Replies: 8005 (Who?), Viewed: 905173 times.
Page 68 of 321
Lab Assistant
#1676 Old 7th Dec 2012 at 6:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemly_teddie
it is. watch it. ive learned more from qi than i did from school :/

mingham, love that baby football photo haha

& its really freaky, i am also a brit, born in 1990, i rejected pink as a child and prefered to play with 'boys' toys rather than 'girls'.... 0_o
mind=blown.

Haha! Yes I think I've had more facts from QI actually stick than all that time in the classroom ever did for me. Maybe they need to turn it into a teaching aid.

Also, I'm a brit born '86, absolutely HATED pink and girls toys. Played with my older brother's Lego and Action Men... Only time I ever remember playing with a Barbie (which where my little sister's) was with my bro, catapulting them off the washing line in the back garden and onto the roof. Also there may have been a 'scalping accident Barbie' and a 'BBQ Barbie' which I think my sister still resents me for.
Advertisement
Scholar
#1677 Old 7th Dec 2012 at 7:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kateishness
Haha! Yes I think I've had more facts from QI actually stick than all that time in the classroom ever did for me. Maybe they need to turn it into a teaching aid.

Also, I'm a brit born '86, absolutely HATED pink and girls toys. Played with my older brother's Lego and Action Men... Only time I ever remember playing with a Barbie (which where my little sister's) was with my bro, catapulting them off the washing line in the back garden and onto the roof. Also there may have been a 'scalping accident Barbie' and a 'BBQ Barbie' which I think my sister still resents me for.

HAHAHA, I did have dolls and barbies, i cut all my barbies hair really short, and put my temporary blue hairdye in it, but it wasnt temporary on plastic hair, and so I had a barbie in a pretty pink dress with a bright blue mohawk hahaa

we are very off topic right now, so I have something to put us back on topic:
My kids wont stop autonomously asking people they dont even know for a bedtime story!!! like seriously, my triplets aged up to children, and spammed their older brothers new girlfriend with requests to be read a bedtime story :/ I was like 'leave the poor girl alone! This is the first time she's met the family, she must be terrified!!'

EDIT: that knee bending thing has never happened to me before. I usually get the dislocated shoulders and broken wrists. But I can see how its traumatising :/

Call me Gemma or Gem :)
Played since original 'The Sims'. Spend my life working, playing and lurking around here, posting way too much not enough.
The Only Way Is Up
simblr
Top Secret Researcher
#1678 Old 7th Dec 2012 at 7:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 310175
Has this always happened? My mother has just had knee surgery, so this scarred me since it kept repeating.
Don't worry, it's because your CC bathtub needs to be Pets updated.
Mad Poster
#1679 Old 7th Dec 2012 at 8:52 PM
^^If that's a reason, it's not the ONLY one, because that's happened to me with base game tubs before.

As for the gender derail, I've always hated pink. Well, hot pink is acceptable if it's in an EYE BURNINGLY BRIGHT SHADE. I used to treat my Barbies like shit, and well poor Batman didn't get much better treatment. One story that tickled me from my grandparents was when I went to stay over with them for a week or so when I was a child, and took my collection of Barbies with me. In their bathroom, they had a bowl that was specifically for flannels, and I used to haphazardly dump the Barbies in there. This was before my grandpa retired, so in the mornings he'd stagger into the bathroom to wash and all that stuff before going to work. He also wears glasses, and I think he's virtually blind without them. So after washing his face, no glasses, he reached in for a flannel, and...

Barbies. A huge pile of Barbies missing arms, legs, and heads, resting peacefully on his flannels.

Gave him quite a jump, I'm told. ...And I used to tie my barbies to the handles in the bath at my mum's and pretend they were drowning. I was a sadistic child.

Anyway, for some non derailing content, I mentioned this in the 'what did you discover' thread just a minute ago but it seems to fit here too; with Master Controller, you can adopt a baby/toddler/child. With your toddler.
One Minute Ninja'd
#1680 Old 8th Dec 2012 at 3:33 AM
Everything sounded quite normal, actually, up until

Quote:
...And I used to tie my barbies to the handles in the bath at my mum's and pretend they were drowning. I was a sadistic child.

How did you relate to puppies and kittens?
Mad Poster
#1681 Old 8th Dec 2012 at 5:08 AM
LOL, the only time I've ever been violent to any animal was when I was too young to understand. My mum's parents were over and apparently I was being an annoying shit, and my mum snapped at me "oh, go and kick the cat!"

