Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#1101 Old 18th Jul 2012 at 10:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ehouser
The reaper came to my house, killed two of my sims, then started doing the dishes... wtf.

Every time I host a birthday party (I'm 25 for 25 on this), one of the invitees dies. ...And the Grim Reaper loves getting in the hot tub after the job's done.

I think I'm going to invite him skinny-dipping next time.
Advertisement
Instructor
#1102 Old 18th Jul 2012 at 10:42 PM
Why does my Sim's dog always have to stop doing an action, such as eating or going out to guard the house to react to the TV? What's so freakin' annoying about the TV?!

My male Sims are...Simulicious!
One Minute Ninja'd
#1103 Old 18th Jul 2012 at 11:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Attercap
Every time I host a birthday party (I'm 25 for 25 on this), one of the invitees dies. ...And the Grim Reaper loves getting in the hot tub after the job's done.

Nothing personal, but can you keep me off your invite list?
Lab Assistant
#1104 Old 19th Jul 2012 at 8:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Attercap

Same here, only at weddings. Oh joyful days.
Test Subject
#1105 Old 19th Jul 2012 at 10:03 AM Last edited by megstows : 19th Jul 2012 at 6:49 PM.
One time, my teen sim wanted to see a movie with her boyfriend. She invited him, took a taxi, and was there in a few siminutes. She arrived first, and I waited a few seconds for him to perform the "be chatted to" interaction... a few seconds turned into a sim hour, into two hours..?
At the time, I had a mod that showed map tags of every resident. So I go to map view to find him.

He's walking.
Across town.
Across Oakwood (a HUGE custom world... like really, travel times in slow CARS are ridiculous).
So she can wait even longer for him to show up, or just go home and he'll be extremely angry he wasted his time walking & didn't GET A CAB (whenever I want them to use their own cars, they just call a taxi, yet whenever they should probably just call a taxi, they walk. Amazing).

Six hours later, he's there and the theater is closed.
We can watch the stars though, if you like?
Field Researcher
#1106 Old 19th Jul 2012 at 1:25 PM
When my Sim had been at the gym all day and was fatigued, when I said 'go home' I expected her to use a taxi, but no, she runs all the way home then complains she is too tired to clean the toilet

My Simblr: Here
Forum Resident
#1107 Old 19th Jul 2012 at 4:52 PM
My Sim, Shayla, has a sleeping bag in her inventory and decided to plop it down in the entry of the kitchen last night to go to sleep. Just before this, her roommate, Alisa, had entered the kitchen to get some ice cream. When she was finished eating, she went to leave the kitchen but couldn't because Shayla was in the way. So she threw fits and complained for hours upon hours, eventually peeing herself and then missing her carpool, until Shayla finally woke up at about noon. Alisa was extremely ticked off at this point and gave Shayla the look of death as she exited the kitchen. Later, while Shayla was about town, I received a notification that Alisa had been demoted to trauma surgeon. LOL, whoops! Sorry, Alisa!
Top Secret Researcher
#1108 Old 21st Jul 2012 at 7:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by chreai
Alisa...went to leave the kitchen but couldn't because Shayla was in the way. So she threw fits and complained for hours upon hours... I received a notification that Alisa had been demoted to trauma surgeon.

If I pause to consider what it would be like to be have someone taking a scalpel to me who can't find her own way around a sleeping bag... well, Sims are blessed to have so few trauma cases.
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#1109 Old 21st Jul 2012 at 9:01 AM
Well, there is no form of Pudding-Trauma that cannot be fixed by taking a shower. Electrocution? Shower. Burned? Shower. Explosion? Shower. Bear-mauling? Shower.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Test Subject
#1110 Old 23rd Jul 2012 at 8:17 AM
So, I was following one of my sims around town when I get that pop-up that a fire has started on my sims' lot. (Seriously, I leave them alone for two seconds...) I head back to the house, and start checking all the usual suspects. Fireplace? Nope. Stove? Nope. Firepit? Nope...

Don't you just hate it when your bookcases spontaneously combust?

And poor kitty is terrified of the... llamas?

Meanwhile, the kitten keeps teleporting herself to the exact same spot, over and over.

I should mention that during all this chaos, my supposedly "brave" sim father is freaking out, doing the OMGFIRE dance all over the kitchen, leaving the momma sim to actually put out the flames. And they say chivalry's dead...

First thing momma sim does after putting out the flames? Pours herself a drink. Now THAT I can understand.

Not two minutes later, another fire erupts, from the fireplace. (Finally, logic shows up to the party.) This time, I got my sims to extinguish the fire almost right away. Commendable, right? Not according to the fireman, who eventually turns up, then fines my sims $500 for falsely calling emergency services.

Bad day for my poor simmies, especially since it ended with the grandma dropping dead on the front lawn! And then my sim named a drink after the Grim Reaper. (Okay, I kinda made her do that... I couldn't resist such a ridiculous opportunity)
Lab Assistant
#1111 Old 23rd Jul 2012 at 8:24 AM
People always dying on weddings and parties... I see that's not only my problem :D
Top Secret Researcher
#1112 Old 23rd Jul 2012 at 9:43 PM Last edited by MinghamSmith : 24th Jul 2012 at 1:03 PM.
Earlier, one of my sims was teaching his baby half-sister to talk. Aww, good for him, stepping in to act as a parental figure in the absence of their evil, useless excuse for a father!

