Replies: 8005 (Who?), Viewed: 905186 times.
Page 41 of 321
Alchemist
#1001 Old 7th Jun 2012 at 6:02 AM
absent-minded sims just make me...



all day. EVERY day.

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Advertisement
Inventor
#1002 Old 7th Jun 2012 at 7:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicidiaParasidia
absent-minded sims just make me...



all day. EVERY day.


My absent-minded Sims don't really do anything absent-minded. What do your's do? Even without that and/or the insane trait, mine are still wackos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leo06girl
I threw a wedding party. The bride's son shows up, but leaves as soon as he arrives; and the bride didn't even show up.


I had two other completely different weddings sort of like this too. One, the bride left as soon as she arrived, and the other all the guests left as soon as they arrived.


My latest Sim had been waking up before her energy meter is full, so she doesn't get the well-rested moodlet. Her meter will be high, but not full. It still goes down normally though.
Alchemist
#1003 Old 7th Jun 2012 at 7:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by leo06girl
My absent-minded Sims don't really do anything absent-minded. What do your's do? Even without that and/or the insane trait, mine are still wackos.


they just constantly drop things for no reason.
apparently, being absent-minded to EA means you have alzheimer disease and cant possibly recover what you were setting out to do. (i am absent-minded in real life; it means that i will walk into the kitchen, forget what i went in there for, go to walk back, but then REMEMBER what i was going into the kitchen for and go from there. forgetting happens frequently, but eventually i do REMEMBER what i was setting out to do.)

this leads to a lot of:
* dropping IMPORTANT queues, like eating or showering or SLEEPING.
* running off to do stupid autonomous things that ultimately just waste time.
* missing work. i have actually had them cancel the work queue after having been at work for a few hours already, whereupon ive had to shove them right back into the rabbit hole to keep their job performance from crashing and burning entirely.

however these are much bigger problems than one might think, when it turns out that the absent-minded sim isnt the only one that needs to be watched, or the household is large and needs to be micro-managed simply to keep sims out of each others' way.

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Test Subject
#1004 Old 7th Jun 2012 at 1:06 PM
My sims like to just stand and do nothing. For example, the car arrives, it's time to work. My sim has the "go work" in queue, the motives are up, s/he is not doing anything and the path is clear... but just stands, taping the foot for about one hour or two (then the car goes, they're late...)

Nothing to do with their traits or something. They are not frozen. They just... like to be late? It's really annoying

Cookies for everybody!
~Anouk
Test Subject
#1005 Old 7th Jun 2012 at 9:52 PM Last edited by zelenka13 : 8th Jun 2012 at 12:15 PM.
My sims mother died of old age during her second born's birthday party, at exactly the same time her daughter aged up. Half the guests were celebrating the party, the guests on the other side of the room were mourning. They still sat down and cried into their birthday cake. Wow.

edit: minutes later, her best friend who was also at the party decides to die as well. Might move house lol.
Scholar
#1006 Old 8th Jun 2012 at 4:48 AM
I had a sim marry into the family with the following traits

Excitable
Hot-headed
Coward
Insane
Evil

I'm just waiting for him to gun down everyone in the salon any day now. All it will take is one mean spirited sim sneaking up behind him and BANG -- the whole town will be dead in an afternoon.
Lab Assistant
#1007 Old 8th Jun 2012 at 5:18 AM
@ Kewpie: That made me LOL so freakin hard.
I always hate how sims leave their babies on the ground outside when arriving at a new house. They always go to look at a 'new object'...sad part is it's usually the toilet or a coffee table. Never anything worth looking at...ugh...

Smile. Your Days Are Not Numbered Yet.
Lab Assistant
#1008 Old 8th Jun 2012 at 2:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NamiStarla
My sims like to just stand and do nothing. For example, the car arrives, it's time to work. My sim has the "go work" in queue, the motives are up, s/he is not doing anything and the path is clear... but just stands, taping the foot for about one hour or two (then the car goes, they're late...)

Nothing to do with their traits or something. They are not frozen. They just... like to be late? It's really annoying


Often it's because computer is trying to change sim's clothes. Pausing game helps. Usually. But I agree that it's annoying.

