Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Lifetime Aspirations v.05

by ky-e Posted 27th Oct 2020 at 12:15 PM - Updated 27th Jun 2022 at 2:09 AM by HugeLunatic : removed advertising

229 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 162 Feedback Posts, 66 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 10
Test Subject
Original Poster
#51 Old 17th Apr 2021 at 11:30 PM
Okay, the new version is now live! Took a bit longer than expected due to how tedious it was to convert each Aspiration, but the result should be much more stable and future-proof. I updated the post description with the changelog and plans for the future, anyone who was having issues previously should try the new version.
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 18th Apr 2021 at 12:01 AM
So I downloaded the mod and like the idea but I'm having some issues. When I try to change an aspiration it sometimes brings up an aspirations menu but without any listings to select. I also had one instance (this was after I'd gone into CAS to change the aspirations there though I'm not 100% sure if that was the cause) where the button to change aspirations wouldn't work at all. I'd just click it and nothing would happen.

edit: The blank menu issue happened again right after I had gone into the rewards store this time.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#53 Old 18th Apr 2021 at 3:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Celiria
So I downloaded the mod and like the idea but I'm having some issues. When I try to change an aspiration it sometimes brings up an aspirations menu but without any listings to select. I also had one instance (this was after I'd gone into CAS to change the aspirations there though I'm not 100% sure if that was the cause) where the button to change aspirations wouldn't work at all. I'd just click it and nothing would happen.

edit: The blank menu issue happened again right after I had gone into the rewards store this time.

That's very odd, I haven't come across anything like that in my play testing. I'm assuming that this was using the updated mod posted just before your comment? Do you have any other mods?
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 18th Apr 2021 at 4:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ky-e
That's very odd, I haven't come across anything like that in my play testing. I'm assuming that this was using the updated mod posted just before your comment? Do you have any other mods?

Yes. A lot of them to be fair. Though just to double check I just went in and tried loading the game with all the mods but yours removed and had the same issue. Clicking to change the aspiration brought up an empty menu and if I click the rewards button to open and close that menu the button for changing aspirations stops working entirely.

edit: I also just went in and tried it with a new household (I though maybe it might be tied to the fact that I'd initially tried it on a save that had previously had normal base game aspirations) but it had the same result.

For the record aside from this the mod seems to be working fine. They show up in CAS and I can swap them there and they seem to function fine once equipped. It's just when I try to change them in game that there seems to be an issue.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#55 Old 18th Apr 2021 at 4:45 AM
Okay as it turns out I'm an idiot. I figured out what was causing the problem. I forgot to remove both the merged file as well as the files for the packs I don't have. I'm guessing that was causing the issue because once I deleted those and went back in the menu worked just fine. Sorry about that.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#56 Old 18th Apr 2021 at 5:24 AM
Okay as it turns out I'm an idiot. I figured out what was causing the problem. I forgot to remove both the merged file as well as the files for the packs I don't have. I'm guessing that was causing the issue because once I deleted those and went back in the menu worked just fine. Sorry about that.

No worries! Glad it turned out to be an easy fix, the play mode Aspirations menu can be a bit temperamental sometimes (been trying and failing to get it to show my Occult category for too many hours). Maybe I'll move the individual files to their own folder in future releases to help prevent this issue.
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 22nd Apr 2021 at 5:01 PM
I think I stumbled across a UI bug. When aging up my sim children to teens in the pop up to select new traits and aspirations it was showing duplicate aspirations. As far as I could tell it didn't cause any issues but it was a bit odd. Afterwards when going through the regular aspirations menu though everything was normal so it might just be that particular menu.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#58 Old 22nd Apr 2021 at 6:08 PM
I think I stumbled across a UI bug. When aging up my sim children to teens in the pop up to select new traits and aspirations it was showing duplicate aspirations. As far as I could tell it didn't cause any issues but it was a bit odd. Afterwards when going through the regular aspirations menu though everything was normal so it might just be that particular menu.

