages in Sims 3,for now you must live with it, that it is only the Lot value that is the value for consider rich in Sims 3!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 5th Jul 2009 at 10:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by karremans
can you make one that is for 500,000

I don't make a 500.000 rich value, because it is very hard to bild a lot that is have a lot value of 500.000 over a long time - the reason is that when you live in a house the furniture, deco… is losing wealth over time.
So it’s nearly impossible to keep a lot over 500.000 Simoleon.
Test Subject
#20 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 2:51 AM
Very nice, i was annoyed too, but now i wonder if you can make others with values of maybe 250,000 or 300,000?
Test Subject
#21 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 2:54 AM
Oh i found out just open the file you downloaded and edit it with notepad then find the line that is wroten: <kSimoleonThresholdForBeingRich value=" then just edit to the desired amount keep in mind that more than 300.000 is a very high value that almost no sims have this property value.
Test Subject
#22 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 5:36 AM
i thought i was the only one
YEAH that bugged me ALOT! thankies!
Test Subject
#23 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 5:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by StefanAloisFunk
I don't make a 500.000 rich value, because it is very hard to bild a lot that is have a lot value of 500.000 over a long time - the reason is that when you live in a house the furniture, deco… is losing wealth over time.
So it’s nearly impossible to keep a lot over 500.000 Simoleon.

Not really, especially if you decorated the house with paintings (and by that, I mean LOTS of paintings)
Test Subject
#24 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 6:06 AM
Make a lot of sense now that's fixed... THakx a lot!
Test Subject
#25 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 11:00 AM
Thank you!
Page 1 of 2