Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Jun 2012 at 8:45 PM
Doing Maxis Recolors
So I am in a maxis recolor mood and I'm trying to do recolors of a YA dress into pastel recolors since the only two colors are with and brown. I did the usual export of textures in BodyShop, but I dont know if I should just recolor the dress or start from the maxis mesh. If I start from the mesh, I dont know how to and how to save it correctly so it appears in the game and so I can upload it to MTS2. Any feedback or help would be awesome =)
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 25th Oct 2012 at 5:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tcbandie10
So I am in a maxis recolor mood and I'm trying to do recolors of a YA dress into pastel recolors since the only two colors are with and brown. I did the usual export of textures in BodyShop, but I dont know if I should just recolor the dress or start from the maxis mesh. If I start from the mesh, I dont know how to and how to save it correctly so it appears in the game and so I can upload it to MTS2. Any feedback or help would be awesome =)

You could do both, if I get what you mean. You could change the color in photoshop in a way that it's pastel instead of white and brown. Or you could just make your own new texture based on the mesh. You could place your new textures over the original ones, so you can see where everything belongs and the way you want it. If you do make your own texture that has a different shape, don't forget to create a new matching alpha as well.

- You can make it appear ingame by clicking '"Export'' when you re-loaded your project in bodyshop -
- You can find your file in EA Games / The sims 2 / Savedsims / (7e50859_Your project name)

This ''7e50859'' can be different, but it's just a combination of numbers and letters and after that the name of your exported project.

Good luck!