Once I've got a sim who broke Goth's marriage, married Gunther, during the wedding someone died of old age - best thing that can happen in your wedding day. What's even better, when Mortimer was YA, and I've thrown his wedding party a vampire died of hunger during it. Maybe Goth's are really tomb collecting family.
Inventor
#1009 Old 9th Jun 2012 at 6:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicidiaParasidia
they just constantly drop things for no reason.
apparently, being absent-minded to EA means you have alzheimer disease and cant possibly recover what you were setting out to do. (i am absent-minded in real life; it means that i will walk into the kitchen, forget what i went in there for, go to walk back, but then REMEMBER what i was going into the kitchen for and go from there. forgetting happens frequently, but eventually i do REMEMBER what i was setting out to do.)

this leads to a lot of:
* dropping IMPORTANT queues, like eating or showering or SLEEPING.
* running off to do stupid autonomous things that ultimately just waste time.
* missing work. i have actually had them cancel the work queue after having been at work for a few hours already, whereupon ive had to shove them right back into the rabbit hole to keep their job performance from crashing and burning entirely.

however these are much bigger problems than one might think, when it turns out that the absent-minded sim isnt the only one that needs to be watched, or the household is large and needs to be micro-managed simply to keep sims out of each others' way.


You would be surprised at the number of times my (not absent-minded) Sims have done all the things you listed. I was just playing and I had a Sim do the first two. She has lately been on her way to do something and just dropping her entire queue and just standing there.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1010 Old 9th Jun 2012 at 9:53 PM
oh my god guys this has been up for more than a year, ♥
also my pregnant sim wouldn't give birth at the hospital today, she would only go to the fancy restaurant and had her baby there, right in front of the nicely dressed sims
Lab Assistant
#1011 Old 10th Jun 2012 at 9:44 AM
When my sim dies of starvation whilst standing in front of the fridge.

*epic facepalm*

Accidental Murder
Test Subject
#1012 Old 11th Jun 2012 at 6:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IzzyBess
Once I've got a sim who broke Goth's marriage, married Gunther, during the wedding someone died of old age - best thing that can happen in your wedding day. What's even better, when Mortimer was YA, and I've thrown his wedding party a vampire died of hunger during it. Maybe Goth's are really tomb collecting family.


Poor Morty is jinxed XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViviSims2
When my sim dies of starvation whilst standing in front of the fridge.

*epic facepalm*


XDDDDDD have you pics of that?

Cookies for everybody!
~Anouk
Lab Assistant
#1013 Old 11th Jun 2012 at 8:53 PM
some npc sim in my town bought a lot, okay, good for them! they had a baby. aww congrats!! one problem...it was an empty lot O_O LOL
Screenshots
Test Subject
#1014 Old 12th Jun 2012 at 9:39 PM
so, i made one of my charismatic sims go to the local pool to make some friends, and this is the sight i saw. apparantly everyone had forgotten their bathing suits at home, or forgotten how to whear them. at least 6 sims autonomously skinny-dipping, including, amongst others, judy bunch, yumi sekemoto and agnes crumplebottom (i didnt know they had it in them).
...and sometimes i wish i never installed that anti nudity censor mod...
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#1015 Old 12th Jun 2012 at 11:09 PM
People get stuck during weddings leading me to wonder what the heck they're are doing.
I was having a poolside wedding and one of the ladies attending got stuck during the clapping animation. She was there for hours with a massive grin on her face, clapping like a simpleton, not moving an inch until I resetsim'd her. Another time I had someone get stuck doing the 'throw rice' action. I didn't notice, until I got the bride and groom to mingle with the guests and I kept wondering why there was a random "Woo!" "Yeeeeeh!" "Weehaaay!" in the background. I panned the camera along to find her casually and repeatedly tossing up grains of rice on a flower bed, bless 'er.
One Minute Ninja'd
#1016 Old 13th Jun 2012 at 1:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbottom
so, i made one of my charismatic sims go to the local pool to make some friends, and this is the sight i saw. apparantly everyone had forgotten their bathing suits at home, or forgotten how to whear them. at least 6 sims autonomously skinny-dipping, including, amongst others, judy bunch, yumi sekemoto and agnes crumplebottom (i didnt know they had it in them).
...and sometimes i wish i never installed that anti nudity censor mod...


