Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#926 Old 30th Sep 2013 at 7:32 AM
I'm having a lot of fun with the roommates system that came in with the University expansion.

My Sim, Cassandra Meek, is currently living in Evansdale County (beautiful custom world, highly recommended). She's a geek through and through having topped the science career then went on to University to pursue a proper science degree. She came away with a degree and topped the Nerd group and is currently working in the video game industry.

Cassandra is a frugal Sim and hopes to get rich one day, but it sure is difficult when your interests are in science and all things geeky. She just bought a run-down abandoned buttons factory with her savings. She's cleared it out and converted the first floor into two wings.

In one wing, she's installed bunk beds and the basic essentials for a group of sims to live in. She currently has six "roommate" sims living in this wing who contribute $1300ish a week to rent.

For the rest of the property (which only she can enter through a separate door), she's planning to truly make the place her own bit by bit through her income and rent collected.

It's hard being a landlady though, the roommates are constantly breaking their plumbing and TV! Good thing Cassandra has 10 in handiness...

I'm not a fan of controlling many sims at a time (which is why I usually play single sims) but it's fun watching the roommates going about their business when Cassandra is sleeping or at work. They mainly spend their time pillowfighting, watching TV and sleeping.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#927 Old 30th Sep 2013 at 1:11 PM
While this isn't happening now, there was a fairly recent occurance that was kind of funny.

My current sim was finishing up her first term at college, and being a rebel, I decided that she should hold a protest in the quad. I decided to make the protest against radiation, and swarms of sims joined the protest. Combine that withthe fact that some guy in the communications major looked like he was interviewing some of the protesters, and a hippie was playing guitar, and I couldn't help but think about what they were saying and thinking. Things like:

Radio Guy: Can you tell us what you wish to accomplish through this protest?
Random Protester: This is a protest? I had no idea! I just like shouting.

and

Hippie playing guitar (singing): Radiation... we must stop radiation... I have no idea what radiation is... but it's bad... so we need to stop it...man.

started popping into my head.
Lab Assistant
#928 Old 7th Oct 2013 at 4:39 PM
The main family I'm playing as right now is the North family. The dad, Isaac, recently was promoted at work to Lab Tech. The mom, Robin, is self-employed as a homemaker and just had a baby who is now aged up into the most adorable toddler ever. Alexis and Laura, their two other daughters both made the Honor Roll. Alexis also is leveling in guitar pretty quickly and just recently became the girlfriend of Parker Langerak. Laura is a very smart kid, and she has already decided she wants to be a World Renowned Surgeon when she grows up.
Forum Resident
#929 Old 7th Oct 2013 at 6:10 PM
Trying University Life for the first time. I have yet to see any microwave combustions or drunkenly pissing on the floor. Pretty unrealistic if you ask me.
Field Researcher
#930 Old 7th Oct 2013 at 10:25 PM
The zombies came, destroying the garden and ....

.... playing golf.
Screenshots

My flash animation
http://robingravel.byethost15.com/eflash.htm

A Christmas day at 25o Celcius
http://robingravel.byethost15.com/noel2014.htm
A girl whiches a warm day at Christmas.
Top Secret Researcher
#931 Old 8th Oct 2013 at 2:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by robingravel
The zombies came, destroying the garden and ....

.... playing golf.

Golf should always be played naked. Maybe, then I would watch it.
Lab Assistant
#932 Old 8th Oct 2013 at 5:01 AM
I've been curious,with the game winding down soon,what the totals are for the series in certain aspects. Like, total number of store files & MB/GB size,same with Guru's on the exchange,total number of items in each category in build/buy modes. I'm current with all the releases,store files,Guru files,etc, & my Documents folder sits in at 4.66 GB with two worlds being played right now,from Sims 3 logo to play mode it takes 3 minutes.The EA folder on my drive weighs in at 31.5 GB now.

Sky Marshal Skittles to the rescue!

Causing havoc here at MTS since 2004
Alchemist
#933 Old 8th Oct 2013 at 7:54 AM
My sim Ryan Ewald (who is also available to download at exchange!) is living in Isla Paradiso and just got promoted to a level 4 police, I wonder when he gets the poliecar.
He has a cowplant on his balcony if he would ever want to kill someone (it is right now sticking out its tounge with a piece of cake, hehe), he likes to dive and collects whatever he can find down there, I love the diving skill. He is having a relationship with his colleague (who also is a male!) and I love seing them make out and sissy around. Ryan also owns that hotel you get for free and whenever I have the money for it I upgrade it. So far I've built a gym, increased the food stand with 2 more food-stand tables (that serves breakfast and desert). I also have a little food shop where a cute little girl is working. I've also added a fire pit and upgraded the resort tower (5.000$) and right now my sim is saving to upgrade it once again (10.000$) after that I might place a pool or build another VIP-room (is anyone ever using them? Never seen someone sleep in it)

Test Subject
#934 Old 8th Oct 2013 at 1:00 PM
Right now my boy Mirek decided to bath with his clothes on. Either he thought the bath tub water was too cold or he's developed an extra personality that's never naked or insane, possibly both :\
Other than that I'm trying to build Jerry a home. It was supposed to be just a small farm but somehow it's growing into a gigantic three-floors house with two barns, a greenhouse and a tower. Oops.