Thanks for the report! I totally forgot about that menu, sounds like it's still showing the stock Aspirations which are supposed to be hidden
Test Subject
Original Poster
#59 Old 22nd Apr 2021 at 10:22 PM
Okay I know I only updated the mod 5 days ago, but I've added another new update! I had a particularly productive week and managed to fix all the known bugs (excluding the one reported a couple posts above this) and added the Batuu/Snowy Escape/Bust the Dust Aspirations! This means that this part of the mod is essentially finished, excluding bug fixes, balance adjustments, and translations (check out the main post if you wanna help with those!).

My primary focus from now on will be brand new Aspirations. The first ones will be from the base game content, I have 8 planned right now, 5 of which focus on careers. Afterwards I'll start working through new expansion Aspirations by pack. As I detail in the "Future Plans" section of the main post, I'm introducing a new "Fulfilled" reward trait which will grant a permanent movement. I haven't decided if I want to replace the usual reward traits with it, but for now all of my brand new Aspirations will have that as their reward.
Test Subject
#60 Old 23rd Apr 2021 at 10:47 PM
Default Idea for new aspirations
Here’s a suggestion I’d love to see be added for pack related aspirations. I would love a politician aspiration From City Living. I have some politicians sims in my neighborhoods and I think that’s the perfect aspiration for them.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#61 Old 24th Apr 2021 at 3:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MrPixelthirst
Here’s a suggestion I’d love to see be added for pack related aspirations. I would love a politician aspiration From City Living. I have some politicians sims in my neighborhoods and I think that’s the perfect aspiration for them.

You'll be glad to hear I actually finished making those this morning! I did one for each track of that career (Charity/Politician), they'll be in the next update.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#62 Old 24th Apr 2021 at 4:10 PM
Aspirations in previous games were so good, therefore I'm glaaaad to see this mod ! Thanks
I saw you're open to suggestions, well I have one : "The Ideal Homemaker" aspiration but it requires both "Laundry Day" and "Bust the Dust". It's basically Perfectly Pristine 2.0.
Test Subject
#63 Old 24th Apr 2021 at 7:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ky-e
You'll be glad to hear I actually finished making those this morning! I did one for each track of that career (Charity/Politician), they'll be in the next update.

Oh that’s great! Well I do have a few more ideas if you’re interested incase these are ones you may not have thought of.

Basegame/ Pack Aspirations...
> A Military Aspiration (Strangerville required)
> A Style Influencer Aspiration (Basegame Required)
> Aspirations related to all of the Basegame Freelancer careers
> A Medium Aspiration (Paranormal Stuff)
> A Snowboarder and Skier aspiration (Snowy Escape)

My own unique ideas...
> An Occult Aspiration for normal human sims who want to become an occult (Mermaid, Vampire Or Spell-caster and any future occult’s we may obtain. I’m sure with this one you’d probably have to have all the packs that these occult’s come from but still it’s a good idea. And maybe there’s some other goals like once you become the occult that you can follow. I’m not sure if something like this could work but it’s worth mentioning
> A legacy-based aspiration or perhaps aspirations for players who like to play generations-style gameplay
> A SIMple life aspiration for sims who don’t have any specific goals or aspirations they lean towards, maybe it’s an aspiration that gives the player more leeway of how they want their sims to live. For instance maybe it could have simple goals that aren’t catered towards a specific career or skills. For example maybe certain goals can simply just be to ( Have a best friend— Go to college as a young-adult and obtain a major—Join a career-— Become involved in a relationship/get married — reach basic skills like charisma, cooking, handiness, logic.) — Retire from your career as an elder. ) Hopefully that makes sense and obviously you can tweak it however it’ll best work in the game but I think an aspiration that is just there for any sim in particular that doesn’t really have any extreme goals towards a specific topic like romance or family.
> An aspirations dedicated to specific age groups an only available for those age groups. So like Child Aspirations which we desperately need more of. And Teen aspirations and perhaps if possible Elder aspirations.

