Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#826 Old 10th Jun 2012 at 7:56 AM
Worthington: Liam was born, which menas I have an heir, which menas my legacy is not doomed to die out on generation 2 \o/

Raas/Wolf: I have been expecting Aminali to die for a few rounds now, she's already 120. I guess she keeps staying alive because she's a mother in law and she loves making Twallan's life a living hell. Twallan had a quicky with their live in maid, he also almost started dating Jules O'Mackey, and is now dating one of my playable YA. He should have also died because he's also way past 100 years. Twallan's eldest kid got shipped to the asylum because he's crazy, and the youngest became an ugly teen.

Gweydd: Francois moved in with his pregnant girlfiend and her mother in law. The pregnancy got borked so I had to terminate it. And the mother in law started fighting the daughter so I had her move out. Francois dad, Lang Gwydd should have also died because he's past 100. If someboy doesn't soo die from old age I'll start panicking my game is broken. I know the reaper is capable, I've had a few accidental fires where I lost people.

Tellerman: Emsley made his first movie and moved in with his girlfriend after she got pregnant.

Baker: My hopes for Mary to have babies faded when she turned out a lesbian. I guess I have to put the hospital overwhaul mod back so my men can start donating their dna.

Morel: Katrina started a bakery, and next round she'll start tormenting her cheating husband with the woodoo doll.

Jones-Brown: Demeter (random legacy challenge generation 2) is trying to have babies with Mortimer, but he's always such a sour face it's hard. If Demeter become middle aged before she gets into Morties pants, plan B is having babies with Katrina's husband. They have already made out on the bed, so all that is required is the final nudge.

Bayless: Chase married Michael Bachelor and wants five kids with him. Bun number one is already in the oven. Michael's kid sister Clara (made by story progression before I moved them to my hood) became a crazy teen. Next round I'm shipping her to the asylum that is run by Morty.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#827 Old 11th Jun 2012 at 4:45 AM Last edited by hipster90 : 11th Jun 2012 at 4:48 AM. Reason: Spelling
My fiance and I decided to create our own challenge and play it out. The challenge we decided on, was playing a gold digging sim, who married 3 rich men, and had 3 children by each, allowing each set of children to age to teens before killing their dad off. So I chose a sim, gave her the gold digger lifetime wish, and set out to find her a husband. She found one quite easily, and married him in a private ceremony. She had one child a girl named Goldie, and I decided to give each of them the fertility reward, so that she could have twins, and I could move on to the next unsuspecting man. Well it backfired and she gave birth to triplets! 2 Boys and 1 girl! It wasn't that bad, save for the fact that they all had imaginary friends, but those little buggers kept them preoccupied.

Once they turned to teens, I set off on how to kill her husband off. I simply chose the pool, remove ladder method, and let him swim while he was sleepy. (He kept hopping out of the water, so I had to make him keep jumping in, under the guise of her pushing him in). After the grim reaper had come, I decided to give her 3 days to grieve, before moving on to her next husband.

A rock star that she had become best friends with while with her first husband. She married him, and they moved into his gorgeous mansion bringing her first husbands gravestone with her. She wanted to have kids right away, and did so. Little did I know, even if both parents don't have the fertility reward, they can still have multiples. She ended up with Triplets again!

Not to mention, while I wasn't paying attention, one of the teen boys created a potion to bring his imaginary friend to life, and did so. Boy was I surprised.

As the mother was an adult and elder status was soon approaching, she decided to make a plate of ambrosia to reset her age, so that she could have 3 more kids with the next unsuspecting rich guy that crossed her path. After eating the ambrosia, she went to do some workout DVD's on the television set, and got the surprise of her life. He first husband, now a ghost, ate the ambrosia, and was alive once again. So as of right now, I have a household with 11 people in it! And I do believe that the imaginary friend turned real, is pregnant!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#828 Old 11th Jun 2012 at 5:04 AM
hipster90: lol, that was quite funny, how everything kept backfiring on you :D
Top Secret Researcher
#829 Old 11th Jun 2012 at 8:10 AM
My self-Sim has rolled a wish for a bug. No big deal, you may say. But the bugs I favour are active at night, so it means I get to run around the Valley at zero-dark-thirty barefoot in a nightgown, testing (& hopefully irritating) the curfew police.
Forum Resident
#830 Old 11th Jun 2012 at 11:31 AM
For all the marriage equality in the game (and I'm happy for that) I really wish EA would get with the times on gender equality when it comes to maternity leave. It's ridiculous that women are basically forced to stay home in the game as is (aka, without mods) and we can't choose whether we want maternity or paternity leave.

