Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Mar 2021 at 1:44 AM
Default sims 4 kits gone
anybody else have the same problem? i bout the kits last week,and i wanted to play the sims today,and in games was told the kits were gone and had to buy them again,i don`t know where this go and yes already put a quiestion about that on the ea site

If it ain`t Dutch it ain`t much
keep your friends close but your enemies closer
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 10th Mar 2021 at 2:10 AM Last edited by Emmett Brown : 10th Mar 2021 at 2:36 AM.
By golly, you're right! I bought the dust bunny kit and now it says that I have to buy it again. I think it goes to the Sims Guru support fund. But then again, Origin has been malfunctioning all day - I can't even start sims 4 from origin! I have to use the start up icon on my desktop.
Edit: How did you get through EA's impenetrable fire wall on their help page? they suckered me into paying a lot of money for "help" about 4 years ago, I don't them to charge my credit card another $80 bucks because I have a $5 issue like they did back then.

Sims are better than us.
Test Subject
#3 Old 10th Mar 2021 at 5:45 AM
Yes, a bunch of people are reporting this strange problem. A temporary issue with Origin according to EA on Twitter.

Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
they suckered me into paying a lot of money for "help" about 4 years ago, I don't them to charge my credit card another $80 bucks because I have a $5 issue like they did back then.

What?
Instructor
#4 Old 10th Mar 2021 at 12:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pistence
Yes, a bunch of people are reporting this strange problem. A temporary issue with Origin according to EA on Twitter.

What?

Mine's ok this morning but I only have the kitchen set. Maybe the dust bunnies got into Origin?
One Minute Ninja'd
#5 Old 10th Mar 2021 at 3:47 PM
They want you to buy the dust bunnies again? Didn't you just clean up and got rid of them?
Field Researcher
#6 Old 10th Mar 2021 at 3:48 PM
Origin lists the kits as unowned for me but I didn’t buy them so that makes sense
Scholar
#7 Old 10th Mar 2021 at 6:08 PM
Looks like the buggy packs did everyone a favor and wiped themselves out.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 10th Mar 2021 at 6:28 PM
I have the dust things and, in my game, they’re all fine.
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 10th Mar 2021 at 10:00 PM
They're back now. That is a thing, not a good thing or bad thing, but a thing that is a thing.

Sims are better than us.
Smeg Head
#10 Old 12th Mar 2021 at 1:35 AM
Fixed for now, sure.

But the irony being, when loading up TS4 to main page, an add for one of the kits says, "take it back, ya'll" (Suggesting the clothing style from yesteryear.)

Seems EA, Orgin, quite literally did take it back. For a while. Aren't they just magnificent at irony, without even trying? I mean come on, it would be sheer genius, if it wasn't so coincidentally accidental all the time. Or is it....

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
dodgy builder
#11 Old 12th Mar 2021 at 8:03 AM
Do people really buy their packs twice? Some people have too much money!
Mad Poster
#12 Old 13th Mar 2021 at 6:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
Do people really buy their packs twice? Some people have too much money!

I pitty those ppl, cuz they literally sound like the type of people who can be takem advanrage of coorperations and other people i wouldn't pay twice and demamd to be refunded

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Instructor
#13 Old 13th Mar 2021 at 12:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
I pitty those ppl, cuz they literally sound like the type of people who can be takem advanrage of coorperations and other people i wouldn't pay twice and demamd to be refunded

You do get refunds if you buy something twice. I was charged for a pack I already had when buying via the Game''s main screen. My advice is always buy via Origin or Steam directly. I asked for a refund on Origin, gave my reason, and got it. No problem.
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 13th Mar 2021 at 3:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix

How do you ask for a refund? EA protects itself from complaints and refund requests by an impenetrable wall of HTML code.
In the past, if you tried to work with EA to fix a problem, they have a $/hour "help service". The guy wasted my time and then I got a bill on my credit card for $80. I had no idea I was being charged. I have no idea if they're still running that business which seemed like a scam to me. It's better to just let it go as money flushed down the drain. Sort of like the $1000+ tread mill I bought my wife cuz she had to have it. ; she used it once and that was that. Of course, tell everyone you can on some idiot Guru's twitter feed. It seems like half of EA's bad public image is do to the bad statements of Sim Gurus. You'll be a lot happier staying away from them.

Sims are better than us.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 13th Mar 2021 at 5:28 PM
If you can't get a refund for the thing you bought but didn't receive, you could either suit them and/or simply not buy it TWICE in hopes of getting it back? That's like going to mcdonalds to order something, then the worker just straight up forgets your order, you just don't come again at the register to reoder it

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 14th Mar 2021 at 2:05 PM
Sorry. I just can't help but say it: EA is a shady company, and Maxis has long ago veered away from Will Wright's vision of it.

You have to know how to accept rejection and reject acceptance. - Ray Bradbury