Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Dec 2022 at 11:58 AM
Default Looking for first Hot Date patch. (The broken one)
I'm reaching out here to see if anyone might have or know a location I can retrieve the first Hot Date patch. I've managed to only track down one mirror (TheSimsResource.com ), but it was removed from there and the official site too quickly for archive.org to pick up.

The only things I know about it is that it was named 'HotDatePatch.exe' and was slightly smaller than the 2.0 patch being roughly 3.4Mb. There was only a US release so the odds of finding it on any non-US websites is close to none and unfortunately news spread quickly how bugged it was so it is very difficult to find anything other than people complaining about it on groups.google.com.
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 12th Dec 2022 at 12:47 PM
I have no idea if this is the correct one, it's entitled HDPatch.exe and was in my folder of Sims 1 patches.
https://simfileshare.net/download/3590903/
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 12th Dec 2022 at 4:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by comradesean
I'm reaching out here to see if

The Sims Wiki has a Hot Date patch, but it's probably the non-bugged one.

Just out of curiosity, can we ask why you want it?

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 13th Dec 2022 at 3:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Corylea
The Sims Wiki has a Hot Date patch, but it's probably the non-bugged one.

Just out of curiosity, can we ask why you want it?

I'm working on a complete archive of all sims.com downloads that's fairly close to complete. Yeah, most locations right now are the 2.0 patch which has the filename HDPatch.exe and has some region variations such as HDPatch_Asia.exe, etc...