Replies: 8005 (Who?), Viewed: 905048 times.
Page 43 of 321
Test Subject
#1051 Old 21st Jun 2012 at 6:37 AM
1. When Sims are really slow changing into an outfit for the first time
2. When the animals start running everywhere, and you have like 6 of them, and you want them to stay in one place but they don't, no-THEY JUST DON'T!!!!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#1052 Old 21st Jun 2012 at 6:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckjob
Recently, if I leave my sim's mom alone for 5 minutes, she'll do nothing but 'check out' her son's diploma. Every half an hour I have to close a thousand of those info popups.


That's so dumb when that happens!! How many times must you tell them no!?
One Minute Ninja'd
#1053 Old 21st Jun 2012 at 10:53 AM
Why is it that whenever I tell the kids (usually 2, no more than 3 in the household) to do their homework they all go for the same chair, causing one or more of them to drop the task from their queue. I mean, they have desks in their bedrooms, a 6 chair outside dining table, and an 8 chair indoor dining room table to choose from. So, with 14 or more seats available, why do they all need to do their damn homework from the same spot?
Test Subject
#1054 Old 21st Jun 2012 at 11:03 AM
My five star celebrity selfsim has probably been the biggest cause of my shouting and hair pulling. She's happily married to Beau Merrick (after his girlfriends had some, uh, unfortunate "accidents") and they're OBSESSED with eachother, but I can't leave her alone for a second on a community lot or at a party because she'll make a beeline to any man there to try to romance him which I always cancel. She even almost tried to hug Richie Striker amorously at a party. She didn't even know him! What a great way to ruin your reputation. I guess that's a flirty sim for you.
Top Secret Researcher
#1055 Old 21st Jun 2012 at 6:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XTremeGnomeS
...When the animals start running everywhere, and you have like 6 of them, and you want them to stay in one place but they don't, no-THEY JUST DON'T!!!!
I wonder if they're all cloned off of cats.
Instructor
#1056 Old 22nd Jun 2012 at 1:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskie227
Why is it that whenever I tell the kids (usually 2, no more than 3 in the household) to do their homework they all go for the same chair, causing one or more of them to drop the task from their queue. I mean, they have desks in their bedrooms, a 6 chair outside dining table, and an 8 chair indoor dining room table to choose from. So, with 14 or more seats available, why do they all need to do their damn homework from the same spot?

I hate that! and I have a solution. instruct them to sit down first 90% of the time this works . the other 10% of the time they will stand up and move. but usually they stay put. I had to figure that out because my sims cram their homes full of kids.
Test Subject
#1057 Old 22nd Jun 2012 at 4:01 AM
The toddler's hunger and hygine needs are low, its mother puts the toddler into the high chair and feeds it a bottle. The toddler drinks the bottle and its hunger bar is full.
The toddler then starts screaming about its hygiene need, so the mother picks the toddler up, and tickles it....
The toddler keeps crying;
The mother then puts the toddler back in the high chair and goes to make processed food...
She brings it to the toddler, who then throws it upside down and keep crying.
Then the mother picks up the toddler and throws it in the air, then puts it down again and goes to read a book!

WTF?
Lab Assistant
#1058 Old 22nd Jun 2012 at 6:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmexySims2
My sims was tinkering with the computer yesterday and a fire started. He just kept sitting in the office chair. He died that day. Thank goodness he was an evil and ugly sim, otherwise I might've been sad...'

I'll also organize a party to start at six. People get ti my house and I invite them inside. Instead, they stay outside the whole night, even when they need to eat or pee. I swear I did "Invite Everyone in." It was a funding party to get money so a lot of rich people were there. And 3 of them died. I did a face palm and then had my sim switch careers. Funding parties are a pain in the ass.


What I've found is that the way to get them inside is to have a sim that's inside (and far enough away to have the interaction) "call over" the guests that are standing outside.

Friends don't let friends use EA Story.