So I did. Boy did I get in trouble for that. But rest assured, animals are safe with me :3. Just not Barbies.
Lab Assistant
#1682 Old 8th Dec 2012 at 5:21 AM
When my sims are in the middle of driving to work and the carpool shows up. They double back to the house and ride in the crappy carpool instead of their limo they were just riding in.
Does this happen to anybody else or is it just me?
Inventor
#1683 Old 8th Dec 2012 at 5:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BL00DIEDHELL
LOL, the only time I've ever been violent to any animal was when I was too young to understand. My mum's parents were over and apparently I was being an annoying shit, and my mum snapped at me "oh, go and kick the cat!"

So I did. Boy did I get in trouble for that. But rest assured, animals are safe with me :3. Just not Barbies.

You and I would not have gotten along as kids ! I was OBSESSED with and LOVED Barbies!
Mad Poster
#1684 Old 8th Dec 2012 at 6:56 AM
Oh no no, don't get me wrong. I loved my Barbies, but...it was just really fun stripping them naked and playing roughly until they broke apart.

I think I had a Sindy's boyfriend, Paul or something. His head came off too. Quite alarmingly as well, I don't know how the shit I did it, but there was a plastic gash in his throat until it just...snapped off and got lost underneath the wardrobe. I swear I'm not a psycho.
Lab Assistant
#1685 Old 8th Dec 2012 at 9:03 AM
We had a cheap fake Barbie my nanna gave us. She had a big head made out of squishy plastic so my sister and I cut her hair off and made her the maid. She was made to do all sorts of horible stuff. Then we mixed together washing powder and water into a paste, slit her mouth open and fed it to her. Then wrapped her up in wet toilet paper and the left over mixture and stuck her on top of a cupboard (she must have been behaving especially bad that day!) We forgot about her. My mum uncovered this ball of mould six months later with a head sticking out one end and feet sticking out the other.

:D

Sci-fi meets 19th century boarding school story-- Future's Present-- A Sims 3 Story

A random legacy with a rainbowcy theme set in a post apocalyptic world-- Recolour

I now have a blogger-- Kathleen's Sim Stories-- for both my stories for those that prefer to follow and comment there
Field Researcher
#1686 Old 8th Dec 2012 at 9:24 AM
I liked the little Kelly dolls more than my barbies because they fit on the other toys I had, so I could make them go on adventures on the oregon trail and fight jaguars.

How did this topic derail again?
Mad Poster
#1687 Old 8th Dec 2012 at 10:05 AM
Before we discontinue the derail, I want to add that one of my friends gave her Ken doll a vasectomy.

Doll vasectomies, for those who don't know, just involve cutting that fucker in half.
Test Subject
#1688 Old 8th Dec 2012 at 10:45 AM
So I'm starting up a new game, Riverview or whichever is that newest town that, I had just downloaded officially from EA for free today. Get some Sims together, I send them out to City Hall because one of them wants to join Political Career... all of a sudden a bunch of Sims show up and start chanting, apparently they are protesting jellyfish...?

Scholar
#1689 Old 8th Dec 2012 at 4:14 PM
Definitely Riverview, recognize the cast of characters... Not so much on "newest town". Riverview is as old as Sunset Valley. And jellyfish in the river is quite obnoxious. I'd protest too.
Scholar
#1690 Old 8th Dec 2012 at 4:42 PM
I'm sitting here, alone, laughing so hard right now.

@Kathleen-Anne: I had a fake Sindy, she lost her leg (i can't remember how), and she had to hop everywhere, but she hopped so hard that her ankle broke and her foot came off. I felt really sorry for her, so i made her a wheelchair out of half a toilet roll tube, and a toy car. (unfortunately, my young mind wasn't very understanding, and her name was Maria Legs :/)

@BloodiedHell: I wish we had met as children, we could have had so much fun, I used to hang my barbies out the car windows by their hair. like, close the window on their hair and have their bodies outside flying around at high speed. I wonder what it looked like to passing drivers... hahalol!

Call me Gemma or Gem :)
Played since original 'The Sims'. Spend my life working, playing and lurking around here, posting way too much not enough.
The Only Way Is Up
simblr
One Minute Ninja'd
#1691 Old 8th Dec 2012 at 4:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Periandre
Definitely Riverview, recognize the cast of characters... Not so much on "newest town". Riverview is as old as Sunset Valley. And jellyfish in the river is quite obnoxious. I'd protest too.

Just remember, no jellyfish, no peanut butter and jelly sandwich for you (I'm embarrassed to say how long it took me to catch the association of catching a jellyfish and my sim getting a wish for a PB&J).
Lab Assistant
#1692 Old 8th Dec 2012 at 5:40 PM
All this talk of doll abuse... I think... I think I love you all, also makes me feel far more normal. You crazy people you.

Back on topic, I've noticed sims now have what I'm going to refer to as an 'Umbrella Induced Brain-fart' when entering Rabbit-Holes in the rain.
Basically they walk to the Rabbit-Hole entrance, put the umbrella down, walk a step, put the umbrella back up, walk another step, put the umbrella down, walk into the Rabbit-Hole.

