Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#1951 Old 7th Aug 2021 at 12:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ScaryRob
...As an aside, if a person wanted to make this for Sims 2, a 6-tile center section (in order to allow a centered 2-tile front door) and 5-tile left and right sections might work for a perfect 16-tile wide building to fit on a 20-tile wide Lot.

If I was gonna do it for TS2 - I'd go 5T across each section; and use a CC 2-on-3T door for the entry door. I think going 6T across (in TS2) it would loose the height effect, and look too square. BUT I am not planning to build it any time soon I got too many other ideas poppin' in my head right now .

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#1952 Old 7th Aug 2021 at 2:33 PM
And you say i cant stick with building a small house/ cottage well im doing it now

https://www.architecturaldesigns.co...d-garage-1958gt

based fro this plan
Screenshots

C.T.HOLKO88
Alchemist
#1953 Old 7th Aug 2021 at 2:48 PM
Nice, we've lured Tudorman into the cottage realm. The plan you're basing off of is also really cool, might have a go at it myself.

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#1954 Old 7th Aug 2021 at 2:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Johnny_Bravo
Nice, we've lured Tudorman into the cottage realm. The plan you're basing off of is also really cool, might have a go at it myself.

Haha Yeah! I want to challenge myself to start and actually stay within a smaller lot! This is on a 30x30 lot!
I'm not just a one trick pony! lol

C.T.HOLKO88
Mad Poster
#1955 Old 7th Aug 2021 at 4:24 PM
Woot! You did it! When I looked at the plan I thought it should be 10X12-13 T house.... and that's what you did!
That is a sweet little house too. Hmmmm... I'd love to see what Johnny does with it in TS2

and Vintage Stuffeths
Alchemist
#1956 Old 7th Aug 2021 at 4:47 PM
Well, I can't wait to see how this one will turn out. And what else may come after.

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#1957 Old 7th Aug 2021 at 9:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TudorMan23
And you say i cant stick with building a small house/ cottage well im doing it now

https://www.architecturaldesigns.co...d-garage-1958gt

based fro this plan

Oh this is so cute. It has even a window with shutters indoors. Don't forget to make it ^_^

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Forum Resident
#1958 Old 8th Aug 2021 at 12:15 AM
I think im on a roll now
This was done freehanded
What ya think? on a 25X25 lot
Screenshots

C.T.HOLKO88
Theorist
#1959 Old 8th Aug 2021 at 11:26 AM
This is a Mansion called Cotton-floss Manor. I feel myself confused about it. What style is it? What do you think?

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Forum Resident
#1960 Old 8th Aug 2021 at 3:26 PM
Its a mix of styles from the victorian period in the US Second Empire and Italianate!

C.T.HOLKO88
Theorist
#1961 Old 8th Aug 2021 at 6:58 PM
Yeah, that's right. But don't be tempted.
Its owner is a modern girl who just into Victorian times. She likes to create victorian themed dolls and even learned to play crocket to look like exactly Victorian dame. She likes pink color so she has all rooms covered in pink. And there is a lot of ribbons, bows and curtains everywhere so it looks very laced and ruffled. Her character is naughty but she is considered like a local businessman and kinda mighty around neighborhood. So nobody has anything to tell about her bad taste.

Theorist
#1962 Old 10th Aug 2021 at 9:12 AM
Its a mix of styles from the victorian period in the US Second Empire and Italianate!

I read about 2nd Empire. Yes! That's just what was needed. Way blatant for my neighborhood, that just enters industrial era. But fits the character of its owner that's groundbreaking and calculating likewise Napoleon III.

Theorist
#1963 Old 10th Aug 2021 at 9:20 AM

I read about 2nd Empire. Yes! That's just what was needed. Way blatant for my neighborhood, that just enters industrial era. But fits the character of its owner that's groundbreaking and calculating likewise Napoleon III.
Italiante? Maybe just windows. Roof is definitely 2nd empire mansard.

Theorist
#1964 Old 13th Aug 2021 at 7:05 PM
CatherineTCJD was inspired me by her creations to come back to my old half-year town, that was planned as British Victorian.

Mad Poster
#1965 Old 13th Aug 2021 at 7:55 PM
I've got all of the 1st street up now:

I still have to finish photoing Street #2:

...the Bennetts Ave houses are kinda a PITA - because of the way they are connected. (Alternating houses in front; garages in back.)
I think they are all going into 1 listing, with 6 separate DLs. Numbered #1-#6.
I hope people can figure out how they are supposed to go together?

