Replies: 80 (Who?), Viewed: 6786 times.
Page 4 of 4
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#76 Old 30th May 2021 at 11:44 PM
Since I haven't had anything nice to say about pretty much anything all day...

I'm proud of The Boy. He does know this, but I felt compelled to post about something positive.

He has been a huge help around the house and yard. He didn't bat a eyelash this afternoon after I made the decision that the hostas in the front garden were no longer going to be deer food. I asked The Boy for help and he did exactly what I asked him to do. Moving hosta that are several years old is not easy. Doing so in the pouring rain, wind and what is now mud from 4 days worth of rain makes the task that much more less pleasant.

All of the big hostas are moved. They're not planted in their new spots, but since we have at least another 12-plus hours of rain coming, I'm not worried. All of their root balls are not going to dry out. If I find all the small hosta that I've planted recently being gnawed on, I'll move those. It will be easy as their small and they've only been in the ground for about a month in some cases.

Shower time. I'm soaked and covered in mud.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#77 Old 6th Jun 2021 at 1:16 PM
Not going to lie, it feels a little hellish outside and it's not even 8:30 AM yet, but I got all the outdoor and indoor plants watered. It was nice, there was very little noise. No talking heads on YouTube, nobody talking to me in person, road noise, ect... Outside the only thing I had to listen to was sassy chipmunks. I have no idea what they all pissed off about, but by the time I finished watering, they finished making their noise.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#78 Old 8th Jun 2021 at 10:33 PM
While I was putting things back from washing the floor downstairs, the phone rang. The free plants I was waiting to hear about are mine. From what I've been told, there are hosta that are 4-5 wide sitting the middle of the field that they will be plucked from this weekend.

I don't think these new editions will completely fill the new hosta garden, but they should take up a big chunk of 'real estate' in that area. Considering the amount of abuse these plants have taken over the past few years, they should settle in relatively quick once we get them in the ground in our backyard.
Mad Poster
#79 Old 12th Jun 2021 at 12:20 AM
Downloaded from the eShops a song I heard about from the official FB fansite from one of my favorite artists

(Only main reason I'm on FB is I'm in charge of contact with my family. Especially during this time when viruses are running rampant.)

Saw the accompanying music video.

Just jamming and saw Bambi II (working title: Bambi and the Great Forest Prince) which was decently put-together compared to direct to home videos made prior to it and the Great Forest Prince was voiced by none other than Sir Patrick Stewart! How cool he participated in it?

...and Flower was voiced by Nicky Jones, who played the eponymous role of Chowder in the 2007 cartoon.

I should be the only one to shine,
I am the Golden Queen of Shadow Galactica
(Translation of a line from image song Golden Queen Galaxia)
Mad Poster
#80 Old 18th Jun 2021 at 7:39 PM
Read an article that in spite of the surge of subscriptions for streaming services, DVD and Blu-Ray Disc are still being bought and still thriving. Just as there are vinyl junkies for audio, DVD and Blu-Ray Disc for video are still apparent. I, myself, am a woman with silver platters aplenty.

There's something about tangibility that electrifies my body, when I get something new in the mail.

BTW, for you Seinfeld fans, the series leaves in July from Hulu.

I should be the only one to shine,
I am the Golden Queen of Shadow Galactica
(Translation of a line from image song Golden Queen Galaxia)
Scholar
#81 Old 18th Jun 2021 at 9:18 PM
Got rained on while I was outside
Its the first time in months that I've seen any rain cos the weather was stupid.
Page 4 of 4