Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Mar 2022 at 3:00 AM
Default Limited search sorting options
Hi,
I haven't been on the site for a while but coming back I noticed the redesign, which for the most part I find to be a welcome change. However, I feel that there is a major lack of sorting options, such as searching within specific timeframes, or searching by most popular outside of just the last 30 days.
I've seen the reason given that it allows newer mods a chance to shine, and while this may be true, I think it just limits the ability to freely and easily find what you want. The top mods are at the top for a reason usually, and it should be easy for a new user to find the best/most essential mods.
There is the "Picked" uploads section, which is great, but at the time of writing there are 9,334 picked uploads for the Sims 2 (467 pages by default), not exactly easy to look through. It just feels wrong to deliberately not include the ability to search by "Most Popular of All Time", or another timeframe. I think it may also have the side effect of making Sims modding less accessible. Hopefully this is something that is added to the new design.
Advertisement
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#2 Old 18th Mar 2022 at 2:58 PM
Thanks for the feedback! These options where also missing prior to the redesign, just so you know. . I can certainly look into adding searching for specific timeframes, however most popular is a more complex search so will need to do more research into that.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Mar 2022 at 8:06 AM
I'm certain I remembered some form of "top/most popular of all time" being available before the redesign, but perhaps I am mistaken. Hopefully at the least that option can be added. Thanks for the reply!
Test Subject
#4 Old 20th Mar 2022 at 5:06 PM
I've been a lurker/downloaded here for Years and years (since sims2 really) and there def used to be options to sort by popularity, # of downloads, to include only purchased packs....these are all missing now. Honestly, it makes me not want to download anything here because I am struggling to find what i want. I dont want the newest shiniest downloads, i want some of the best of the best, most loved and most used downloads.