Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
#1076 Old 4th Jul 2012 at 6:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by krisn18
My brother was so excited when I showed him how to get a Simbot... Only issue was that his Simbot was an alcoholic. Anytime they would try to go somewhere together, he would walk off to have a drink. It was unusual... Almost tragic.

That sounds like something that would happen to me!

What I posted earlier about my Sim doing laundry happens ALL the time to every single Sim I have ever had who has had a washer and dryer.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#1077 Old 7th Jul 2012 at 12:09 AM
When my Sim with the 'environmentally friendly' trait rode his horse to a community lot, stayed for about 2 seconds, then promptly got in a taxi and drove back home, abandoning his horse there. He then gained a 'wasteful to the environment' moodlet for being in a car on his own. WHY DID YOU NOT RIDE BACK ON THE HORSE YOU CAME WITH THEN YOU JELLYBEAN?!

So I had to send the horse back all on his lonesome, it was rather sad actually.
Test Subject
#1078 Old 7th Jul 2012 at 4:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pixelen
When my Sim with the 'environmentally friendly' trait rode his horse to a community lot, stayed for about 2 seconds, then promptly got in a taxi and drove back home, abandoning his horse there. He then gained a 'wasteful to the environment' moodlet for being in a car on his own. WHY DID YOU NOT RIDE BACK ON THE HORSE YOU CAME WITH THEN YOU JELLYBEAN?!

So I had to send the horse back all on his lonesome, it was rather sad actually.

This happens when I have a family day out. Everyone takes separate cars home!
Instructor
#1079 Old 7th Jul 2012 at 6:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tigger19
This happens when I have a family day out. Everyone takes separate cars home!

I think this is a universal issue. If your sims go in one car they don't typically come home together I don't know why. BUt as for the horse you just have to instruct them to get on the horse and ride home simply sending them back or letting them chose themselves will end with the same results.
Lab Assistant
#1080 Old 7th Jul 2012 at 7:44 PM
I remember when I made my sim took his dog to the dog park, both of them rode in his car. They still rode together when they went home but then I accidentally canceled the ride halfway to the house and I couldn't get his dog to ride with him anymore. Poor dog had to run all the way home, he was so tired that he immediately collapse afterwards while my sim was comfortably lounging around his living room
Inventor
#1081 Old 8th Jul 2012 at 5:38 AM
Today my Sim invited over the next ranked chess opponent. His entire household came with him (four others). Then one of the women starts randomly playing her guitar in the front yard while the other guests watched.

The next time she had the next ranked chess opponent over, he stayed for supper. While she was cooking he went into the nursery and picked up a baby from her crib and layed her in the floor. She started crying and the adults just left her. Then he picked up her twin and put her back in the crib.
Instructor
#1082 Old 10th Jul 2012 at 11:31 PM
Horses run through my lot all the time going to/from places. Not wild horses, mind you, other families' horses. Last I checked, routing was supposed to take your sims around residential lots, not right through the middle. I wouldn't mind so much but every time one runs through all five of my horses get excited and roll wishes to sniff whoever.

...And then I get jealous because some of the townies' foals have the coolest looking coats.

"There's nothing to writing.
All you do is sit at a typewriter and open a vein."
-Walter "Red" Smith
Inventor
#1083 Old 13th Jul 2012 at 4:46 AM
Instead of taking the bus to school, my Sims drove her Father's police cruiser. Her siblings, however, took the bus like always.
Lab Assistant
#1084 Old 13th Jul 2012 at 12:45 PM
Pedo Alert!
Lab Assistant
#1085 Old 13th Jul 2012 at 2:53 PM

That's disturbing
Test Subject
#1086 Old 13th Jul 2012 at 4:46 PM
I "told" my sim to run around the block and ended up taking a car ride.
Scholar
#1087 Old 14th Jul 2012 at 3:10 AM
The tourists crack me up. I don't know what they do in your towns, but in my town, the end up standing around in empty lots reading books. Wow.. travelled across the world for all that..
Field Researcher
#1088 Old 14th Jul 2012 at 3:59 AM Last edited by shadedgrey63 : 14th Jul 2012 at 9:07 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by swirlisawesome
I "told" my sim to run around the block and ended up taking a car ride.

You need to actually click on the ground by the lot and select 'Jog Here'.
Top Secret Researcher
#1089 Old 14th Jul 2012 at 11:31 AM
Recently, my cartoonishly evil joke family, the Scumthorpes, converted their entire backyard and most of the land surrounding their disastrous mess of a house into an elaborate mining operation based around diamonds and Tiberium in an attempt to make more money. Even though they were already wealthier than the Altos and the Goths by miles.

In response, logic and sanity threw up their hands and took a holiday.

As you'd expect, about half the neighbourhood dropped in to complain about the noise over the next few hours, with aliens, elves, a singing telegram girl and some very confused-looking EA premades making an appearance.

But does family patriarch Larry Scumthorpe give a damn?

No. No he doesn't.

oh god why is he doing this in his underpants

Even more disturbingly, mining toxic alien space rocks for hours also caused him to roll a want for 10 children and frequently get himself in the mood for babymaking.