Use either Awesome or Twallan's.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#1059 Old 22nd Jun 2012 at 8:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KGirl
What I've found is that the way to get them inside is to have a sim that's inside (and far enough away to have the interaction) "call over" the guests that are standing outside.
Yeah, I always have to do this while on vacation, because inactives enter tombs but are unable to leave them. The one in Egypt with the trapped basement is the worst because the developers saw it fit to give the neat trait to the lady living in that house and to make the tomb such that most traps are disabled with water and the ground is covered with burn stains. So, as soon as my Sims have disabled the first suite of traps she comes down in order to mop up the puddles and the - unmoppable - burn stains and usually triggers one of the other traps in the course. My Sims goes upstairs into the house calls her singed butt over, she comes up, cleans the dishes, admires some of her plants or sings in front of the toilet and then goes downstairs again in order to continue mopping. This tomb, although it is small, almost takes me as long as the Great Pyramid to finish just because of that horrible, horrible neat lady.
Scholar
#1060 Old 22nd Jun 2012 at 12:48 PM
I transform pudding into more realistic looking sims all the time. What I usually do is take a sim from this site and change the gender so it looks more random and I don't have my mailmen and cashiers looking like celebrities with better clothing than my own sims. So I transformed miss Kitty Sloan, the paparazzi last night. I picked a random male without looking and sent her back into the game -- except this time I forgot to change her gender back to female.


Now Kitty Sloan is Chuck Norris the Paparazzi. His name is still Kitty Sloan, but that just adds a layer of creepiness to him. Even though I have a mod that keeps paparazzi out of the house, Chuck Norris breaks in whenever he wants to snap pictures. He won't let some mod stop him from getting what he wants. Just don't call him Kitty to his face...
Inventor
#1061 Old 23rd Jun 2012 at 4:49 AM
Today my Sim was holding her baby (standing in front of his crib), and she went into labor. Instead of putting the baby back into his crib, she goes and puts him down on the kitchen floor, then gives birth.


She also sculpted a living chair (forgot the exact name, but I think it was something lounger) out of stone. Can you imagine how uncomfortable a stone recliner would be?
Lab Assistant
#1062 Old 26th Jun 2012 at 12:39 PM
One of my sims killed a girl (I've got a mod for that), and after that he did "TaDa!" thing in front of grim reaper. He is ofc natural born performer, but anyway it was amazingly weird.

Lab Assistant
#1063 Old 27th Jun 2012 at 10:29 AM
When one of my sims went through her midlife crisis, every five seconds she had to stare at her wrinkles in a mirror. And my house had like a thousand mirrors.
Inventor
#1064 Old 28th Jun 2012 at 3:03 AM
My Sim and her father tried to stand in the exact same spot. Here's what happened.


When another Sim had morning sickness, instead of using the toilet of the bathroom she was already in, she runs out the front door, comes in the back door, goes to the exact same bathroom she was in, THEN throws up.
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#1065 Old 30th Jun 2012 at 4:02 PM

NOT this way. You have to do it the other way around. THE OTHER ... oh damn.
Lab Assistant
#1066 Old 30th Jun 2012 at 8:32 PM
When my toddlers are hungry I get one parent to put them in the high chair and go off to serve them food from meals already made, but then the OTHER parent suddenly comes and takes the toddler out of the high chair for no logical reason; the parent I told to go make food comes back with the now grown-up food turned to baby-food mush to find that the toddler has been taken out of the high chair and goes 'hm, ok, guess I don't need to serve this anymore' and puts it on a different surface! The action gets canceled, I have to yell at the parent who took the kid out from the chair in the first place and have the kid put back in and have someone make baby food AGAIN 'cause the food that's already made can't be served or moved onto the high chair for the baby to eat. A waste of time and food and this happens so many times its annoying! -_- especially with parents who have the 'family oriented' trait sheesh.
One Minute Ninja'd
#1067 Old 30th Jun 2012 at 11:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystal_light7
When my toddlers are hungry I get one parent to put them in the high chair and go off to serve them food from meals already made, but then the OTHER parent suddenly comes and takes the toddler out of the high chair for no logical reason; the parent I told to go make food comes back with the now grown-up food turned to baby-food mush to find that the toddler has been taken out of the high chair and goes 'hm, ok, guess I don't need to serve this anymore' and puts it on a different surface! The action gets canceled, I have to yell at the parent who took the kid out from the chair in the first place and have the kid put back in and have someone make baby food AGAIN 'cause the food that's already made can't be served or moved onto the high chair for the baby to eat. A waste of time and food and this happens so many times its annoying! -_- especially with parents who have the 'family oriented' trait sheesh.


Three words.............feed on floor.