Anyway that’s all I can think of for the time being I’m sure you probably have already considered some of those. But nonetheless I figured I should still bring them up just incase. Also I hope you consider my personal ideas as I believe everyone would enjoy those types of aspirations and hopefully they made sense lol!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#64 Old 24th Apr 2021 at 9:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sepowo
Aspirations in previous games were so good, therefore I'm glaaaad to see this mod ! Thanks
I saw you're open to suggestions, well I have one : "The Ideal Homemaker" aspiration but it requires both "Laundry Day" and "Bust the Dust". It's basically Perfectly Pristine 2.0.

That's an interesting idea! Do you have a goal for it in mind?

Quote: Originally posted by MrPixelthirst
Anyway that’s all I can think of for the time being I’m sure you probably have already considered some of those. But nonetheless I figured I should still bring them up just incase. Also I hope you consider my personal ideas as I believe everyone would enjoy those types of aspirations and hopefully they made sense lol!

I have finished Aspirations for all careers so far (except for the Freelance ones, but I think a general Freelance Aspiration would be a good idea)! I'm planning one for the Paranormal Investigator Freelance Career, so that should cover the Medium stuff. Snowy Escape already as a Snowboarding/Skiing Aspiration so I think that base has been covered pretty well (and sadly the feature is too shallow to really allow for much more exploration of it). I think the Family Aspirations cover legacy players decently well (and I have one or two more which will help with that), but I don't really play Legacy saves so I'm happy to hear specific goal ideas! Sadly only Children can have exclusive Aspirations, but I think a couple more focusing on the After School Activities would be fun.

I think "Become an Occult" would be too easy of a goal for this mod, but I think a similar thing can be accomplished by just having Aspirations for each Occult. Vampires and Spellcasters already have those, I haven't been able to figure out what it could be for Mermaids since they're a bit more shallow in their features, but I'll give it some more thought! The same issue kinda presents itself with a more general Aspiration, it's difficult to find a single goal which could work for that. Retirement could work, but it's basically already been covered by all the other career Aspirations. I think "Renaissance Sim" and some of the "Fortune" Aspirations work to provide that freedom at least, and hopefully the plethora of new Aspirations (23 completed so far, 11 more planned including these suggestions) will cover almost any goal a player could have anyway, though if you have a specific goal in mind that will take a whole lifetime to complete I'm happy to hear it!
Test Subject
#65 Old 25th Apr 2021 at 3:52 PM
@ky-e I thought about "Achieve 40 chores while having a clean home". Chores are the following : dry laundry with a dryer or a clothesline (using a dryer on a community lot counts), all base game cleaning interactions and of course vacuuming ! "Bust the Dust" still needs to be patched apparently, so the number of chores is not definitive. I'm not sure if the robot-vacuum from "Cats & Dogs" should be included, it's up to you.
This aspiration will always be one of the easiest to fulfill, so the key is to make it a bit more "challenging" and diversified I guess.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#66 Old 27th Apr 2021 at 3:11 PM
Okay yet another update! I've added 25 new Aspirations to the mod, mostly focusing on careers (but with several fun ones as well). I have 12 more Aspirations currently planned, but they're more difficult to implement (and 5 of them need new reward traits), so the next update will likely take much longer than the last couple have.

Quote: Originally posted by Sepowo
@ky-e I thought about "Achieve 40 chores while having a clean home". Chores are the following : dry laundry with a dryer or a clothesline (using a dryer on a community lot counts), all base game cleaning interactions and of course vacuuming ! "Bust the Dust" still needs to be patched apparently, so the number of chores is not definitive. I'm not sure if the robot-vacuum from "Cats & Dogs" should be included, it's up to you.
This aspiration will always be one of the easiest to fulfill, so the key is to make it a bit more "challenging" and diversified I guess.