My current household, the Smith family, are a family of 7. The father had the LTW to raise 5 kids and so I obliged but as a result, now, he has completed his LTW maxed out one skill, is about to max out another (and has at least 6 in three others) and is at the top of his career field. His wife was at Level 2 of the Science career track for her entire YA stage and is just now moving up the ranks now that the kids are past toddler age. It really pisses me off. Mostly due to how realistic it is.

Now I'm at a full house with 8 Sims and 2 cats. The oldest daughter, Sabrina, just moved in her recently aged up boyfriend because he was an NPC babysitter and I want to get him started on the aimless wannabe rockstar career track. :p
Scholar
#831 Old 20th Jun 2012 at 12:14 PM
Playing my first gay couple (and, for that matter, mixed-race), and they're proving to be a lot of fun! Adrien is a renowned science fiction author with a penchant for logic (mentioned him here before, quite some time ago), and Marcus is an earth-friendly, athletic, aspiring chef. They have two toddlers (through a donor mother), Lila and Eugene, as well as an adventurous gray tabby named Dickens. I just moved them all to St. Claire, where they spent a short time in a cramped brownstone before inheriting enough to make the move to a larger apartment in town on the island (Adrien's father kept most of his prior profits while he was living with him). Recently, they took a much-needed, though budgeted vacation to Al Simhara, where Marcus made a surprise proposal, followed by an intimate wedding in the heart of an ancient tomb. Now, with money starting to flow in again, they're looking forward to starting their life together and raising their kids right (though I'm I'm planning a surprise rebellion, just to keep things interesting).

It's been a while since I actually sat down and played the game, so I'm happy to be getting things moving again.

♦ Animal Lover, Eco Friendly, Loner, Perfectionist, Vegetarian ♦

Sensitivity is strength.
Test Subject
#832 Old 20th Jun 2012 at 12:15 PM
One of my sims, Amelie is currently crying because the reaper took her horse away XD
Not so much else ^^
Test Subject
#833 Old 20th Jun 2012 at 11:48 PM
Basically the past two days I have done nothing but drink green tea and play the Sims. I regret nothing.

About a week ago now, I started missing all the Pleasantview sims from TS2. So instead of creating the missing few, and making Sunset Valley perfect, I just downloaded a world and a save file dubbed 'Pleasantview Plus'. It contained a section strongly resembling downtown, Pleasantview, and a section resembling Bluewater Village. After playing the Broke family for a few days, I had my first run in with aging. Apparently, in the Sims 3, aging works on a neighborhood wide scale. Everybody gets older, but unless Story Progression is turned on, they just don't accomplish anything and die eventually. I think this is absolutely ridiculous and I'm sort of embarrassed that I didn't already know of this since, y'know, I've had the game since release. :P

SO, I downloaded a configured version of awesome mod that allowed TS2 style aging.

I booted up the game and played for quite a while with the Pleasants. Mary-Sue went through a midlife crisis and decided she wanted to divorce Daniel. As I have never been a fan of Daniel Pleasant, I let Mary-Sue do her thing. A heartbroken Daniel moved in with Kaylynn Langerak and shortly after, they got married. I fixed Kaylynn's face with plastic surgery because I don't like ugly babies. Call me shallow. I don't mind. Kaylynn discovered she was pregnant, and I lost interest with them.

I went back to the original Pleasant house, where Lilith and Angela were to become adults later in the day. They grew up without a party because I'm a bitter old cow and I hate the fuss and negative moodlets and yeah, it's just a bad deal for me. Mary-Sue's diva demands during her midlife crisis also included a makeover, moving into a penthouse, and changing jobs. I had her change to the writer career and now she's an acclaimed Sci-Fi author who lives in the city, away from all the drama of Pleasantview.

Angela and Dustin Broke went on a date the next day, and after arriving back at the Pleasant house, they proceeded to move in together and get engaged. Lilith played her guitar all day, went to work, then hung out at Dirk Dreamer's house that evening. I switched to the Dreamer household and asked Lilith to move in, and I've been playing them ever since.