Guys, I think he might have a fetish for mechanised industry.
Field Researcher
#1090 Old 14th Jul 2012 at 1:23 PM
here are some things my sims ALWAYS do when i play:
-they need to go to the toilet but first theyre always like: "cant hold it anymore! oh, a bar! lets have some drinks"
-go to the bathroom, get distracted and soon the small bathroom becomes a living room. i got 8 sims in one household, its chaotic and they always seem to go to the bathroom when they call a other sim
-abuse my pets. seriously i cant have any pets in my 8 sim household or the animals die. one time my sims always wanted to play with a dog and they lined up. a other time my sims always wanted to ride on a horse in my household. it always went like this: sim 1 trys to get on the horse, doesnt work. sim 2 gets on the horse but dismounts it immediatly. sim 3 gets thrown off the horse. sim 4 mounts it and rides to the beach... only to make drinks at the bar there. then sim 4 takes a cab home but leaves the horse. the other sims do the same like the 4 others.
-like to waste food. whenever they try to cook something, they go away from the stove and soon after it burns
-love it to break tvs,computers etc. when i leave with my sim the house the other 7 sims like it to destroy everything, and when i return the house is flooded, the toilet´s clogged and tvs and computers are broken.
-like to die. i stopped counting the amount of deaths in my household. either they die of starvation, thirst when theyre a vampire or run into fire, atleast every game week one of my sims dies... and i have to resurrect them

so those are the normal things that happen in my game
Mad Poster
#1091 Old 15th Jul 2012 at 8:47 AM
Lab Assistant
#1092 Old 15th Jul 2012 at 11:34 PM

Whilst pillow fighting, my sim made this face.
Top Secret Researcher
#1093 Old 17th Jul 2012 at 2:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SqueegeeThatsMe

Whilst pillow fighting, my sim made this face.

Ah, yes, those hilarious moments when you pause the game at just the right moment to capture something truly absurd. Often something which probably isn't even meant to be in the game, but you can't resist running with it anyway.

Here's a recent example from my town:

Newborn baby facepalm!
Inventor
#1094 Old 17th Jul 2012 at 8:27 AM
Today when my Sim got out of the shower, I told her to work on her book next. Instead of putting on clothes, she skips that step, then goes to work on her book naked.

Once again, my Sims will NOT use the kitchen sink to wash dishes, only the bathroom sink.
Test Subject
#1095 Old 17th Jul 2012 at 8:38 AM
Oh gosh what ALWAYS happens to me is I'll have my sim wake up before work and have them take a shower and OF COURSE they just stand there until the carpool comes and im like "oh no!" and cancel it and OF COURSE she just HAS to take this shower and OF COURSE this shower is the longest shower in sim history and she ends up missing most of work. Facepalm.
Test Subject
#1096 Old 17th Jul 2012 at 2:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihearttea
Oh gosh what ALWAYS happens to me is I'll have my sim wake up before work and have them take a shower and OF COURSE they just stand there until the carpool comes and im like "oh no!" and cancel it and OF COURSE she just HAS to take this shower and OF COURSE this shower is the longest shower in sim history and she ends up missing most of work. Facepalm.

Just like MANY other sims who have this problem, I would suggest pausing the game for Ten Seconds, to let the clothes/skins load.
Alchemist
#1097 Old 18th Jul 2012 at 8:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LimpyDuckSims
Just like MANY other sims who have this problem, I would suggest pausing the game for Ten Seconds, to let the clothes/skins load.

also, if that doesnt work/isnt quick enough for you...and you have Twallan's Master Controller, you can force them to instantly zap into their work clothes, since sometimes the game does load them but just dawdles on actually making them do the stupid spinny animation.
this is also what i use to correct the occasional outfit derp that happens when a sim gets out of the shower and i dont want to waste time sending them to the nearest dresser for them to stare and drool at for another painstaking 45 sim-minutes.

Quote: Originally posted by krisn18
My brother was so excited when I showed him how to get a Simbot... Only issue was that his Simbot was an alcoholic. Anytime they would try to go somewhere together, he would walk off to have a drink. It was unusual... Almost tragic.

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Lab Assistant
#1098 Old 18th Jul 2012 at 9:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MinghamSmith
Ah, yes, those hilarious moments when you pause the game at just the right moment to capture something truly absurd. Often something which probably isn't even meant to be in the game, but you can't resist running with it anyway.

+18 Where do gnome babies come from. Look up.

Test Subject
#1099 Old 18th Jul 2012 at 4:22 PM
Default Grim reaper
The reaper came to my house, killed two of my sims, then started doing the dishes... wtf.

Also, my sim started having her baby and her husband decided it was more important to start making dinner than to take her to the hospital.
Lab Assistant
#1100 Old 18th Jul 2012 at 8:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ehouser
Also, my sim started having her baby and her husband decided it was more important to start making dinner than to take her to the hospital.

Well, you have to admit, if he had died of starvation, he couldn't take her to the hospital....

Friends don't let friends use EA Story.

Use either Awesome or Twallan's.
Page 44 of 321