I have skeletons in my closet and I hope they come out in time for Pride.
Lab Assistant
#935 Old 8th Oct 2013 at 3:29 PM
The Uni Mascot in my current Sunset Valley is on an OCD kick . FIVE,yes, five Uni Welcoming Kits in 2 days Using Total Annihilation isn't helping.

Sky Marshal Skittles to the rescue!

Causing havoc here at MTS since 2004
Field Researcher
#936 Old 8th Oct 2013 at 8:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 310175
Golf should always be played naked. Maybe, then I would watch it.

I agree.

I'm surprised the moderators didn't edit my post.

Or my nude screenshot doesn't break any rules.

My flash animation
http://robingravel.byethost15.com/eflash.htm

A Christmas day at 25o Celcius
http://robingravel.byethost15.com/noel2014.htm
A girl whiches a warm day at Christmas.
Forum Resident
#937 Old 9th Oct 2013 at 5:15 AM
Mr Langerak died. Just after his adopted daughter's graduation - the whole family got home and were just getting changed out of their formal clothes when the camera zoomed over him and he'd turned all grey and ghostly.

I did feel a bit guilty, as he didn't get his lifetime wish - he wanted to bring up five children but he only had three, his first two with his first wife, and then his adopted daughter Zoe with his second.

So the family held a funeral, and his daughter-in-law Tamara (nee Donner) turned up in a really really short, bright green dress with a very low neckline, just the sort of thing you'd wear to your father-in-law's funeral
Top Secret Researcher
#938 Old 9th Oct 2013 at 6:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by KittyCarey
Tamara (nee Donner) turned up in a really really short, bright green dress...

I believe that's Tamara's base-game "Formal 1", and just you try telling her not to wear it.
Scholar
#939 Old 9th Oct 2013 at 6:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by KittyCarey
So the family held a funeral, and his daughter-in-law Tamara (nee Donner) turned up in a really really short, bright green dress with a very low neckline, just the sort of thing you'd wear to your father-in-law's funeral
I agree, it really should have been black.
Top Secret Researcher
#940 Old 10th Oct 2013 at 1:31 AM
Default #HiJuno
My Sims participated in the "Say Hi To The Juno Spacecraft On Its Way By" festival today. I hauled spotlights up on the hillside in front of the Landgraab science facility, to spell "HI" in Morse code (just a static pattern of dots, I mean -- they didn't flash out the pattern.) Thus did Sunset Valley do its part. Here's Janet waving suul-suul while I look for the object (hopeless by daylight, even with a lighting mod.)
Forum Resident
#941 Old 14th Oct 2013 at 1:47 PM
At the moment I am playing Ben Cupper. He is in Law Enforcement. This is a great pity because his sister, Jane, is married to Jonah Crumb, one of THE Crumbs. The same Crumbs who are mostly criminals. Ben, however, is a bit odd in his own way, as he likes to use the computer while dressed in scuba diving gear. At the moment he wants to skinny dip with a ghost. Oh well, it takes all sorts as they say.
Field Researcher
#942 Old 15th Oct 2013 at 4:40 AM
I'm playing a witch girl with a dog at Moonlight Falls. The dog has the "loyal" trait and every night (at 6 p.m.) has the will to "guard the house".
First incident happened a few Sim-days ago. Approximately at 10 p.m. a burglar gets in the lot. My witch is not asleep so she runs out of the house passing by the burglar who gets in. Every alarm in the house starts "screaming". I can't have any interaction with him (my girl doesn't have the "brave" trait so she can't fight him!). The dog keeps up "guarding the house" and doesn't give a damn about the burglar (WTF that stupid dog is "guarding" the house from I have no idea, lol!). A fairy police officer arrives when the burglar is still in the house and yelling annoyed by the alarms. Police officer doesn't even step a foot on my front porch, gets in his car and leaves... The usual pop-up informed me that "Unfortunately the burglar got away may be we'll get him next time" (the burglar was still in the house!!!)...
Anyway, I decided to forget about it. A few minutes ago the same thing happened again. The burglar was still in the house, the police officer left before the burglar because "unfortunately the burglar managed to get away". When the burglar left the stupid fairy police officer came back and gave my sim a 500 sim dollars fine for "calling the police with no reason"!!!! (The "loyal" dog was still "guarding" the house!!!)...
WTF EA????