Currently I'm feeling UNmotivated to take pix. Everything is done and tested - I just have the real work left to do. *sigh*

@Vic - That looks like you've got a nice start goin' on there
Screenshots

and Vintage Stuffeths
Theorist
#1966 Old 13th Aug 2021 at 9:09 PM
Catherine, may I use some of your houses to fill in the empty gaps in my neighborhood? I will use just some of them to fill the empty spaces. If you let me, I promise to share the link to your threads in tab likewise it was made in my Plathville ^_____^

Mad Poster
#1967 Old 13th Aug 2021 at 11:52 PM
Go for it!
I'm glad somebody can use them!

and Vintage Stuffeths
Forum Resident
#1968 Old 21st Aug 2021 at 12:30 AM
I decided to actually stick with the original plan but put a small addition to it
Screenshots

C.T.HOLKO88
Theorist
#1969 Old 21st Aug 2021 at 10:15 AM
I decided to actually stick with the original plan but put a small addition to it

That might be a fire. I see your house has smoke clouds. Or maybe a pranker. Because those clouds are green...

Forum Resident
#1970 Old 23rd Aug 2021 at 12:39 AM
what do you think of this sweet little cottage?
its on a 25x25 lot!
its almost done just a little landscaping needs done
see i can create a small home!
Screenshots

C.T.HOLKO88
Theorist
#1971 Old 23rd Aug 2021 at 9:43 AM
what do you think of this sweet little cottage?
its on a 25x25 lot!
its almost done just a little landscaping needs done
see i can create a small home!

Well done, Tudorman

And I found interesting houses by Allan Akbar here: https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?p=676067 how do you think it might be finished?

Forum Resident
#1972 Old 24th Aug 2021 at 12:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Victor_tor
Well done, Tudorman

And I found interesting houses by Allan Akbar here: https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?p=676067 how do you think it might be finished?

why thank you! Im quite proud of myself
What should i call it???

C.T.HOLKO88
Theorist
#1973 Old 24th Aug 2021 at 12:29 PM
I encountered recently one creator here at mts who rather called "pick and post" creator. They post here a lot houses but each description is all the same. Something like: "here is my new beautiful house! Look at my youtube speedbuild to enjoy my build. Have a nice day!"

They left me puzzling about their nature. Can't say it is bad. Speedbuilds are useful when you decide to repeat the building made by creator. I usually prefer to post a lot of warnings, suggestions and terms of use in my threads. But now I found myself in question. Is dat really worthy? Maybe I just tell a lot for nothing? And nobody does not really care about issues they could encounter after download my creations.. And I better to learn how to make speedbuild vids....

Mad Poster
#1974 Old 24th Aug 2021 at 3:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Victor_tor
...I usually prefer to post a lot of warnings, suggestions and terms of use in my threads. But now I found myself in question. Is dat really worthy? ...And I better to learn how to make speedbuild vids....

That is a charming build @TudorMan23 - I knew you could do it!

@Vic - I don't "get" speedbuilds - what's the point?
I prefer to explain and 'present' my little works of art houses too. It's what I enjoy doing.
I often feel that people don't appreciate my 'wordiness' or thoroughness; but then I get a very sweet comment from someone who does appreciate it.
The bottom line, I've decided, is to present my houses in a way that makes me happy. Don't do it just because someone else does it. (Don't be a lemming!)

I haven't built anything in a couple weeks - I've been working on a joint project that will (hopefully) blow everyone's socks off when it is finally released ...and I've been starting a new blog: Sims 2 Virtual Realty - I'd love to know what you think of the blog so far? You'll have to comment on here/or send me a PM, because the comments are turned off on the blog atm.

and Vintage Stuffeths
Theorist
#1975 Old 24th Aug 2021 at 5:10 PM Last edited by ScaryRob : 24th Aug 2021 at 5:34 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD

I don't "get" speedbuilds - what's the point?

I don't either. In fact, I find the concept rather idiotic and I frankly suspect that most if not all so-called "speedbuilds" are merely quick rebuilds of Lots that were built beforehand. But whatever, I'm not impressed by someone's intellectual dishonesty. I don't know who they think they're fooling with this nonsense.
It typically takes me days or even weeks to make a Lot, depending on how often I "work" on it on and off.

On the other end of things, I also don't read long-winded descriptions, and usually quickly ignore those kinds of Lots. In my opinion, if you need several paragraphs to explain how to "properly" play a Lot, what works and what doesn't work, what to do and what not to do and so forth, you've failed as a Lot maker. People just want to be able to download a Lot, put their Sims into it and play it. They don't want to deal with a bunch of half-assed crap the Lot maker threw in to try to imitate Frank Lloyd Wright.

And I especially don't care about background stories for a Lot, because that specifically is something players need to create themselves. That's the whole point of this game.

Page 79 of 98