Darren Dreamer relocated downstairs to Dirk's old bedroom, and I remodelled the entire house, also adding two bedrooms upstairs. Lilith is currently a Roadie, and Dirk is a self-employed author who specializes in humor novels. The family has a faithful St. Bernard named Anton who is hyper, adventurous, friendly, and non-destructive. Lilith and Dirk just had their second son, Kaden. The eldest son is a day from aging up to a child and his name is Keir. I had to move the family to Sunset Valley because Pleasantview was laggy and crashed quite frequently. Darren is dangerously close to dying of old age. I'm going to miss that old fogie. He's the best babysitter in the entire world.
Field Researcher
#834 Old 7th Jul 2012 at 12:19 AM
I TRIED to make a superstar Sim called Cherry Bakewell (or something equally ridiculous) who was basically meant to be Katy Perry, since I had just installed Superstar and the Sweet Treats stuff pack and wanted to try them out. But lo and behold, the game worked fine for a bit then shut itself down with an error message. So I did the crashing checklist and turns out it's something in my custom content which was working before installing the newer games. *sigh* So then I loaded up the game without any CC and made a cowboy country singer who wants to be a zoologist. :D
Test Subject
#835 Old 7th Jul 2012 at 2:20 AM
Today I continued on filling houses in Simtopia with my custom-made Sims. One of the households were an engaged Couple, Kang Gary and Song Ji Hyo who both ended up in a music career. And I made another family Kim JoongKook and Yoon Eunhye with their child daughter, Mihee Yoon. Joong Kook wanted to go for an athletic career but he was destined to go for a music career. Yoon EunHye ended up in Political career. I was trying to get the family settled in properly before moving forward towards filling in another house with a family and then I found Kang Gary's house going bankrupt so I had to send JiHyo to the bank and get a loan. I ended getting them a loan of 50,000$ with interest. I realized since the families right now are new and doesn't have high pay, they can't afford much when the bill comes rolling in.

Once I get houses filled in, which is like 20 families after.... I plan on creating one single young adult moved in to a house and experience the town I created with my custom filled sims..
Lab Assistant
#836 Old 8th Jul 2012 at 3:33 AM
My legacy challenge founders are being an adorable couple. They want to have a baby, but they're not financially stable yet. Which makes me sad.
Screenshots
Space Pony
#837 Old 8th Jul 2012 at 8:05 AM
I would like to say that my sims are doing something interesting.
However, my game has decided it would prefer to materialize materials at the moment.

My Sims 4 Random Legacy can be found here.
My simblr .
Field Researcher
#838 Old 9th Jul 2012 at 2:26 AM
Bella Bachelor got pregnant a little earlier than I had planned. Mortimer didn't even know she was pregnant until she showed up to their third date at the art museum.

After catching up on the latest gossip she went into labour. The game chose the name 'Cory' for their first born, I later changed it to Mordred.

About a sim week later they got married, and I built a room for them on top of the Goth's garage. Mordred is now a toddler.

About the same time of Bella and Mortimer's wedding I was surprised to notice Cornelia was pregnant. Gunther is almost always busy working only stopping to sleep and perform other bodily functions. Gunther is a power broker and Cronelia is the leader of the free world.
Cornelia frequently interrupts him to be romantic. For a sim who is supposed be unflirty she does like to be romantic often.

Cornelia gave birth to a girl, who I named Cassandra. She's insane and brave.

Mortimer is very much a child prodigy, he completed his LTW to be an illustrious author before he was a teen. I'm waiting for the architect LTW to pop up for his new wish. He's currently rebelling taken up a part time job in the criminal career, pickpocketing for now.
His teen parties are notoriously wild.

Bella wants to be a star news anchor, her free time is currently taken up by afterschool activities and caring for Mordred.
Lab Assistant
#839 Old 9th Jul 2012 at 8:06 AM
They're just so happy. So, despite having $432, they're going to have their own little monster.
Inventor
#840 Old 9th Jul 2012 at 9:55 AM
Flo and Flat Broke have discovered that they are happy in their new home. The old (SimEve) hippy comune was nice until Flo could complete her LTW of a perfect garden, and Frank has settled down and attended school instead of hanging out with the hippy ghosts. Skip made the hornor roll.

