Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Site Helper
#1951 Old 8th Jan 2013 at 7:57 PM
Have you ever tried to wear a shirt with your wings poking through the back? It's much easier to just go bare-chested than it is to cut slits in it for the wings to go through.

(But balding?! I agree, that would have to go!

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#1952 Old 8th Jan 2013 at 8:30 PM
Should've kept it, missla! :X

At the very least it'd (hopefully) put Branch Timberley off him!
Forum Resident
#1953 Old 8th Jan 2013 at 10:14 PM
Hey, Branch Timberley's a stud muffin now. He's been hitting the gym.

The Overlord Legacy - Taking over the world one generation at a time.
The Addison House - The reality show where eight contestants are crammed in one haunted house to survive.
Mad Poster
#1954 Old 9th Jan 2013 at 3:08 AM
Shame about the lithp though. :X
Test Subject
#1955 Old 9th Jan 2013 at 7:53 AM
I started a new asylum challenge today, and of course, it only took four days for a massive inferno to erupt in the kitchen. I had my playable sim call the firefighters (after waking her up... she's a heavy-sleeper and would have otherwise slept through the entire building burning down around her), and then she went to join the OMGFIRE! party in the kitchen. Naturally, she was the only one who caught fire.

The firefighter eventually strolls in (after fighting his way through the crowd of townies gathered on the front porch to witness the train wreck), looks at my sim (who is still ablaze), thinks to himself, "Damn, she's HOT", and proceeds to... hit on her. While she is on fire. "Hey, I think we have a lot in common. We should go out." IS THIS REALLY A GOOD TIME?! Oh, he eventually pulls himself out of his love-struck stupor long enough to extinguish her at the last possible minute, but I think it's safe to say he's not getting her number. ...Yet another delightful example of the attraction system at work.

Oh, and I just got Supernatural, so that's been fun. I have to say, at least the zombies have the courtesy to ring the doorbell. I think I'm a lot less concerned for the zombie apocalypse now

My MTS Yearbook
“Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.” - Mark Twain
#1956 Old 9th Jan 2013 at 9:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BionixWV
I just HATE when taxis take shortcuts THROUGH the park itself.This bug happened several times last night in Sunset Valley.I had removed the default City Hall building before I got rolling along & replaced with one of the AIO Civic Centers,specifically the one from Moonlight Falls.Thereby allowing me to bulldoze the Military & Police lots. Well this copy of Central Park,where the pic is from,sits by the Space Port,where the old military base sat.This isn't the Festival Grounds park either by the way.So I'm guessing I caused this bug to happen?

I love that pic I cam imagine the sim passenger growling at the taxi driver "To Gypsy Rose's Caravan, James and don't spare the horses!' ...
Lab Assistant
#1957 Old 9th Jan 2013 at 10:27 PM
My self-sim bought a Spooky Shack with his tickets at the Fall Festival,& within 2 in-game days I had to put the shack in the family inventory as Bonehilda WOULD NOT leave the damn shack alone.She was visiting the shack more than anything else.
Screenshots

Sky Marshal Skittles to the rescue!

Causing havoc here at MTS since 2004
Top Secret Researcher
#1958 Old 10th Jan 2013 at 10:18 PM

From time to time, Judas Scumthorpe will make this face.

It is the best face.
#1959 Old 10th Jan 2013 at 10:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MinghamSmith

From time to time, Judas Scumthorpe will make this face.

It is the best face.

I am sure there is a cream on the market which would ease the angst in that face, Mingham. It's called Preparation H I think!
Mad Poster
#1960 Old 11th Jan 2013 at 2:35 AM
(First off, I want to say I'm not super freaking out over this or anything, I'm just amused that a design EA came up with backfired so miserably)

Went onto Facebook today. I have no life, therefore I play Simcity Social. Oh, new timed quest! Click. New NPC. Oh.

...Oh dear God. He looks astonishingly like two celebrity paedophiles. Called Roger. He has the hair and glasses of Jimmy Savile and the dress sense of Gary Glitter.

Time to evacuate the children.
Forum Resident
#1961 Old 11th Jan 2013 at 11:23 PM
Not so much the sims themselves... but it appears water in the game doesn't obey gravity. The centre of the rose garden is a little hill, with a puddle across it.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#1962 Old 12th Jan 2013 at 4:06 AM
I was curious how many people have built or modded lots with the "seasonal lot marker" . I've only modded two lots, the Maple Manor lot, & the Red Ridge Lodge hangout from Hidden Springs,both lots which I placed in Sunset Valley.

