Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Oct 2020 at 2:02 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Annoying Lagging
Hey Guys no long no see , I've been having a lagging problem with my game and it's quite annoying. I do have a lot of custom content in my game but I really never deleted anything because I don't want to delete the wrong CC/MOD. Is there anyway that I could clean my game up again and make It playable I sure do miss playing TS2. I'm willing to download any programs or overall just cleaning up my PC , thank you for reading
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 28th Oct 2020 at 2:39 AM
Do you have the 4gb patch on and graphic rules done? https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=610641 Start there if you haven't.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Oct 2020 at 3:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Do you have the 4gb patch on and graphic rules done? https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=610641 Start there if you haven't.

I think I've been doing the 4GB patch wrong are you supposed to patch the game every time you play?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 28th Oct 2020 at 3:50 AM
No. You're supposed to apply the patch once and the game file should stay patched. Does the patch keep coming undone?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 28th Oct 2020 at 3:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ShaniaNextDoor
I think I've been doing the 4GB patch wrong are you supposed to patch the game every time you play?

No, it's something that you do that should stay and show up in your config-log.txt if it has applied and worked.

It can come off though if you have had a hard crash or set compatibility mode and maybe from other things too, so it pays to check the log perodicly or anytime you think it may have come off.

Documents> EA GAMES> The Sims 2 > Logs> config-log.txt
Open that up and check that it says
Memory: 4096MB
Free memory: 4096MB

You do need enough RAM for your computer to be able to apply this of course. A notebook with 2RAM isn't going to give you 4 for your game.

Then lower down you want to see the name of your graphic card and that it's found in the data base.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#6 Old 28th Oct 2020 at 3:24 PM
One other thing I'd look at is if there's tons of backgound tasks running on the computer and find a program to help with controlling that and another one to put my computer into a tubo boost gaming mode which is what I've done to shut down that junk that often tries to run in the background and it's getting shut down on my computer so it's able to do the things I want to like browse internet or run my games on the right graphics card in windowed mode.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 28th Oct 2020 at 6:37 PM
I've got a tutorial for cleaning out downloads here. The basic premise is that for build/buy mode stuff, you pop it all on an empty lot, package it up, install it to a new folder and run a duplicate file scan. That gets rid of meshes and recolours. For CAS stuff, the key is identification. Download Cat's Tooltip adder and run it on your CAS content. Then when you hover over a thing in Bodyshop, it'll show the filename instead of the tooltip, so you can hunt it down and delete it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 1st Nov 2020 at 10:07 PM
Thank you everyone the 4GB patch helped a ton !