Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

TS2toTS3: Short Mop Hair (All Ages, Both genders!)

by HystericalParoxysm Posted 22nd Jul 2009 at 11:14 PM - Updated 23rd Jul 2009 at 3:39 PM by HystericalParoxysm

151 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 134 Feedback Posts, 16 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 7
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#101 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 2:09 PM
Anshin Lanugo - I've had to size the textures up from 512x512 to 1024x1024 so a bit of blurring is kind of unavoidable. It's not quite as noticeable in game as in CAS since everything blurs some in-game. Not much I can do about that without doing a full retexture, and at the moment, I just don't have the inclination to do so when I don't think it looks like a terribly blurry mess or anything.

meridianhawkins - I'm not going to modify anyone else's work. Delphy's hair tool will be out soon and they can do it themselves.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#102 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 5:12 PM
OMG! I love you! *hugs* I'm so unimpressed with the hair in Sims 3 and I, as a lark, come on here and there's hair! Really real hair! I'm so happy!!!

And it's one of my favorite styles that I used in Sims 2 *hugs* I love you so much!

O...and thanks :D
Test Subject
#103 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 8:41 PM
You are fantastic! I am anxiously waiting for you to get to the longer hairs, but I'll happily download the shorter ones in the meantime.

~~O criature sciocche, quanta ignoranza è quella che v'offende!~~
Test Subject
#104 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 5:51 AM
Love the hair, thanks very much, I've been waiting for more hair options since release! and now I know how to put my panties on too!
Field Researcher
#105 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 6:18 AM
*gasp* I got it. I'm...appalled at my silliness.

Thank you again!
Test Subject
#106 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 6:45 AM
Thank you so much for making these hairs easy to download. I am lame and can't figure out the peggy hair at all. I don't want to move files around since I have no Idea what I am doing. You made my day :O)
Lab Assistant
#107 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 4:31 PM
Thanks for bringing so many new hairstyles to the game! Can we expect to see your "Ceasar" hairstyle soon? Most of my male friends have haircuts very similar to that, and it's very difficult to find a suitable substitute.
Lab Assistant
#108 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 4:59 PM
Thank you so much! I agree the guys always seem to get the short end of the deal on hair.
Test Subject
#109 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 5:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SnowSong
Another great hairstyle! I'm not sure why you make the comment (as you did with the cherub hair) that some people like butch/trans girls. Girls can have short hair without looking butch. The comment is almost insulting to ladies who wear their hair very short. However, your hairstyles are awesome and I'm looking forward to seeing anything else you upload to Mod The Sims in the future. Great job!
I agree, I'm actually hoping on some even shorter hair for girls. The mop-top's really cute, I can't wait to put it on a new sim
Instructor
#110 Old 26th Jul 2009 at 3:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
Anshin Lanugo - I've had to size the textures up from 512x512 to 1024x1024 so a bit of blurring is kind of unavoidable. It's not quite as noticeable in game as in CAS since everything blurs some in-game. Not much I can do about that without doing a full retexture, and at the moment, I just don't have the inclination to do so when I don't think it looks like a terribly blurry mess or anything.

Okay, good to know. I was just mentioning it in case it was a problem. Glad to know it isn't. Thanks so much for all your creations. I'm a big fan of all your stuff ~ and this hair's my favorite!

Not buying TS4 until Terrain Sculpting is back and cheatless Split Levels are added!
Here's an idea: Stairs Pitch Slider.
"...We've always been at war with EAstasia."
Test Subject
#111 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 4:24 AM
Thank you, thank you, thank you!! Custom hair has always been one of my fave things in TS2, and males truly have the fewest options, it'll be nice to have them look better. Amazing work as always!!
Theorist
#112 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 6:36 PM
Quote:
Sometimes maxis seems a little bigoted.

I think they try so hard not to be bigoted that the end result makes it look like they are I am also white and I love playing with African-type Sims and I want them to have the hair and features to go with "who" they are! I also have quite a few relatives that are white with hair that looks like they descended from Africans, so yeah, frizzy (is there a better adjective I'm not thinking of here?) hairs are ALWAYS a huge hit in my game. Now, BACK to my original reason for posting!

HP, thank you so very much for going to all the work to fix up these hair styles! I opened CAS in TS3 and started looking at the guy hairs and found THREE, yes THREE hair styles for males that I will actually use with any regularity.

BTW, I stuck your Cherub hair on one of my little gals the other day and she looks absolutely adorable in it. She is a very feminine Sim of Middle-eastern, Afro descent and it is just perfect for her!
Test Subject
#113 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 7:38 PM Last edited by Margritli : 28th Jul 2009 at 9:51 PM.
Well, don't call me silly - but in my game the hair changes, when I go back with the camera. In a certain distance -plop- I have another hair. I can see the forehead where there were bangs before and at the sides of the face the hair is a little longer.
I have this problem with three different hairs (not MTS, one is Peggyzone and one child-hair at EinfachSimlisch). I can't describe exactly what it looks like, because I'm too far away and if I go closer -plop- I have your hair back. The cherub hair is wonderful. I have it for a teenage girl, as well as this one. Is there anything that can be done, Or is it only me who has this problem?
Instructor
#114 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 11:04 PM
HP I love your work. Could you by any chance upload the male model, he looks gorgeous! <3

Quote:
See, that's why you need to be more like me. It's pretty obvious that I'm a big, terrible, mean person. If somebody says I am a terrible, mean person, I will just grin evilly....and be mean to them! It's good to be bad. *J.M. Pescado*
Instructor
#115 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 9:39 AM
Thank you so very very much! I know it must not have been easy. Just out of curiosity, is the Mansion & Garden curly hair on the list of ones you are planning to do? If not, that's fine. I'm sure someone will do it eventually. Probably before the sims3 store comes out with anything.
Give Delphy a hug for me.
Lab Assistant
#116 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 8:28 PM
I love this hair so much, and it looks spectacular on my sims! Thank you so much. I'm also really excited that you plan to convert more hair, especially masculine/unisex hair. I look forward to seeing what you choose to convert next!
Test Subject
#117 Old 30th Jul 2009 at 11:44 PM
Bless You!
Test Subject
#118 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 2:44 AM
Thanks a ton for this! This was one of my favorite custom male hairs for TS2! Can't wait to use it! :D
Test Subject
#119 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 1:24 PM Last edited by Liso1966 : 3rd Aug 2009 at 1:26 PM. Reason: adding text
Simply. Thank you! :

Also, the panties instructions were a life saver! LOL
Test Subject
#120 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 4:44 PM Last edited by Schlichtinator : 6th Aug 2009 at 4:08 PM.
EDIT - Why does God hate Mac users?
Test Subject
#121 Old 11th Aug 2009 at 10:42 PM
Thanks! I really love this!

----------------------------------
Lindsay Penn
ChasingTaboo.com
Lab Assistant
#122 Old 12th Aug 2009 at 11:18 PM
Thank you. Very nice!
Instructor
#123 Old 15th Aug 2009 at 2:00 AM
can i request that you convert this sims 2 hair to the sims 3:
http://www.***/item/detail...1=1&page=1&key=
please reply soon so i will know wether you can do it or not. the problem is that i have a mac and can't download tools which can help me do this. please help. thank you
Test Subject
#124 Old 25th Aug 2009 at 2:48 AM
I used The Sims 2 version of this hairstyle quite a bit, I'm happy to see this. I love that you've make it for both sexes, more hair options. Thanks!
Test Subject
#125 Old 30th Aug 2009 at 12:33 AM
This is my fav hair for females. Thank you!
Page 5 of 7