Sounds nice, I'll give that some thought!
Test Subject
#67 Old 28th Apr 2021 at 7:20 AM
Would you ever consider making a version where instead of completely overriding the default aspirations, they stay the same but with your aspiration goals added to the end? That way it'd still be more challenging, but we could still do the default ones for challenges like the Not So Berry challenge and things like that. Would that even be possible? Thanks for the mod btw <3
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 28th Apr 2021 at 2:20 PM
i don`t know if it is a bug or not,but when you start a new game and you pick a sim you made earlier (before the v4 version) the sim got still there original aspiration,they change noly when you change it to a other aspiration to do

If it ain`t Dutch it ain`t much
keep your friends close but your enemies closer
Test Subject
Original Poster
#69 Old 28th Apr 2021 at 3:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PurpleMuffins227
Would you ever consider making a version where instead of completely overriding the default aspirations, they stay the same but with your aspiration goals added to the end? That way it'd still be more challenging, but we could still do the default ones for challenges like the Not So Berry challenge and things like that. Would that even be possible? Thanks for the mod btw <3

Sadly I think that would take too much time to implement to be worth it, though if anyone wants to use the package files to do so feel free!

Quote: Originally posted by larsV
i don`t know if it is a bug or not,but when you start a new game and you pick a sim you made earlier (before the v4 version) the sim got still there original aspiration,they change noly when you change it to a other aspiration to do

Don't worry that's supposed to happen! Overriding the Aspirations causes a ton of bugs, so this mod just hides/replaces them.
Test Subject
#70 Old 2nd May 2021 at 7:40 PM Last edited by ipyxie : 2nd May 2021 at 8:02 PM.
Aspiration Ideas / Suggestions
Hey there! I sent this via PM to you, but here are some aspiration thoughts!:

First and foremost: Get rid of Star Wars, or add an option to hide the Star Wars aspirations.

Nature
Green Goer: Raise Eco Footprint of an entire world.

Mischief
Get Off My Lawn!: Shoo 100 Different Sims Off Your Lot, Have 10 Enemies
Enemy of the World: Have 30 Enemies

Fortune
Plopsim: Sell 100 items on Plopsy.
Peculiar Penny-Pincher: Become rich through alternative means such as odd jobs, instead of a traditional career.

Fine-Tasting Entrepreneur: Own 3 restaurants with 5-star reviews.
Ultimate Shopkeeper: Own 3 businesses making high dollar.
Doctor Dolittle: Own 3 vets that are successful. Perhaps through a certain amount of clientele or dollars made?
Desiree for the Unknown: Visit all hidden locations in every world.
Selvadorian Savvant: Level 10+ Selvadorian Culture, Befriend 10+ Locals.
Perhaps something to do with being self sufficient?

Occult
Hello, Goodbye: Die and come back to life three times (if this is even possible).
The Ultimate Hybrid: Be a hybrid of 3 occults.
I See You: Host a certain amount of successful seances and befriend a certain amount of ghosts?
Thanatophilia: Meet Death, befriend Death, Woohoo Death.
(Romance/Occult): Wooghouler: Woohoo with each (4?) of each occult.
(Family/Occult): Children of All: Have 1 child from each occult.
Overcomer: Be cursed with every curse from Realm of Magic, and overcome them all.
Swish n' Flick: Perform every spell from Realm of Magic.
Mermaid aspirations.
Alien aspirations.
Ghost aspirations.

Skill
String of Excellence: Level 10 of Violin & Guitar.
Baron of Keys: Level 10 of Pipe Organ & Piano.
Swish, Swish, Sim: Level 10 of Beer Brewing, Mixology & Herbalism.
Stainless Simmer: Level 10 of Baking, Cooking & Gourmet Cooking aspiration.
Can't Touch This: Level 10 Dancing & Fitness. Perhaps an addition of utilizing the dancing features added from Get Together.
Queen/King of Green: Level 8 Flower Arranging, Gardening & Herbalism.
Mother/Father Superior: Level 10 Pet Training & Parenting.
Chatterbox: Level 10 Charisma, Comedy & Singing.
Golden Eye: Level 10 Photography, perhaps add on something from Moschino that expands the photography skill and capabilities.
Golden Throat: Singing, Comedy & Charisma Level 10
Of Strong Body & Mind: Fitness & Wellness Level 10 + Achieve Emotional Control

