Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Banned
Original Poster
#101 Old 16th Aug 2009 at 6:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by edejan
LOL...Jones...too funny!! But I'd completely not put together the info on the Order of Aurelius in my mind. Thanks for that link, the info was very interesting. So Aurelius makes sense. Thanks!! :D

I agree, imagine what happens when the Angel sim goes evil. "Angelus Aurelius". Has a nice ring to it.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#102 Old 17th Aug 2009 at 5:03 AM
Haha I just used 'Whedon' as Angels last name XD but Aurelius is perfect.
Scholar
#103 Old 17th Aug 2009 at 5:06 AM
OK. I set up a blog for us to exchange files. It's very bare bones at the moment, but if you want to post a link, you can do so in the comments section of the first post.

Eventually, I will be adding posting privileges for anyone who wants to share content...as soon as I figure out how to do that, exactly

There's a poll for the sake of having a poll too.

Link is here: http://whedonsims.wordpress.com/
Banned
Original Poster
#104 Old 17th Aug 2009 at 5:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aeval99
OK. I set up a blog for us to exchange files. It's very bare bones at the moment, but if you want to post a link, you can do so in the comments section of the first post.

Eventually, I will be adding posting privileges for anyone who wants to share content...as soon as I figure out how to do that, exactly

There's a poll for the sake of having a poll too.

Link is here: http://whedonsims.wordpress.com/

Oh wow, that's awesome aeval99! I'm so going over there right now!
Test Subject
#105 Old 18th Aug 2009 at 4:02 AM
I'm trying to find a floor plan for Ennis House, the mansion used as Spike, Dru and Angel's home in season 2. If anyone has them I'd love you for eternity.
Banned
Original Poster
#106 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 12:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Miss-Resa
I'm trying to find a floor plan for Ennis House, the mansion used as Spike, Dru and Angel's home in season 2. If anyone has them I'd love you for eternity.

I've been looking everywhere online too but can't seem to find any decent shots or layouts of the mansion. A few years ago we had lots of Buffy sites with galleries and screencaps. Now it's like, where the heck are all those sites now that we need them?
Test Subject
#107 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 3:37 AM
I know! Where did all the fans go?

Anyway I at least found a couple of good pictures, including one of the tiles that were used all over most of the mansion. Plus I found a sort of plan that is a view of the house from the north. They're not great, but it's a start.
Screenshots
Banned
Original Poster
#108 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 7:10 AM Last edited by CharmingFirewaller : 20th Aug 2009 at 8:15 AM.
Way to go, Miss-Resa! Now we've got something to work with. Thanks for sharing, I'll let you know if I find anything too.

Google isn't making it easy but oh well. We will walk through the fire if that's what it takes!
Scholar
#109 Old 20th Aug 2009 at 5:12 AM Last edited by aeval99 : 20th Aug 2009 at 5:46 AM.
I should know that house layout like the back of my hand. Goodness knows that I've wandered around it for hours on end in the first Buffy game. I just came across a few photos and I recognise these rooms. I've kicked vampires into sunlight across that pool, been knocked down that flight of stairs more times than I care to remember and have hidden behind those pillars during a boss fight sooooooooo many times (I always have to get my husband to get me past that point).

Which is all very odd, because they never shot anything but the outside of the building. The game designers must have been a fan of the house. I guess I really need to dig out the old games and see if they will play on my 360, or see if I can breathe some life into my old X-box.

EDIT: And look what I just found
And a boatload more pictures at this link. http://www.santamonicapropertyblog.com/?page_id=1327
Banned
Original Poster
#110 Old 20th Aug 2009 at 8:29 AM
Ooh nice! We finally have a layout.

I've tried searching too but got nothing useful (perhaps because I kept typing 'Angel/mansion/Buffy set' in the Google search bar instead of the house's actual name. Now I know, hehe.

The first Buffy game sounds like a lot of fun, aeval99. I would have gotten it myself had it not only been released for the Xbox. I had to wait for Chaos Bleeds which was made for different platforms. Unfortunately, they didn't have Angel's mansion in that one since it was set in Season 5.

