Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#51 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 8:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mangaroo
I don't miss playing "find the homework on the floor."

that made me laugh

Ive noticed alot of people complaining about stuff they could have used cheats for. Not sure if im the only one who cheats on sims but stuff like your hungry bar i use a cheat for to be able to control that easily.

I do not miss the loading screens

I do however extremely miss: pets, weather, dating, going out to eat and choosing what they eat, and a number of other things such as, oh i dont know, a wide variety of clothing and decorations! that annoys me how horrible the choices are for decorating your house and your appearance.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 9:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by inabisim
One thing I don't miss:

Baby cries in its crib.

Everyone in the house goes, "THE BABY IS CRYING OH MY LORD IN HEAVEN THE BABY IS CRYING WE MUST GO TO THE BABY. OH THE BABY, I MUST GET THE BABY, GIVE ME THE BABY NOW. PUT THE BABY DOWN AND LET ME GET THE BABY."

And the ever popular:

"OMG SWINGSET! They put a SWINGSET IN THE YARD I MUST GO SWING. Work? PFFF. FOOD??? Who needs food THERE'S A SWINGSET. I will SIMPLY PEE WHILE ON THE SWINGSET."

You have just made me actually laugh out loud with that post! Thank you, and I agree.

To add:

"OMG the baby is crying and has green stink coming from it! What should I do? Ooooh, nope, won't change the poor kid, I'll FEED IT MORE!"

I don't miss that at all!
Field Researcher
#53 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 1:47 PM
I haven't had a child in my game yet but it sounds like that we don't have to play that "find the homework on the floor" game anymore so that's definitely something I won't miss!

"OMG Are we still friends???" message spam is another thing I really won't miss. I'd actually love to have a hack for TS2 that removes all that annoying spam. (Does anyone know if that kind of a hack exists?)

Other than those... I must admit that I miss too many things from TS2 to completely enjoy TS3. That's why I'm mostly playing TS2 at the moment and hoping to play TS3 more when the first EP comes out.

LJ
Mad Poster
#54 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 1:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pennysims
"OMG Are we still friends???" message spam is another thing I really won't miss. I'd actually love to have a hack for TS2 that removes all that annoying spam. (Does anyone know if that kind of a hack exists?)

Bwahhaa, that has been replaced with "Sim X is calling. Are you sure you want to talk to him?"
Instructor
#55 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 2:10 PM
Making friends to get promotion, that was plain stupid. How exactly would befriending neighbour's toddler help me to become a criminal mastermind?
Instructor
#56 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 2:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iamzack
the "woke up early" temper tantrum

Have you had a baby yet? One of my families have twins and they have their girls' cribs in their bedroom. Well, of course the babies woke up in the middle of the night. While there was no tantrum, both parents got two negative moodlets: "bad night's sleep" and "woken up too early". They go away but it's certainly more effective on my reactions than the tantrum, as I have an 11-month old and know EXACTLY how they feel.

I don't miss:

find the homework

buy the groceries

go downtown to buy clothes

dating - it was so easy to manipulate
Scholar
Original Poster
#57 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 2:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Oprah
Making friends to get promotion, that was plain stupid. How exactly would befriending neighbour's toddler help me to become a criminal mastermind?

That both annoyed and cracked me up. I also found it was funny that the sim himself didnt need those friends -- anyone in the family could have them. When I had a stay at home parent sim busy skilling up, I'd park a toddler in the yard with a charisma bunny. Random townie would walk by and parent would greet the person and go inside. Townie would be drawn to the toddler's charisma bunny, sit down and start playing with it. Instant easy friendships.
Test Subject
#58 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 2:49 PM
MEMORIES! I hated memories.
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 2:49 PM
Forced Micromanagement
Loading Screens - like others, my fault for my 9 gigs of yummy cc
Stopping to look at the weather
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 2:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sarasvati
More!:

WOW YOU'RE SUCH A GOOD DATE LET ME GIVE YOU A HOT TUB

Wait, that never happened to you irl? :P
Inventor
#61 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 2:55 PM
One thing I also don't miss is my safe-file-neighbourhood weighing in at roughly 1Gb.

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 2:56 PM
The promotions. "Wanna go from burger flipper to milkshake pourer? Okay, go make 4 more friends, get two more bars of logic, one charisma, and max out your cooking, K, thanx." *rolls eyes*
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 3:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Axe Gaijin
One thing I also don't miss is my safe-file-neighbourhood weighing in at roughly 1Gb.

How big are they now? Have not looked and not at home to check
Inventor
#64 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 3:08 PM
My current savefile is 40Mb

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
Lab Assistant
#65 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 3:48 PM

Same! Sometimes I couldn't find it. I also don't miss that sims would sleep in each other beds... even when they had there own bed. I like that in sims 3 they understand a lot better who's bed is who's.

I also don't miss the loading screens. They took only a few minutes to load, but I still hate them. I also don't miss the fact that I couldn't visit other sims. I like that my sim can go all over the neighborhood. Heck, they can even run crazy to the hospital when they're about to have the baby.
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 4:14 PM
I'm in love with you! Let me serenade you and we'll woohoo and move in together and get married--nevermind that I just met you 6 hours ago!

Yeah, I don't miss that. Chemistry was really cool, but going from meeting someone to falling in love and marrying them in one day was a little ridiculous and too easy to do.

I don't miss how much aspirations made sims be so single-mindedly obsessed with something. In TS3, family-oriented sims are like "aww, kids are cute!" whereas TS2 family sims were like "BABIESSSS!!!!"
Test Subject
#67 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 4:38 PM
Two things I don't miss:
- Millions of loading screens.
- Having to buy every single custom clothing I want my sim to wear or try on.
Top Secret Researcher
#68 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 4:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by -StarrY-
Two things I don't miss:
- Millions of loading screens.
- Having to buy every single custom clothing I want my sim to wear or try on.

