Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No Sea Chanting, Please!

by Grapholina Posted 13th Dec 2007 at 10:21 PM - Updated 14th Dec 2007 at 1:12 PM by Grapholina

74 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 68 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 3
Test Subject
#51 Old 17th Mar 2008 at 8:35 AM
I think everyone already covered my thoughts on this! *laughs* It got to the point that if a family went on vacation, I would avoid learning the sea chanty at all costs! I had to create new neighborhoods just to get away from it. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!
Test Subject
#52 Old 23rd Mar 2008 at 11:00 PM
Graph, you saved my sanity. Sea Chanty was the most annoying thing in BV and this is the first one I've tried that actually works
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 4th Jun 2008 at 1:03 PM
Yes same here, two honeymoon sims learned the chanty now everyone is singing it all the time, normal conversation doesn't get a look in anymore, thanks for this.
Test Subject
#54 Old 29th Jun 2008 at 7:32 AM
Thank you!!! That was driving me *insane*!!!
Test Subject
#55 Old 3rd Jul 2008 at 5:03 PM
YOU RULE!!!!! My self-sim (and all her friends and family) were going mental from this song lol
Test Subject
#56 Old 19th Oct 2008 at 10:07 AM
Thanks for silencing them!! I already have the no tai chi hack, I wonder what's the next plague... Fire dancers perhaps??
Test Subject
#57 Old 20th Oct 2008 at 5:55 AM
All I can say is Thank YOU!! I was starting to dream about that stupid song and singing it myself!!!! Very annoying!!!
Test Subject
#58 Old 8th Jan 2009 at 5:18 PM
Oh, I feel your pain! LOL! Not only do my Sims sing it ad nauseum, but once that (and the nursery rhyme) get stuck in my head, it is so irritating!
Test Subject
#59 Old 14th Jan 2009 at 6:49 PM
THANK YOU! I had to hide my head in shame whenever my sims started autonomously singing the sea chantey. This is going to be a great addition to my game
Test Subject
#60 Old 13th Feb 2009 at 10:41 PM
I absolutely adore this mod. My Sims were driving me nuts, and all because I just wanted all of the vacation tokens/memories. Thank you!!
-Rachel
Test Subject
#61 Old 9th Apr 2009 at 7:20 AM
Yippee! Thank you! Auto Row-ho-ho is gonna go-go-go!
Test Subject
#62 Old 26th Apr 2009 at 7:51 PM
if I could thank you 3540643504230 and give you some cookies, I sooo would! thank you so much for this!!
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 23rd May 2009 at 10:39 PM
You are the biggest rock star on here! I had to re-install my EPs and start my families from scratch - I've got one family that has all the vacation memories except for the Sea Chantey because I can't STAND it! Now they can learn it again without me wanting to kill them - thanks SO MUCH!!
Test Subject
#64 Old 8th Sep 2009 at 3:01 PM
Thank you.... I don't like sea chanteys in public!! While im in Takemizu Village, (if you are playing Veronaville Neighborhood) Of course you are familiar with Demi Love and Carla McCullough . I invited this two in a vacation. There are singing n singing!
Test Subject
#65 Old 8th Sep 2009 at 3:04 PM
Sea chanteys are only in Twikkii Island! so you guard who is singing sea chantey in Takemizu and Three Lakes! Heeheee

Thanks...
Test Subject
#66 Old 18th Nov 2009 at 2:25 PM
Thank you for saving us xD
Test Subject
#67 Old 4th Jan 2010 at 12:12 AM
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!! Ugh I made the mistake of having my simself be the first one to learn the sea chanty (knowledge sim and all, pfft) and now whenever she's on a community lot or a party shes constantly dancing around and chanting like an idiot with her husband >.< and now the other sims in my neighborhood think shes gone mental haha. or worse, actually started dancing with her, at which point i would do a facepalm. XD
Test Subject
#68 Old 3rd Mar 2010 at 4:14 AM
I made the mistake of letting one sim learn the chanty. Now, nearly 85% of the neighborhood knows it, and just when they stop, they start again. It's past annoying. Thanks.
Quick question, is there also a mod for no autonomous Tai Chi? Because Lazlo is addicted to Tai Chi and only stops when i direct him to do something else.

Because i'm crazy. <3
Test Subject
#69 Old 29th Jun 2010 at 6:52 AM Last edited by Lovely2 : 29th Jun 2010 at 7:16 AM.
Ro Ho Ho a likadidadee sailing silver...
The sims act as though the sea chantey is hot, Not!!!
"Thanks A Billion".
retired moderator THANKS POST
Original Poster
#70 Old 27th Aug 2011 at 7:05 AM
I just wanted to thank everyone (even if belated) for all the nice comments and thanks. I loved doing this for everyone (and for me, too!). I never made the no tai chi mod because someone else had already created it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#71 Old 20th Apr 2013 at 6:14 AM
Pfft, Sea Chanty is nothing. I had the Goths go on vacation so I could enjoy their super-richness, and now thanks to Alexander my preferred University dorm is nothing but Slap Dance morning, noon and night.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#72 Old 23rd Oct 2015 at 2:27 PM
Am I the only person that LIKES the sea chantey?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#73 Old 25th Feb 2016 at 7:23 PM
You are my hero, and I don't say that lightly.
Instructor
#74 Old 18th Sep 2021 at 9:52 AM
my sims spend their lives singing this, it's horrible, I'm going to try it, hopefully it works, is there one for breakdancing? damn the time they learned it, tai chi doesn't bother me that much ..
Instructor
THANKS POST
#75 Old 18th Sep 2021 at 9:53 AM
thanks
Page 3 of 3