By the way, I checked out the link. I like how the writer of the article is named 'Jodi Summers'. A distant cousin, perhaps? Lol.
Scholar
#111 Old 20th Aug 2009 at 9:38 PM
*blushes* I bought to X-box to play the game. I hadn't played a console game since the first Atari's came out, but I desperately wanted to see the Buffy game and my husband only had a PS2, so we rented one. He played and I watched, until he had to go out...and he left the controller just sitting there.

Fast forward about 8 years, my husband bought me a 360 for my birthday after I whined and stomped my feet like a six year old. The next year, it was a gaming computer so I could play Sims and FPS like Bioshock. Then it was a PSP so I could game on the porch. It's all Buffy's fault!
Test Subject
#112 Old 20th Aug 2009 at 10:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aeval99
*blushes* I bought to X-box to play the game. I hadn't played a console game since the first Atari's came out, but I desperately wanted to see the Buffy game and my husband only had a PS2, so we rented one. He played and I watched, until he had to go out...and he left the controller just sitting there.

Fast forward about 8 years, my husband bought me a 360 for my birthday after I whined and stomped my feet like a six year old. The next year, it was a gaming computer so I could play Sims and FPS like Bioshock. Then it was a PSP so I could game on the porch. It's all Buffy's fault!

We can thank her for hours of you enjoying (virtual) life then.
Scholar
#113 Old 20th Aug 2009 at 11:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rescu911
Summersong, you MUST make a Freddie Prinze Jr.! That way we can see a Sim version of the Gellar/Prinze offspring. I'm just kidding, but even without taking the limitations of Sims 3 into consideration, your Buffy is spot on. You really should upload her.
I will. I got back into town Tuesday night. Been cleaning up all the cat hair and cat chaos since I got back and dealing with our dog who came back from the kennel without all the good leash manners I painstakingly taught her. Also have had to get up and walk her every 2-3 hours because she never quite got over her diarrhea she's had since we took her in from a racetrack last month. She got rid of it, got it back, got rid of it and of course since we had to board her, she got it back. We've been deworming her, next will be antibiotics, special diet, etc. I am really hoping there is no Pets expansion pack for Sims3 because I have my fill of them in real life.

I was too exhausted to even think of putting up Buffy but now I see Aeval's blog and that's the solution for me. Even if I don't put up a fancy presentation, you all will know from this thread what you're getting and so I can just pass her along up there and skip the heartache of making a collage for a sim that may or may not meet celebrity sim criteria here. Though eventually, I do think I will try to upload here, too. I like having my work in its own little gallery here, that's kind of fun, even if it's hit or miss getting it accepted.
Banned
Original Poster
#114 Old 22nd Aug 2009 at 3:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by summersong86
I will. I got back into town Tuesday night. Been cleaning up all the cat hair and cat chaos since I got back and dealing with our dog who came back from the kennel without all the good leash manners I painstakingly taught her. Also have had to get up and walk her every 2-3 hours because she never quite got over her diarrhea she's had since we took her in from a racetrack last month. She got rid of it, got it back, got rid of it and of course since we had to board her, she got it back. We've been deworming her, next will be antibiotics, special diet, etc. I am really hoping there is no Pets expansion pack for Sims3 because I have my fill of them in real life.

I was too exhausted to even think of putting up Buffy but now I see Aeval's blog and that's the solution for me. Even if I don't put up a fancy presentation, you all will know from this thread what you're getting and so I can just pass her along up there and skip the heartache of making a collage for a sim that may or may not meet celebrity sim criteria here. Though eventually, I do think I will try to upload here, too. I like having my work in its own little gallery here, that's kind of fun, even if it's hit or miss getting it accepted.

You should totally upload your Buffy on Aeval99's blog. Just post the download link in the comment section of the current poll (Which character you would most like to see) and Aeval99 could get it up within a day or two.
Scholar
#115 Old 22nd Aug 2009 at 4:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CharmingFirewaller
You should totally upload your Buffy on Aeval99's blog. Just post the download link in the comment section of the current poll (Which character you would most like to see) and Aeval99 could get it up within a day or two.
Oh okay yeah I was just there, and I put Buffy on Mediashare but couldn't figure out how to let her be linked to the blog. Okay, thanks for the info. Going off to do it now!