Buck, Ruby, Tigger and Susie have founded a nectary with a perfect garden for Ruby to have as a wedding gift. Buck is saving money like crazy so that he can buy a dream home for himself before the kids are too old to appreciate it, and it doesnt help that they are forever touring so Ruby can get forign exposure but the tomb raiding makes it worth while for them. Tigger and Buck are a deadly pair when it comes to taking quests apart and Ruby seems to have an affinity to the Landgraab estate in France. China is next on the tour schedule and all the homeschooling has really brought up Susies grades.

Alex and Alice Bin-Diver have found it difficult to live in a town with no bins so they had to settle into a home and try to live like the norms though they to have a circular tour of the world's finest dumps to hit up for money when the bills come due. Alex has little interest in gardening anything but money trees but can pay attention to them at least and Alice is blooming in the new school. Skip, Frank Susie and Alice have made a tight little group that is hard to break up and seem none the worse for all the teasing the townies can dish out. They play at each others home almost nonstop.

Ruby and Flat seem to be healing the breach now that the family is split up but Skip is still taking it hard and wont even talk to Ruby and Frank blames Ruby for his hydrophobic trait because she put him down next to a jumping Piranah spawn when he was a toddler. I hope as the boys get a little older they will see how funny it is that Ruby has to be the sane one for their Uncles family untill they finish mourning.

Some people have a Guardian Angel, you know a little guy sitting on your shoulder that tells you right from wrong, but mine is an Idiot.
Inventor
#841 Old 9th Jul 2012 at 12:24 PM
My half-vampire sim, Bella, is best friends with her cockatoo, Sharky, and is flirting up a storm with the local boys, especially since almost all the teens seemed to age up at the same time. She just convinced a romantic interest to break up with his girlfriend and go out with her instead. Meanwhile, her half brother, Connor, (normal, non-vamp sim) is hoping for baby number 3 with his gorgeous wife, Eva Parrott, who was the baby bump Jazlyn had when I started the game. (Oh my GOSH Eva was gorgeous!!) Jazlyn is getting cozy in an urn on the shelf in the living room. Connor's full sister is gardening up a storm while his brother is married to the newly widowed Kim Marshall, who is a vampire and animal hoarder. They have a daughter together and got married even though he slept with ALL of the bachelor party dancers the night before their wedding!

Ethan Parrott is in a same-sex marriage with Spencer Diamond, Barrington Diamond's son, and they have two sons together as a result of story progression. Bella is also Barrington Diamond's daughter. Barrington turned into a vampire, turned Bella's mother, and broke up with Juanita. The Foster triplets have taken it upon themselves to adopt up all the orphaned animals and children as a result of the elders' reduced lifespans.

Shy, Clumsy, Insane, Artistic, Hopeless Romantic, Cat Person, Supernatural Fan

Art tumblr
deviantart
Theorist
#842 Old 9th Jul 2012 at 3:02 PM
@Scarysecrets Congrats That happened in my hubby's game once, he kept trying in his world between his legacy family children and they all had girls in multiples. He had 18 girls in twins and trips before he finally got twin boys

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Instructor
#843 Old 10th Jul 2012 at 11:12 PM
I'm discovering the joys of horse breeding in my file right now.

My family started off with Winter, the zebra-striped horse on the left. Then my sim Catherine, who has The Jockey LTW, adopted the unicorn Artemis, in the back. I got frustrated with Unicorns being solid white, so I went crazy on her coat in CAS. Winter and Artemis gave birth to Orion, the unicorn in the front-right.

Catherine rolled a wish to adopt a wild horse, so I found this one, and named her Phantom.

Phantom and Orion became mates and Phantom just gave birth to a foal.

That's him with Artemis. I'm really wowed by how his coat came out, so I just had to share. I decided he looks like he should be named October. I'm so excited!

