Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

TS2toTS3: Short Mop Hair (All Ages, Both genders!)

by HystericalParoxysm Posted 22nd Jul 2009 at 11:14 PM - Updated 23rd Jul 2009 at 3:39 PM by HystericalParoxysm

151 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 134 Feedback Posts, 16 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 7
Test Subject
#76 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 2:48 PM
Thanks SO much for this! It was one of my favorite hairstyles in TS2, and guys really needed some better hair options in TS3. Thanks!

Sim and let Sim...
Test Subject
#77 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 2:54 PM
Thank you for your wonderful work. =) And by the way, I really like the way this hair looks on females. It's very cute!
Test Subject
#78 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 2:57 PM
thankyou so much ,i appreciate it :D
Test Subject
#79 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 3:02 PM
at last some custom hair awsome many thanks keep m coming
Instructor
#80 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 3:23 PM
Thank you so much!!!
You truly are one of the TS3 pantheon!

request - TS2 to TS3 Flower Bun Hair , as seen here: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=100267

Not buying TS4 until Terrain Sculpting is back and cheatless Split Levels are added!
Here's an idea: Stairs Pitch Slider.
"...We've always been at war with EAstasia."
Lab Assistant
#81 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 4:12 PM Last edited by DreDo : 23rd Jul 2009 at 4:28 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
DreDo - 1 is male, teen through adult plus the textures. 2 is female, teen through adult. 3 is both genders, child, and 4 is both genders,; toddler. You -must- have file 1 as the rest are dependent on it, but 2, 3, and 4 are optional.

Ahh thanks. ^___^

Edit: I assume that applies to all your other hairs?
Test Subject
#82 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 4:16 PM
Thank you so much HP,your the best
Mad Poster
#83 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 4:22 PM
Loved this hair in Sims2...you are a goddess, HP!!!

BTW, how about your Kyra (sp?) hair? I love that one!!!!

Thanks!!
Lab Assistant
#84 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 4:42 PM
looks great! would you know how to create a mohawk? a real female mohawk with bangs and side burns would make me hysterically happy!!!!!!!
Test Subject
#85 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 6:58 PM
HP Thanks for the wonderful hairstyle! I was hoping a style like this would pop up sooner than later.

I did notice that there is a texture difference between the EA hairs and this one. The detail level of the fringe hairs (i.e. the bangs) doesn't have the same level of fineness. Perhaps because this is a TS2 port?

I suppose this is nitpicking -- however as I said at the onset, this style is great and I am enjoying using this one immensely as is! Keep up the great, pioneering work!
Top Secret Researcher
#86 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 7:07 PM
Wow. Your work is so good that it causes your name. :-)

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Lab Assistant
#87 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 7:21 PM
This looks great. Almost dead on my standard issue haircut for about 8 years. Thanks!
Top Secret Researcher
#88 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 7:37 PM
yay, i always loved that hairstyle! thanks!
Lab Assistant
#89 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 7:43 PM
Looking forward to many more wonderful downloads from you!
Lab Assistant
#90 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 8:10 PM
Thank you!!! Thanks, thanks, thanks!
I love it!^^
Test Subject
#91 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 11:25 PM
Great hair! More hair!
Lab Assistant
#92 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 1:04 AM
oh wow!

wee...

Thanks so much for these, your incredible!
Test Subject
#93 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 2:12 AM
HP, Ya did it again! A huge thank you for creating decent hair for the Sims3!
Lab Assistant
#94 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 4:44 AM
Yay HP! I was hoping this one was going to reappear in the base game, but no, EA left it out... Was I shocked, not really.

Thank you for making it!!

I can't wait to see more from you! Really, I CAN'T WAIT!!
Lab Assistant
#95 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 6:04 AM
Wow!
Thanks again HP!

Wow Your really popping these out aren't you.

Take that EA, who needs their stupid Store when we have MOD THE SIMS!

You guys RULE BIG TIME!

Love you guys! :lovestruc

Be A Leader Not A Follower, Live Outside The Box!
Top Secret Researcher
#96 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 6:17 AM
This looks better than it did in TS2! Great job.
Lab Assistant
#97 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 6:30 AM
More ethnic hair!
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
Fabulous! I love short hairstyles also, they are what I use mostly on my ethnic sims. Now I need to learn texturing so I can give it african american feel. Keep them coming!!

I would love more African American hair!

Maxis never gives us very good ones, and the ones in TS3 are just silly.

I would love some jerri curls and a big afro for both men and woman.

And braids too.

If anyone could do that I would be in heaven. :lovestruc

And I am white, so I know that white Sim players want more African American hair cuts too, as well as African American Sim players.

Sometimes maxis seems a little bigoted.

Be A Leader Not A Follower, Live Outside The Box!
Forum Resident
#98 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 9:43 AM
These are actually... Very pretty! :D
Thanks Paro!

Creator and owner of SimsShine
Instructor
#99 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 1:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dillowpillow
I don't know if it's because of my texture detail setting or what, but the textures to all of your hairs look really really blurry and soft compared to the textures on the hairs that came with the game.

Can you make the textures sharper in the future, or is this a limitation of converting the hairs from S2 to S3?

Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
dillowpillow - I've noticed with custom hair it can sometimes take a little longer for it to "pop in" with the full detail versions, but they look fine to me with everything turned up, and I do make sure to adjust things so there's not any blur on my textures. Try turning your texture and sim detail up in-game - I can't guarantee things will be properly filtered by the game's wonky graphics on lower settings.

Hi, I'm seeing a lot of blur on this hair too. My computer is brand new and top of the line, all my settings are as high as possible, and I have no problem running the game at all. I'm not seeing the blur on any of your other hairs, just this one. It's only noticeable when you try to add highlights or dye the tips etc. I took pictures (if you want links please PM me, I didn't PM you because your siggy says not to) but it should be easy to reproduce by using a dark base and white highlights.

Not buying TS4 until Terrain Sculpting is back and cheatless Split Levels are added!
Here's an idea: Stairs Pitch Slider.
"...We've always been at war with EAstasia."
Test Subject
#100 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 2:07 PM
DAmn I hate myself!......I hate myself!.... Please slap me if I'm asking too much but can you make a duplicate of SAU's replacement hair (make it "un-animee-fied" to avoid conflicts of ownership) make it a non-replacement and make sure that it works in game because the real SAU hair does not work in game for me.
Page 4 of 7