(Perhaps an Emotion or Well-being Category?)
To Feel, Or Not To Feel: Feel every available emotion at once in-game.
But Fear Itself: Stay Scared for 4 Days
Forever Fine: Stay Fine for 4 Days
Because I'm Happy: Stay Happy for 4 Days
Hello Sadness My Old Friend: Stay Sad for 4 Days
Frisky Business: Stay Romantic for 4 Days
Aspired to Inspire: Stay Inspired for 4 Days
Focus On Me: Stay Focused for 4 Days
Seeing Red: Stay Angry for 4 Days
Bear the Bore: Stay Bored for 4 Days
Seeing Stars: Stay Dazed for 4 Days
Can't Even: Stay Tense for 4 Days
No Coffee Needed: Stay Energized for 4 Days
???: Stay Playful for 4 Days
???: Stay Uncomfortable for 4 Days

And if you want to include aspirations for other mods!:
Mod Aspirations (Basemental Drugs)
Skill: Psychedelic Overlord: Level 8 Amphetamine, MDMA & Cocaine Dealing
Skill: Seeing Green: Level 10 Cannabis, Herbalism & Gardening Skill.
Mischief: Now You See Me, Now You Don't: Rip off 20 clients.
Social: Breaking Bad: Sell Cocaine to 100 Clients, befriend 10 other Drug Dealers.
Skill: My Basemental: Sell 40 of Amphetamine, MDMA, Cannabis & Cocaine.

(Basemental Gangs)
Social: I Am The Dragon: Level 10 Simkuza Skill + 10 Members that are Friends.
Social: Simstratic: Level 10 La Cosa Simstra Skill + 10 Members that are Friends.
Social: Guns n' Glory: Level 10 Newcrest Thugs Skill + 10 Members that are Friends.
Social: Level Fifteen: Level 10 Fifteenth Street Gang Skill + 10 Members that are Friends.

(SimDa Dating App)
Romance: Serial Dater: Go on 50 Blind Dates. Have 10 romances from them.

I know there are other aspirations on here that I do use, but it would be nice to have one mod to use for all aspirations. Perhaps you might collaborate with MissBee for the child aspirations?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#71 Old 2nd May 2021 at 8:19 PM
This mod looks very interesting, but I have one question. If I install it what will it do (if anything) to my existing sims and their townie friends?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#72 Old 2nd May 2021 at 9:30 PM
@ipyxie
Thank you for the ideas!! I'll definitely be going through this list and taking all of those into consideration, see which ones might be possible or work with the balancing. I do plan to make the Star Wars Aspirations a hidden unlockable in the next update, so the category will be hidden until your Sim visits Batuu.

Quote: Originally posted by oldman11
This mod looks very interesting, but I have one question. If I install it what will it do (if anything) to my existing sims and their townie friends?

It will do nothing, all of your existing Sims will continue to have their usual Aspirations. You'll have to go into the menu and re-select an Aspiration if you want to use the ones from this mod (it doesn't replace the originals, just hides them).
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#73 Old 5th May 2021 at 6:24 PM
This is a wonderful, must have mod! Thank you for sharing it with us! I was wondering if you could make the Academia lifetime wish a little harder? Getting 2 degrees would be awesome!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#74 Old 5th May 2021 at 7:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by E-Double
This is a wonderful, must have mod! Thank you for sharing it with us! I was wondering if you could make the Academia lifetime wish a little harder? Getting 2 degrees would be awesome!

Glad you enjoy! I still have to test and see how long this one takes, but the Location Aspirations are designed to be much easier and only take about 1 Sim week (they only award 1000 Aspiration points). Sadly most of the Location-based activities in the game aren't robust enough to support full Aspirations, so I had to adjust accordingly.

Though if I can find a way to test for it, I've considered moving that one back to the Knowledge category and requiring multiple degrees like you suggested!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#75 Old 6th May 2021 at 7:07 AM
Say whaaaaaaat?? Literally about to downlead this RIGHT NOW
Page 3 of 10