So what new words and ideas did he introduce her to that afternoon? What were his main priorities when trying to help a young mind to develop?

Well, among other things:

Chicken!

Nachos!

fuck the police

DEATH

The guy took a break after his attempt to explain human mortality to the under-fives in order to feed his hungry little half-sister a bottle, but for some reason they immediately began talking about death again afterwards. He then apparently introduced her to the concept of money.

I'm not seeing any coherent logic in his teaching style at all.

Unless-

...Wait, did he just offer to pay a toddler to assassinate somebody?
Field Researcher
#1113 Old 23rd Jul 2012 at 11:35 PM
I never bothered with inviting people over for chess matches until the past day or so. Why is it that your opponent never leaves until you ask them to? They will stay at my house for days, take naps, eat my food and hang out unless I tell them to go. Party guests don't even stay that long! I'm like, "Ok, I beat you. Put away your drums, get off of my lawn, and go home!!"
Forum Resident
#1114 Old 24th Jul 2012 at 12:21 AM
I have Sherlock Holmes in my game and he's constantly standing outside buildings holding two bushes up in front of him and raking about in other folks rubbish. {I'm not playing him I just made him in cas and moved him in to a house.} He also gate crashes parties and starts fights. I saw him once fighting with the grim reaper at a party and he won and the grim reaper disappeared leaving an urn. I guess this was a game glitch. Sherlock is now married to a Sim named Ursa Minority {?}.
Instructor
#1115 Old 24th Jul 2012 at 3:49 AM
The routing issues that came with Pets... *facepalm*

THAT IS NOT A HORSE, MARTINA! B|
Top Secret Researcher
#1116 Old 25th Jul 2012 at 8:05 PM
Having grown bored with her bland diet of formula milk and processed baby food, little Carrie searches for something tastier.

And stronger.

should i be concerned about this
Forum Resident
#1117 Old 26th Jul 2012 at 8:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MinghamSmith
...Wait, did he just offer to pay a toddler to assassinate somebody?

"Okay, lil sis. I will give you chicken and nachos--trust me, it's a nice change from that nasty pureed crap that Mom feeds you--if you will...*ahem*...introduce this cop to the Grim Reaper, if you get my drift."
Top Secret Researcher
#1118 Old 26th Jul 2012 at 11:24 PM Last edited by MinghamSmith : 27th Jul 2012 at 1:43 AM.

godammit Lester you're the creepiest baby ever

yes you are

Well, at least you're sticking to devouring the souls of imaginary beings rather than those of actual people. At least, I think that's what you're trying to do here. Frankly, I don't really want to know.

HATERS GONNA HATE
Test Subject
#1119 Old 26th Jul 2012 at 11:50 PM
My Sim got married and had his brother move in with his wife as well. Only to find out his wife and brother had been romantically interested in each other since high school, and that's how she got her first daughter-from him. I really gotta check the family tree more often -_-
Another time my Sim decided to jog to work and not only came super late, but was then demoted and later fired from his level 8 position in Politics.
Field Researcher
#1120 Old 27th Jul 2012 at 4:15 PM
When I tell my sim to eat breakfast then go to work, and he get's his plate, puts it on the table and then decides to sign an autograph for the maid, then skip breakfast and go to work hungry -.-
Scholar
#1121 Old 27th Jul 2012 at 4:24 PM
I kept getting messages that these two married sims were late for work and slacking off. I clicked down and saw this. One would go to work and then the other would - leaving the toddler alone. So the one at work would come home and the other one would head off for work. But then the one that came home would head off to work as well, leaving the toddler alone, which would send the working sim home.

Instead of one staying at home and one staying at work, they just went round and round and round. I'm sure they will both get fired before the toddler ages up.
Field Researcher
#1122 Old 27th Jul 2012 at 9:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kewpie
I kept getting messages that these two married sims were late for work and slacking off. I clicked down and saw this. One would go to work and then the other would - leaving the toddler alone. So the one at work would come home and the other one would head off for work. But then the one that came home would head off to work as well, leaving the toddler alone, which would send the working sim home.

Instead of one staying at home and one staying at work, they just went round and round and round. I'm sure they will both get fired before the toddler ages up.

You don't get a pop up to hire a babysitter? If not, you could just call for services (Babysitter).
Scholar
#1123 Old 27th Jul 2012 at 10:09 PM
They are inactives
Forum Resident
#1124 Old 27th Jul 2012 at 10:46 PM
Update on Sherlock Holmes in my game. Sherlock and Ursa Minority evidently now have a son called Aktion Minority-Holmes. Out of interest I made a John Watson Sim and moved him into my neighborhood. {I'm not playing him either}. When the Sim I am playing was in the park I spotted John and Sherlock in a bush together. I think they were both fishing but you can never be sure with Sims.

It's all my fault for making a park and putting a lake in it surrounded by very lovely bushes. When the Sims fish they ignore the side of the lake which is bare and go to the other side and stand in the bushes. They all do it. Sometimes there's around 5 or 6 of them there.
Lab Assistant
#1125 Old 28th Jul 2012 at 2:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kampffenhoff
When the Sim I am playing was in the park I spotted John and Sherlock in a bush together. I think they were both fishing but you can never be sure with Sims.

Fishing? Good excuse. They just want some alone time. They are very close after all
Page 45 of 321