Okay, it's done. I made a post under the Comments Section. It gives the link to Buffy. It's the same Buffy that's been shown in the pictures in this thread so far. It's a zip file, and it's from my SavedSims folder. It's not a Simspack file. I tried to keep all her wardrobe and hair base game mesh compatible. I had Jiao's skin on her at the time I made the sim, and Syera's custom eyes, too, but I don't know if that gets packaged in.

Sorry, I'm still getting the hang of sharing content on Sims3. I am kind of clueless as to what gets included and what does not.

EDIT: Oops, I put the link on the wrong comments section. I put it under the main page comments. Doh!
Scholar
#116 Old 23rd Aug 2009 at 12:26 AM
Wow, 5 cats and a dog! You have your work cut out for you. I have a hard enough time keeping up with 1 dog and 1 husband. I had a kitten camped out on my porch begging to me let in for a week too. It nearly drove me nuts(ier).

You didn't put the link in the wrong section, you got it completely right! That first post is stickied so it will always be at the top, and is the best place to post anything you want me to see right away.

As far as I can figure out, Sims (whether they are sim3packs or just .sim files) only pick up items that come with the game. They don't package with any cc or store files, so the downloader won't see that content on your Sim, unless they already have those items installed in their game.

I can put links to default replacements for eyes and skins, and I'll toss any custom content (free or pay but not from the store) in with the Sim for download. To be honest, it's trying to figure out what is what, that has stopped me from uploading my Tara. I just don't even remember what make-up etc. I made her with.

If anyone else has anything they want uploaded, just put the preview pics in this thread (or post a link to them) and then pop the URL for the Sim in the first post on the blog. I'll get to them as soon as I can. :D
Test Subject
#117 Old 23rd Aug 2009 at 7:04 AM
Aeval, I love you! Thank you so much for posting! I'm gonna get to work on that house now ^________________________^
Banned
Original Poster
#118 Old 23rd Aug 2009 at 5:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Miss-Resa
Aeval, I love you! Thank you so much for posting! I'm gonna get to work on that house now ^________________________^

Yay! I'm so excited! Promise to share pics, mk?

And summersong86, I love your new avatar--it's your pretty Buffy sim! Much much better than the Jennifer Aniston sim (I dunno, I thought it looked like her lol).
Scholar
#119 Old 24th Aug 2009 at 11:58 PM
LOL...yeah I went and changed from a Sims 2 avatar to a Sims3 avatar at the same time I went back to Sims2. That's messed up! I'm going back to Sims2 for awhile, folks. I think it's a good time for me to do so because I've alread finished up all of my long-standing Sims2 projects, but just got too apathetic to upload them while I was battling a bad case of blepharitis--I hope I spelled that right. It's an eyelid inflammation that happens when the tiny pores in your eyelid get blocked up and infected. I still have it but it's gotten a lot better, at one time I was supposed to have surgery on one lid but I think now I can get away with not having it. I was half blind from it and the ointment I had to use. Ugh.

Anyway I'm back immersed in Sims2, taking photos of my work and prepping them for upload. And trying to track down an extinct Helga hair mesh--I have the mesh I just don't know the name of it so I can't offer it for my Jaclyn Smith sim. Frustrating!

I'm going to try and get all of my completed skintones uploaded to MTS, and put my sims here or, if they are rejected, on Mediafire for download via a blog page I set up thanks to Aeval's example.

I'll be back into Sims3 off and on and will be looking over all the Buffy content to download. I'm hoping when World Adventures rolls around it will give us new interactions that wil fit right into the context of the Buffyverse. There will be fighting with mummies. We may be able to create our own vamps we can fight, too. It looks like we'll be able to build our own crypts with some of the secret door features they're putting into WA.
Banned
Original Poster
#120 Old 25th Aug 2009 at 12:35 AM
lol...that is rather ironic. Well at least when you go back to the Sims 3 you won't have to change your avatar again. Sorry to hear about the eyelid inflammation. Something similar happened to me when I was young and it was NOT pleasant. Glad it's all better now.