One feature I thought was too realistic. Shopping's usually boring in real life, I don't want to do it in the game!
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 5:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tairourou
I'm in love with you! Let me serenade you and we'll woohoo and move in together and get married--nevermind that I just met you 6 hours ago!

Yeah, I don't miss that. Chemistry was really cool, but going from meeting someone to falling in love and marrying them in one day was a little ridiculous and too easy to do.

I don't miss how much aspirations made sims be so single-mindedly obsessed with something. In TS3, family-oriented sims are like "aww, kids are cute!" whereas TS2 family sims were like "BABIESSSS!!!!"

I had someone move in with me after a few hours in TS3, i don't think it's that different though imo some relationships are so much easier to build than others.
Mad Poster
#70 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 7:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Oprah

It's still the same in TS3. Now you need to make friends with certain people you have never met if you want to get some extra charisma points. Like that makes you charismatic IRL. Or sotimes the best cook in town really needs your average home made burgers.

Quote: Originally posted by laurbake
I had someone move in with me after a few hours in TS3, i don't think it's that different though imo some relationships are so much easier to build than others.

Same here. If I want two sims to start a relationship in TS3 it only takes about a couple of hours sim time to get them from total strangers to move in boyfriend/girlfriend. The only difference now is that it's more annoying. Instead of clicking chat, tell joke, kiss, make out, make-out, and woohoo each a few times, now you need to click, chat, get to know, ask about day, shy kiss, kiss, make-out, and woohoo, but no more than two times in a row.
Field Researcher
#71 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 8:49 PM
Neither do I. Some of my Sim-kids have had their grades plummet for seemingly no reason because I could not find ONE day's homework.

Loading screens.

Non-seamless neighborhoods with unrealistic roads.

Pop!-->Pop!-->10-second labor.

An epidemic of completely incompetent parenting. Leaving babies on the floor, feeding them when they need diaper changes--arrrgh! Sims in 3 are far more attentive to, yet aren't obsessed with to the point of absurdity, their babies.

Toddlers screaming to be let out the moment they wake up from their naps.

Parents having to put the babies down in order to do anything not related to babies. In 3, I've seen a Sim parent hold the baby while watching his wife play guitar--so cute!

Rigid requirements for job promotions. Completely unrealistic. In real life, do they really go "Oh, you have only 3.999 Logic Skill Points? I'm afraid you need four. Sorry."

Sims making out/doing anything 5 times in a row.

Only being able to lock a maximum of two Wants, even with six slots. I think, though, that a hybrid of the Sims 2 Want panel and the Sims 3 Wish panel would be ideal.

Sims ignoring their own needs to fuel their obsessions (kicky bag! playing catch! Water balloon fight! Following spouse/lover everywhere!). I love how Sims in 3 actually take care of their needs before anything else.

Lifetime Wants being chosen for the Sim based on Aspiration alone. I like that Sims in 3 can roll LTWs, and that we can decide whether it should be kept. Having to download a mod to reroll LTWs in 2 was irritating.

Working out for 2 hours on the treadmill, and suddenly--poof!--fit and muscular. Please. The gradual weight loss and muscle gain in 3 is so much better.
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 11:34 PM
Quote:

Egh, I have a family-oriented sim who doesn't even have the "Surrounded By Family" LTW (She wants to be a symphonic movie composer, or whatever) and I swear, the wench has the "Have a child" want before she even gets home from the hospital. I have her, her husband, 4 girls, and 2 boys, and she's got another one coming. I'm interested to see how this is going to work with a limit of 8 sims per household.....

Anyway, to be on-topic. Um....

The things I miss least about TS2 were almost all expansion-pack related. How the sim would want to "Go on Far East Vacation" when you'd only added a tropical location to your hood. Or how a stray would pass by your house when a sim was a kid and your sim would still be pining for its friendship on his deathbed.
Scholar
#73 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 11:40 PM
The loading screens are what really kill TS2 for me, especially with all my custom content. I would start the game and come back 20 minutes later just to play!

.:Kitty Klan:.
Visit for Sims 3 Hair, Tattoos, and other free custom content downloads.

.For website updates, subscribe to my RSS feed at.
Dreamwidth Blog
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 12:56 AM
Someone calling on the phone in freetime wanting to talk about your hobby then if you didn't answer the phone they'd eventually come to your house and stop you from doing whatever you were doing.
Loading screens.
"Look, it's raining!" 50x over.
In pets when your animals would CONSTANTLY want your attention and your Sim would go play fetch with them. Then trying to cancle them playing fetch and having to wait how ever many seconds for it to finally cancle the action. Then going to do something else just to have your Sim end up playing fetch AGAIN.
Your Sim playing fetch outside when it's snowing then ending up just standing around until they freeze.
Having it snow then not being able to find your kids homework.
Their eyes glitching from time to time.
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 2:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by crocobaura
It's still the same in TS3. Now you need to make friends with certain people you have never met if you want to get some extra charisma points. Like that makes you charismatic IRL. Or sotimes the best cook in town really needs your average home made burgers.

Those are just opportunities. They are a choice, you don't have to do them if you don't want to. I excel fine at all of my jobs without doing them. They are nice when they pop up, though, and pretty rare I've found so it is hardly, HARDLY on the same annoyance level as "you need to make 10 friends to be a super burger king".

For the jobs that do require schmoozing, like Music career, you can do that at work with the click of a button.. no issues there.

That was my biggest annoyance with The Sims 2, besides loading screens. I absolutely hated whoring out to every townie that walked by my house so I could advance in my career xD; especially because it just hurt to look at the poor things.
Page 3 of 12