Which becomes even worse if there's more than 2 sims trying to enter the same place.
Walk to entrance, put umbrella down, walk a step, tap foot, put umbrella up, walk a step, wait, put umbrella down, tap foot, put umbrella back up, walk a step, put umbrella down, walk into the fucking Rabbit-Hole.
Scholar
#1693 Old 8th Dec 2012 at 6:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskie227
Just remember, no jellyfish, no peanut butter and jelly sandwich for you (I'm embarrassed to say how long it took me to catch the association of catching a jellyfish and my sim getting a wish for a PB&J).

Ohh... don't be. *whistles nonchalantly*
Instructor
#1694 Old 8th Dec 2012 at 7:48 PM
Hahaha You should see what I did to my barbies, well not realy my barbies they didnt get the worst. I don't think my sister has ever forgiven me for what I did, I took her favorite one, Repunzel and decided to give her a mud bath massage. I went outside and dug a hole in the yard I filled it with water and put the doll in it. Then i started rubing the mud in the doll's hair and all over her face. it didnt come out so I just cut the dolls hair off.
Test Subject
#1695 Old 8th Dec 2012 at 9:15 PM
I cut all of my dolls hair off and made them either marry eachother, or my GI Joes. Either way, they put on cool gear and used guns and rode around in a pink and blue jeep that I repainted camo. :D

On topic, my sims refuse to take the carpool, or go to work at all sometimes. I click "go to work" and they just stand there, tapping their foot, or reacting to their environment. Also... Had twins for my legacy :S that was a nightmare.
Mad Poster
#1696 Old 8th Dec 2012 at 9:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kateishness
Back on topic, I've noticed sims now have what I'm going to refer to as an 'Umbrella Induced Brain-fart' when entering Rabbit-Holes in the rain.
Basically they walk to the Rabbit-Hole entrance, put the umbrella down, walk a step, put the umbrella back up, walk another step, put the umbrella down, walk into the Rabbit-Hole.

Which becomes even worse if there's more than 2 sims trying to enter the same place.
Walk to entrance, put umbrella down, walk a step, tap foot, put umbrella up, walk a step, wait, put umbrella down, tap foot, put umbrella back up, walk a step, put umbrella down, walk into the fucking Rabbit-Hole.

I'm really looking forwards to getting Seasons but oh God that's going to drive me insane [well, moreso].

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemly_teddie
@BloodiedHell: I wish we had met as children, we could have had so much fun, I used to hang my barbies out the car windows by their hair. like, close the window on their hair and have their bodies outside flying around at high speed. I wonder what it looked like to passing drivers... hahalol!

...LMAO THAT IS AMAZING.
Test Subject
#1697 Old 8th Dec 2012 at 10:17 PM
I downloaded a mod for the constant book reading, it was driving me mad. Some sims would constantly read no matter what the hell I would tell them to do (didn't have bookworm trait) I would see my sim leave for work after cancelling out read book action from the moment they wake up. While dealing with the book reading sims at home I would find that the sim was missing work How is that when I saw him leave? I click on him and sure enough he is standing outside the rabbithole READING A BOOK!
One Minute Ninja'd
#1698 Old 8th Dec 2012 at 11:40 PM
What is it with you people and Barbie sadism???

And who the hell is Sindy?
Inventor
#1699 Old 8th Dec 2012 at 11:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by purplelynxy
I cut all of my dolls hair off and made them either marry eachother, or my GI Joes. Either way, they put on cool gear and used guns and rode around in a pink and blue jeep that I repainted camo. :D

I once took my mom's good hair gel, mousse, and hairspray to style my Barbies' hair with!

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplelynxy
On topic, my sims refuse to take the carpool, or go to work at all sometimes. I click "go to work" and they just stand there, tapping their foot, or reacting to their environment. Also... Had twins for my legacy :S that was a nightmare.

I have had that happen several times.
Test Subject
#1700 Old 8th Dec 2012 at 11:45 PM
Well. My sims are just dumb.

1.I have this one sim who keeps going random directions. When I make him walk somewhere, he does random spins at every 3rd step. He also walks outside the room, walks back in and then does his spin and walks back out. Like WTF??

2. I made my sim register the dating site and after that browse other people's profiles. So what he did was - Turns on computer, registers for the dating site, Turns it off, turns it on, browses profiles. Many sims do that. Why do they have to restart their computers after every action?

3. My sim was at her bachelorette party. I went to kitchen to find some food. When I got back, she was kissing with some random guy that looked like Lil Wayne. And I'm like - Girl? wtf? You are engaded!
Page 68 of 321