And they're all snapping memories of this event for posterity
Test Subject
#1017 Old 13th Jun 2012 at 6:25 PM
That'd easily be when I'm a few seconds too late with ordering the children or teens to teleport home, and the police stands waiting while they ride their bike or run or even walk across the whole entire neighborhood to be driven home and getting yelled at by the adult sims, or like now when they're tied so close to the adults it's insane, "following blahblah" every time they step one foot from them and I'm not able to delete that action. Soooo annoying. And I can never feel at peace with the adults having to yell, since neither they or I want to think it's a bad thing to be outside collecting a gem or fishing or whatever. That's the thing, that's supposed to be working, making me most angry with the game, currently.

Wish we could adjust the curfew ourselves, and at least cancel yelling at innocents.
Test Subject
#1018 Old 13th Jun 2012 at 7:11 PM
mines would be the threesome between my sim, her husband, and the dog in the elevator.
Site Helper
#1019 Old 13th Jun 2012 at 9:34 PM
My thief got out of work and went home. He started working on his book. An hour later he cancelled his queue and ran all the way across town to the police station so that he could go to jail. I would have called it a commentary on being forced to write a silly book if he hadn't wanted to work on it in the first place.

(And how desperate would the other inmates have to be in order to be jealous of someone having a tomato?)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Top Secret Researcher
#1020 Old 13th Jun 2012 at 11:28 PM
I have a sim who has taken up the habit of buying laptops all by himself. I don't go into buy mode to buy it for him, he autonomously buys it in live mode.

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Top Secret Researcher
#1021 Old 14th Jun 2012 at 12:13 AM Last edited by MinghamSmith : 14th Jun 2012 at 12:28 AM.
So you're a recently-freed genie. You've spent the last several centuries in a lamp, have no academic qualifications in any modern sense of the word and are deemed sufficiently inhuman by the paparazzi that a relationship with anybody rich and famous would lead to an automatic scandal. How do you earn enough money to make ends meet?



By busking to an audience composed of men in speedos, elves, old people and a horrified Mortimer Goth in his best evening wear, apparently.

In other news, the driving licenses of sims seemingly don't expire after death.



And oh dear, I think we have a brony on our hands. I had no idea SimNation had started broadcasting My Little Pony, but there you go.

Top Secret Researcher
#1022 Old 14th Jun 2012 at 5:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zigersimmer
I have a sim who has taken up the habit of buying laptops all by himself. I don't go into buy mode to buy it for him, he autonomously buys it in live mode.
Now that is cool. What model does he favour?
Field Researcher
#1023 Old 14th Jun 2012 at 1:18 PM
Have anyone seen how YA and A sit on the swing? especially when you have two sims chatting with each other on it. When I first saw it I was shocked and started laughing like crazy. Try it. Ha ha
Top Secret Researcher
#1024 Old 14th Jun 2012 at 4:45 PM
A few more from my strange, strange little town:

Recently, I installed Cherry92's Toddler Social mod and tested it out using a couple of the little red imp-like half-demon babies I have crawling around my neighbourhood. (Long story)

They proceeded to discuss nothing but literature, theatre and art until one of them crapped himself.



Evidently toddlers sometimes have much more sophisticated conversations than most people give them credit for.

A couple of weeks beforehand, I ran across this sunbathing robot by the pool.



And here's the local vampire count showing up to a nightclub in nothing but his trousers and getting down. It should be noted that none of the outfits I actually assigned him looked anything like this.

Top Secret Researcher
#1025 Old 14th Jun 2012 at 9:27 PM Last edited by zigersimmer : 14th Jun 2012 at 9:39 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by r_deNoube
Now that is cool. What model does he favour?


The one that costs $4000 and the one that costs $5000. He obviously wants the high-end to play video games.

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Page 41 of 321
Back to top