P.S. I will go back in my game and I'll cheat to change my sim's traits, I'll make her "brave" and she will take her revenge .I didn't even have the interaction to blast fire on the burglar, why? I wish she could burn him and that idiot police officer too...
Lab Assistant
#943 Old 15th Oct 2013 at 9:23 AM
In my game right now we went threw a phase of every elder sim pretty much dying, The family i'm currently playing Shark Racket married my legacy heiress, His mother actually gave her blessing to the girl to marry Shark, then after the wedding Shark went back home to visit his relatives and got in a fight with his Uncle Bill and Sharks motives dropped so low that he died. When the Heiress went over the same day to announce to Silver Racket she was pregnant with Sharks baby Silver who was really good friends with her like BFF's began to slap the Sim & a big fight broke out. Lolly became friends with the Heiress now. Marigold Racket died now along with Max & Silver. No idea where Marigold or Max's graves are in the world. As in the graveyard i've begun a family plot lol. Lolly & Mortimer Goth are now Married and had a child named Michael. Dennis Racket is next to go.
Alchemist
#944 Old 15th Oct 2013 at 2:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by natbsim75
I'm playing a witch girl with a dog at Moonlight Falls. The dog has the "loyal" trait and every night (at 6 p.m.) has the will to "guard the house".
First incident happened a few Sim-days ago. Approximately at 10 p.m. a burglar gets in the lot. My witch is not asleep so she runs out of the house passing by the burglar who gets in. Every alarm in the house starts "screaming". I can't have any interaction with him (my girl doesn't have the "brave" trait so she can't fight him!). The dog keeps up "guarding the house" and doesn't give a damn about the burglar (WTF that stupid dog is "guarding" the house from I have no idea, lol!). A fairy police officer arrives when the burglar is still in the house and yelling annoyed by the alarms. Police officer doesn't even step a foot on my front porch, gets in his car and leaves... The usual pop-up informed me that "Unfortunately the burglar got away may be we'll get him next time" (the burglar was still in the house!!!)...
Anyway, I decided to forget about it. A few minutes ago the same thing happened again. The burglar was still in the house, the police officer left before the burglar because "unfortunately the burglar managed to get away". When the burglar left the stupid fairy police officer came back and gave my sim a 500 sim dollars fine for "calling the police with no reason"!!!! (The "loyal" dog was still "guarding" the house!!!)...
WTF EA????

P.S. I will go back in my game and I'll cheat to change my sim's traits, I'll make her "brave" and she will take her revenge .I didn't even have the interaction to blast fire on the burglar, why? I wish she could burn him and that idiot police officer too...

Sometimes I get revenge on burglars (hehe, with cheating ofc).
Lab Assistant
#945 Old 17th Oct 2013 at 2:43 PM
Well, I'm wanting to kill myself my sins are being stupid. Makes them read a cookery book- checks on another sim and goes back- on a different floor and dancing
Field Researcher
#946 Old 17th Oct 2013 at 5:15 PM Last edited by catnipeverdeen : 18th Oct 2013 at 12:23 AM.
I'm playing the perfect genetics challenge because, you know, I like to torture myself apparently. It took me six kids to get the heir AND the heir showed up in a set of triplets. I aged the oldest 2/6 up and set them to boarding school to have less Sims to deal with and it left me with a toddler and three babies. The babies are aging up today, the toddler in three days. The stupid dad had to go and get abducted (in the middle of the night when all four kids needed something and were 'in the yellow' and one of them had dropped to red, the butler was smelly and so tired she passed out while mom, dad, and she were trying to take care of them, and all four were screaming and crying for attention) and came back pregnant.

I LOVE aliens, but I sat here while laughing and letting out a long stream of cursewords the second I saw that 'unexpected weight gain' moodlet. Four toddlers, one baby. This'll be fun. I know I can send it back to its homeworld, but where's the fun in that?

And, weirdly, even though mom is a witch only one out of the six kids was born one as well. i d e k.

Also! I happened to see a plane flying through the sky in a Sims world for the first time! It was kind of exciting.

I am not pretty. I am not beautiful. I am as radiant as the sun.

coming soon to a tumblr near you:
The Disney 10-Gen Legacy Challenge
Hunger Games Challenge
Field Researcher
#947 Old 19th Oct 2013 at 1:38 PM
My sim got his girlfriend pregnant (risky woohoo), I was hoping for a girl for them and what did I get, twin boys! I know you can influence the gender and all that but I prefer not to interfere and see what happens, adds a bit of excitement to the game I suppose. But now I'm in a dilemma whether to 'erase' one of the babies and turn the other one into a girl or leave it as a boy, or just go for it and keep the two boys. What will I do?? This is the first time I've let a sim have a baby in a loooooong time, one was bad enough but two babies...
Scholar
#948 Old 19th Oct 2013 at 6:06 PM
I haven't played any of my hoods save for Cloverfield and Dragon Valley in a while. In Cloverfield, one of my sims, Lady Blanca Conchita is cheating on her husband with an attractive and wealthy heir, and they'll be having a baby soon.
Instructor
#949 Old 20th Oct 2013 at 1:28 PM
I'm discovering new species.

Hehe, I was building in Armiel's Builder's Island DIY which is just a small and empty island, so paparazzi and wildlife always spawn near the lot you're building on and hang around like a bad stench, but this glorious thing happened today:

So naturally I had to edit him with MC to quickly make him into some sort of mystical being:

Don't ask about the poo smears and monobrow... all mystical creatures should have them.
Forum Resident
#950 Old 29th Oct 2013 at 8:22 AM
I sent my Sim, Arundel Crupp, to the future and what did he do when he got there? Well, he got out a towel, changed into his bathers and lay down to sunbathe. Of course, he is related to my huge disfunctional family the Crumbs, so what did I expect?
Page 38 of 162