Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Oct 2020 at 12:54 AM Last edited by stardecoder : 25th Oct 2020 at 12:49 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Deleting a lot flattens terrain - how can I revert it?
I've had this glitch literally since 2006 but I thought that maybe UC wouldve fixed it (nope). When I delete a lot in neighbourhood view, the terrain fully flattens out. I had a lot sloping down to the coast that when deleted, turned the prime beachfront real estate into a straight cliff with a sharp drop off into the sea. It flattens it from whatever the road level is at.
This has happened pretty much every single time I've deleted a lot since way back when sims 2 was just a base game but I've never really bothered to try and fix it until now (14 years too late luv)
If anyone knows of any software/mods that would allow neighbourhood terrain manipulation inside the game, I don't have Simcity 4 plus I'm already halfway done filling out this n'hood. I would v much appreciate any/all links.
Thank you!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 24th Oct 2020 at 12:33 PM
There is a cheat (modifyneighborhoodterrain on/off), you can see its instructions here.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Oct 2020 at 12:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mate54
There is a cheat (modifyneighborhoodterrain on/off), you can see its instructions here.

Oh thank you! This is really helpful <3
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 25th Oct 2020 at 11:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mate54

Hey so this helped-ish. The terrain im trying to modify is in water but when I flatten it, new water doesn't appear in its place and instead is replaced with the ~dark void~

It's this neighbourhood specifically , the islands in the three corners look weird with my skybox so I wanna get rid of them.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5 Old 26th Oct 2020 at 12:30 AM
Try exiting the neighbourhood and then re-entering; the water is calculated afresh when you load the hood.