One Minute Ninja'd
#1963 Old 12th Jan 2013 at 4:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BionixWV
I was curious how many people have built or modded lots with the "seasonal lot marker" . I've only modded two lots, the Maple Manor lot, & the Red Ridge Lodge hangout from Hidden Springs,both lots which I placed in Sunset Valley.

i haven't built any, but I've modded the seasonal lots in both MF and Monte Vista (the one seasonal lot you can find on the exchange from one of the gurus who posted it). I haven't had any problems altering them. From your question, I gather you're having some issues with modding the lots. Or are you referring to modding a lot, not meant to be a festival lot, to rotate decor with the seasons?
Lab Assistant
#1964 Old 12th Jan 2013 at 4:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
i haven't built any, but I've modded the seasonal lots in both MF and Monte Vista (the one seasonal lot you can find on the exchange from one of the gurus who posted it). I haven't had any problems altering them. From your question, I gather you're having some issues with modding the lots. Or are you referring to modding a lot, not meant to be a festival lot, to rotate decor with the seasons?

I meant changing the decor & activities with the seasons,as in non festival. Only problem I've run into is buying the Spooky Shack at the festival,placing it on my sims residential lot,then Bonehilda going through the shack every hour.If she wasn't cleaning,she was touring the haunt.I finally said screw this,& placed the shack into the family inventory.Everything else has run smoothly.

Scholar
#1965 Old 12th Jan 2013 at 5:11 AM
It kind of makes sense for Bonehilda though. I mean if you were a skeleton maid stuck in a town full of mouth-breathing living folk and all of a sudden the LORD dropped a house full of other skeletons, ghosts and stuff on your property, wouldn't you want to spend your time there as well?

But seriously, is Bonehilda brave? I've seen the Brave medal icon next to Enter when you click on the shack with a Brave sim and that usually means sims with that trait will want to do it more than other things.
Lab Assistant
#1966 Old 12th Jan 2013 at 5:28 AM
Not so fast, Grimmie.
http://i.imgur.com/9cTor.jpg?1
Scholar
#1967 Old 12th Jan 2013 at 5:42 AM
In his defense, that's probably what I would say too if confronted by a girl with no pants on. :D
Lab Assistant
#1968 Old 12th Jan 2013 at 1:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fentonparkninja
It kind of makes sense for Bonehilda though. I mean if you were a skeleton maid stuck in a town full of mouth-breathing living folk and all of a sudden the LORD dropped a house full of other skeletons, ghosts and stuff on your property, wouldn't you want to spend your time there as well?

But seriously, is Bonehilda brave? I've seen the Brave medal icon next to Enter when you click on the shack with a Brave sim and that usually means sims with that trait will want to do it more than other things.

Every 3rd time Bonehilda went in,she'd end up as you saw her in the pic I posted, a black skeletal ghost lol.

Inventor
#1969 Old 12th Jan 2013 at 1:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nikkiforest99
Not so fast, Grimmie.

And look at her husband's mood and expression. I'd like to hear about the aftermath of this. Was there a big fight? And if so, who fought whom and who won?
Site Helper
#1970 Old 12th Jan 2013 at 3:23 PM
I don't know if this is for EA, or for the sim. (He is, after all, inappropriate.)

Background: I have an imp who is working on the Possession is Nine Tenths Lifetime want, which means no travel, and no changing households even for a moment. He is in the Criminal career as the Master Thief. (There is something wrong when the Master Thief can't break into a house, but a Private Investigator can.) His house is underground, but a lot of the stuff he has stolen is just scattered across the lot. Some of it, like the flagpole from in front of the school, doesn't fit inside. The fencepost lights can only be placed on a fence, and there was no good place to put a fence in his underground complex. The park benches outside are there because he had enough of them inside now. The flowers won't grow underground. And the statues are there partly because he had enough inside, and partly because when you arrange 5 park benches in a semicircle it looks better when they are facing something and he had enough of them facing the wedding arch (which he stole but is never likely to use because his romantic interactions seem to consist of flirting 3 times, and then implying their mother is a llama. For some reason this doesn't work very well.) Cars, of course, need to be able to get to the street. (Well, ok, in Sims 3 they teleport to the street, but they are sitting outside hidden in a small crater where the graves he stole from the cemetery are.) And the telescope doesn't work underground.