"There's nothing to writing.
All you do is sit at a typewriter and open a vein."
-Walter "Red" Smith
Field Researcher
#844 Old 15th Jul 2012 at 8:29 AM
nothing special going on now, my 8 sims are just living the the day and try to survive this week without loss. wait im checking my game just now... one of my sims just cooks something, wait he´s got no points in cooking and cooks on the cheapest stove... uh oh. alright after my sims put out the fire none of them died but my kitchens fried
Test Subject
#845 Old 15th Jul 2012 at 8:59 AM
I'm on my new family, who, are actually pretty rich, NOT due to cheats, but due to their jobs. It's getting pretty hectic, since my sim's wife is pregnant, and they both have the fertility treatment So..... I'm expecting to have 5 kids (3 are already children, probably 2 are coming) PLUS my sim's nephew, whose father just died! (the nephew is a toddler...) in 2 sim days.... Yikes.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#846 Old 15th Jul 2012 at 9:15 AM
Recently I found a YA version of Tragic Clown in my old SavedSims folders and decided to start a new game in Lunar Lakes with him. I changed his traits to Clumsy, Unlucky, Hopeless Romantic, Neat, Overemotional and gave him a career in the SHT Singer branch. His LTW is "Fairytale Finder". And he turned out to be one of the funniest Sims I've had for a very long time.
First of all it took him only 10 weeks with just playing for tips and doing Sing-A-Grams and not being very ambitious to become the Vocal Legend of the town. And despite being clumsy he had only set himself on fire twice.

Here's him performing in one of the domes that I converted into a Nectary and named to "Memories of Champs les Sims":

After attending a party in swimsuits:

But his most surprising feat is that he is the only Sim so far that achieved the Casanova reputation with no effort at all. 4 females and 3 males are absolutely mad about that boy and even when they accuse him of cheating he does some smooth recovery and a few flirts and they agree to woohoo with this love machine right away again.

So, this hardly happens:

While this is the regular thing:

He must be really really good:

Maybe it's because of his superb sense of fashion and that certain way to move his hips:

Anyway, he definitely has some magic in his bones because even befriending the Lunar Lakes unicorn was so easily done that in week 9 he had also completed his LTW and is now the proud owner of Bramble Horse:

His greatest love of all:
Field Researcher
#847 Old 15th Jul 2012 at 8:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by babele44
Recently I found a YA version of Tragic Clown in my old SavedSims folders and decided to start a new game in Lunar Lakes with him. I changed his traits to Clumsy, Unlucky, Hopeless Romantic, Neat, Overemotional and gave him a career in the SHT Singer branch. His LTW is "Fairytale Finder". And he turned out to be one of the funniest Sims I've had for a very long time.
First of all it took him only 10 weeks with just playing for tips and doing Sing-A-Grams and not being very ambitious to become the Vocal Legend of the town. And despite being clumsy he had only set himself on fire twice.

I absolutely love your clown sim! Thank you for posting
Top Secret Researcher
#848 Old 15th Jul 2012 at 10:30 PM
Whaaaat? I never noticed that the hot tub bubbles do a heart shape when they're woohooing!
Awesome character, babele44!
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#849 Old 15th Jul 2012 at 10:59 PM
Thanks, I'm glad that you like him. He must have been the very first ghost that I resurrected and revived with Ambrosia way back in 2009. After I had moved him out he married Agnes Crumplebottom and fathered three children with her, all quite sweet but very sad looking . I then saved him to the bin as a YA (he's an adult originally) and had used him as a template for an evil version, Wicked Clown, that I play in Rflong's Broken Heart Island. There he's all dressed in black, extremely hairy and quite muscular, a vampire and the current Emperor of Evil.
With his LTW fulfilled and the top of his career reached the current Tragic in Lunar Lake is a bit undecided now, I'm afraid. He has an illegitimate child with Lilly January but I don't think that I will get him married soon (she's still married to that squint-eyed guy anyway). I rather think that I will present him with an evil child from the Wishing Well, a template for which I have already made and keep him single and focus on some unicorn offspring instead or get him some obnoxious cat or dog. Ah, decisions, decisions...
Alchemist
#850 Old 15th Jul 2012 at 11:42 PM
WELL! Bud Jr was put in jail and, while locked up, his younger brother Spit impregnated Bud's wife! It's not really Spit's fault. She's got issues and was always wandering around him in the nude trying to tempt him. It's just that, it finally worked. They did the deed in the tree-house. Bud got home from jail and luckily doesn't know his newborn son is actually his nephew, or else things could get ugly. Who knows, maybe soon he'll do the math and realise something's amiss.
Page 34 of 162