They seem just as happy as with baby food, and their growth rates appear unaffected.
Instructor
#1068 Old 1st Jul 2012 at 1:23 AM
The automatic "scold" interaction adults do to children in their household for "bad behavior". I REALLY wish I had control over that interaction. Some parents just don't give a rat's butt if their kids aren't going to school. Some parents have WAY too many children and they get stuck in the door on their way to school - the parents just made them LATER by scolding them. BAH.

"Books don't take time away from us ... They give it back. In this age of abstraction, of multitasking, of speed for speed's sake, they reintroduce us to the elegance - and the relief! - of real tick-tock time." - Home Safe, Elizabeth Berg
Inventor
#1069 Old 1st Jul 2012 at 7:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystal_light7
When my toddlers are hungry I get one parent to put them in the high chair and go off to serve them food from meals already made, but then the OTHER parent suddenly comes and takes the toddler out of the high chair for no logical reason; the parent I told to go make food comes back with the now grown-up food turned to baby-food mush to find that the toddler has been taken out of the high chair and goes 'hm, ok, guess I don't need to serve this anymore' and puts it on a different surface! The action gets canceled, I have to yell at the parent who took the kid out from the chair in the first place and have the kid put back in and have someone make baby food AGAIN 'cause the food that's already made can't be served or moved onto the high chair for the baby to eat. A waste of time and food and this happens so many times its annoying! -_- especially with parents who have the 'family oriented' trait sheesh.


Click for the parent who isn't feeding the toddler to "grab a plate/bowl". Then they will go eat and not feed the toddler in the high chair. I have to do this a lot.




Both Sims in the household (two young adults) will NOT sit on their nice comfortable couch to watch television. Instead, they go sit at the dining table that's behind the couch.
Field Researcher
#1070 Old 1st Jul 2012 at 8:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranissa
The automatic "scold" interaction adults do to children in their household for "bad behavior". I REALLY wish I had control over that interaction. Some parents just don't give a rat's butt if their kids aren't going to school. Some parents have WAY too many children and they get stuck in the door on their way to school - the parents just made them LATER by scolding them. BAH.


This is why I have mornings and evenings turned into a military operation to ensure that there is no sim idle so that that nobody interupts the sim I have decided will look after the toddler/ baby
Top Secret Researcher
#1071 Old 1st Jul 2012 at 4:38 PM
Just recently my Sims' neighbor's house caught on fire (possible arson), and the whole family runs over to kermitflail about the fire (because I have the Home Opener by Twallan) and after the fire is put out, my couple decides it would be appropriate to woohoo in their neighbor's bed! The neighbor wasn't home at the time, so she wasn't there to kick them out. Sims these days...


Instructor
#1072 Old 1st Jul 2012 at 5:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskie227
Three words.............feed on floor.

They seem just as happy as with baby food, and their growth rates appear unaffected.


That's why I never buy high chairs anymore. :P


"I'm gonna fork you."
Inventor
DELETED POST
3rd Jul 2012 at 11:16 PM
This message has been deleted by leo06girl.
Inventor
#1073 Old 3rd Jul 2012 at 11:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StardustX
That's why I never buy high chairs anymore. :P


"I'm gonna fork you."


Maybe she wants to have an old friend for dinner. All she needs is some fava beans and a nice chianti.



I had a Sims who was cleaning the house and had to do laundry. So she picks up the dirty clothes, then puts them back down, then picks them up, the puts them back down several times (while standing right beside the washer). This goes on for like two or three Sims hours. She then picks the clothes up again, walks through to the other side of the house and puts them in the bedroom floor. FINALLY, when she picks them up again, she puts them in to wash and goes about cleaning the rest of the house.
Test Subject
#1074 Old 4th Jul 2012 at 2:05 AM
My brother was so excited when I showed him how to get a Simbot... Only issue was that his Simbot was an alcoholic. Anytime they would try to go somewhere together, he would walk off to have a drink. It was unusual... Almost tragic.
Lab Assistant
#1075 Old 4th Jul 2012 at 3:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by leo06girl
Maybe she wants to have an old friend for dinner. All she needs is some fava beans and a nice chianti.


That would be a sim to run from. Just make sure you're not caught alone with her. You wouldn't want to end up in the same position as a certain detective that lost some of his mind.

As for my sims frustrating me, somehow they like to cancel out what I tell them to do. I tell my sim to take care of the horse and the next thing I know she's tending the garden instead. It's also annoying when the horse wants to nuzzle her and cancels the daily routine I have her do to take care of that very horse.
Page 43 of 321
Back to top