He got burgled. Three times. By the same burglar. All three times the same police officer showed up to arrest the burglar (Something else that's wrong...burglars really should be a part of the criminal career, shouldn't they?) The police officer never did recognize any of the stolen stuff on the lot, (Maybe he was being paid by the organization not to?) and proceeded to lose the fight with the burglar. (He decided that the next time the police wanted him to train them in martial arts, he would do it, and just give his own people even more training. This unlicensed thievery needs to be squashed!) This put the police officer in his relationship panel, and despite Ilimyon's best insults the guy kept calling him to chat. As long as they kept the conversation on the phone things were ok. They developed a reasonable friendship.

Ilimyon was searching the galaxy one day and found a yellow dwarf star, which he named. The game happily gave him a memory of naming the star after the police officer, despite the only similarity being that the names both started and ended with the same letters...

Then the police officer came over to visit. They had a nice conversation, with no insults. Then Ilimyon took the opportunity to tell his friend about the star named after him.

I wonder how pleased the police officer was when he discovered that the star "named after him" was named Dopey?

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
One Minute Ninja'd
#1971 Old 12th Jan 2013 at 4:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
I don't know if this is for EA, or for the sim. (He is, after all, inappropriate.)

Background: I have an imp who is working on the Possession is Nine Tenths Lifetime want......

Wait, now we have imps? When did imps get added as a new occult? And what are their special powers?
Lab Assistant
#1972 Old 12th Jan 2013 at 5:43 PM
So, in a previous family, my gardener Sim got one Life Fruit and stuck it in the fridge for later use. Well, it ended up being made into Life Fruit pancakes by the gardener's wife. Fair enough, Sim will choose the best fruit available, although it bummed me out that we would have a hard time finding one again.

Fast forward to this family. The gardener Sim planted the Life Fruit this time, and they have at least a dozen in the fridge, along with watermelon and grapes. This is a perfect opportunity to make Life Fruit pancakes! We have tons!

No. She makes Grape Pancakes. GAH!

Life Fruit Pancakes - delicious if the Sim shouldn't make them and does anyway. Grapes are better if the Sim has Life Fruit aplenty and clearly would rather just eat meager grapes.
Site Helper
#1973 Old 12th Jan 2013 at 5:48 PM
Hey, Supernatural has -nothing- on me! We've had imps, elves, fairies, weretigers, demons, etc. ever since Cmar made pointed ear sliders and I found lots of new really weird skin tones. I finally made my very first human sim a month ago, but I haven't played him yet.

Special powers: Hygeine, and energy are static, cheat to add enough aspiration points to buy the mood adjuster, teleportation pad and collection helper without having to earn the points for them, fun keeps getting raised for writing, (since he wanted to do it,) and now he's getting gems out of the brick breaker. Also, negative moodlets get clicked away after he's had them for more than an hour.

Edit: I just realized that Byron in Sims 2 was human... I think. I never decided if he was just a very charismatic young man or if there was a supernatural reason why every girl in town was in love with him. So I may be up to 2 human sims in my entire career now.

Here's a link to where I posted a picture of him http://customsims3.com/forums/threa...7.html#pid11407

#1974 Old 12th Jan 2013 at 6:07 PM Last edited by fairycake89 : 12th Jan 2013 at 6:24 PM. Reason: not finished waffling on
My dwarf, Thordin Strongtangle, Master Of Romance, furtive Miner and overt bust nuzzler extraordinare (he only comes up to the height of ladies busts, the frisky little sod) had a really bad day. He had curry and he got abducted ... Not at the same time of course.

However my main point is that curry makes dwarves get eaten by their chairs ...

Good news is, he's not preggo! My top tip for not wanting to get abducted is, don't actually desire to be abducted.
Screenshots
One Minute Ninja'd
#1975 Old 12th Jan 2013 at 6:11 PM
Oh, I can clearly see why every girl would be attracted to him. Those triple eyebrows are well known to be babe magnets.

How long has it been now since he broke up with Kim Kardashian? If she's really out of his system, I think Lindsey Lohan should be out of the courthouse around 4, just in case he wants to casually run into her.
Page 79 of 321