To be honest, I've always hated the idea of the World Adventures EP but now that you mention all the possibilities...it might not be so bad after all. The secret door sure does sound interesting. I hope they have magic too, would give Willow and Tara something to do. Heehee!
Scholar
#121 Old 25th Aug 2009 at 3:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CharmingFirewaller

To be honest, I've always hated the idea of the World Adventures EP but now that you mention all the possibilities...it might not be so bad after all. The secret door sure does sound interesting. I hope they have magic too, would give Willow and Tara something to do. Heehee!
I hated the idea of WA after I saw the trailer and the video clip from the German demonstration. But then I started thinking of how we could apply some elements to the Buffy theme and I got to smiling again. We do need SOMETHING from Sims3 to really make this Buffy theme work.

One of the reasons I abruptly abandoned Buffy in her little house is because there was nothing at all to do with her that seemed in keeping with her character. I had already done the International SuperSpy career with a sim and that was a complete snoozefest. A career in Law Enforcement seemed closest to what Buffy does, but it's still not really close. I ended up making mine an aspiring rock star. One of my prototypes had the goal of perfect mind and perfect body. That would be more appropriate, except that the real Buffy wasn't really all that keen on chess and telescopes!

She looked cool at the graveyard--I give the game that much. But there wasn't much for her to do there except talk to some ghosts and read a book. All the things that I'd done with my other sims just seemed so out of place for a Buffy sim. Things like growing plants. I will of course leave that to Tara and Willow. But it's not like they can be witches, as in Sims2. Witches are so fun in Sims1 and in Sims2. I'm mad they weren't included in the base game of Sims3 and have yet to be hinted at for an EP.

The next EP after WA darn well had better be Sims3 Supernaturals!
Banned
Original Poster
#122 Old 25th Aug 2009 at 4:36 AM
I'm dying for a magic EP too! It's such a shame they couldn't include features from the Sims 2 EPs in the Sims 3 base game. Even the Sims 2 had more slayage than this one. I remember a wand mod that someone had created on here. It would let your sims inflict death upon their target sims (hunger, death by flies, electrocution, etc.).

Something like that would be awesome in the Sims 3 so Buffy can really fight the big bads. Right now all we can do is hold the "vampires" hostage in her house and pray that they keel over and die of starvation. Less action and way too depressing to watch.

If we're lucky, though, a modder might create something to make our Buffy dreams come true. Even a simple fight hack that ended with an 80% chance of one of the sims dying would be good. I mean, not good in general, just for a Buffy style play...

And on that note, I'm gonna go mod hunting. I'll let you guys know if I find anything. Happy Simming!
Mad Poster
#123 Old 28th Aug 2009 at 1:02 AM
Here's my Dawn. Hope you like her:

I'll send you the link, aeval99! I'm pretty sure I used only base game content.

I'm sorry to say I agree with you Summersong, about the problems playing Buffy in TS3 but I'm not up to reinstalling all 15 EPs and SP's of TS2 again so I'll tough it out with TS3. Maybe the mummy in the new EP will give us some interesting animations for fighting and such.
Banned
Original Poster
#124 Old 28th Aug 2009 at 4:11 AM Last edited by CharmingFirewaller : 28th Aug 2009 at 4:38 AM.
I know I've already commented on your Dawn, edejan, but just to give this thread a bump--she's adorable!

Kidding about just giving this thread a bump, hope the Admins don't strike me with lightning *crosses fingers* I too am hoping for a supernatural EP. Has anyone found any magic mods yet? We used to have tons for the Sims 2 even before Apartment Life.
Scholar
#125 Old 28th Aug 2009 at 4:23 AM
Dawn is pretty. I like her nose and chin, and her cute pout like the real Dawn has. Having been back in Sims2 I am reminded how angular the chins and jaws can be. I am not having as much luck with my Sims2 Buffy as I did with the Sims3 one--her chin was looking lumpy though I think I got that fixed finally. I may bounce back to Sim3 soon. I want to start working on adding skills Xander by edejan so he will be ready for the mummies in World Adventures. (I LOVE that Xander by the way!) Though really the descriptions of WA get bleaker every time I read up on them. Sigh...I hope they don't hold back as much as it sounds like they are. I guess the game as described now is incomplete so I shouldn't get so bummed about it so soon.
Page 5 of 19