Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#8676 Old 2nd Nov 2019 at 1:08 PM
@AndrewGloria : WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS OF THE WORLD. Thank you for your support I thought the Bokke may win by 7, but the final score (32-12) was just WOW

The Springbok is indeed a kind of antelope, quite small and extremely quick. (Pic attached for you)! (And we have a women's national soccer team as well, called Banjana Banjana (the GIRLS) just as our men are called Bafana Bafana (the BOYS)) - but we are just better at rugby. I will support Gloria's team in Veronaville now.

I would have loved to be good in sport, but I am a bit slower than I look (which is a bit slow too )

Oh, did I mention that WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS OF THE WORLD?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Inventor
#8677 Old 3rd Nov 2019 at 1:19 AM
That moment when your Sim was unfortunate enough to catch influenza from work, and it's a 1% chance according to the Sims Wiki. Well, seeing as it is currently winter in my game, catching the flu now makes sense.

I remember when I had my first flu, which was in late April after most everyone else had theirs earlier in the semester. It was also on the most important week of the school year when those big assessment tests occurred. Sure am glad they allowed me to take them the following week after I recovered.

Check out my profile for homes and community lots ready for download: My Homes and Stuff
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8678 Old 3rd Nov 2019 at 1:27 AM
Congratulations Justpetro! I'm glad your team won. The BBC says that people are celebrating wildly all over South Africa. Gloria and Andrew were a little disappointed at Wales losing the third place play-off to New Zealand, but they send their good wishes to @Charity and trust that she'll be happy at that result.

I think you can judge how good I was at sport by my one and only appearance for my school as a 12-year-old -- purely because I was the only First Year boy they could find still in school at twenty to four on a Friday afternoon. I know I didn't want to spend my Saturday mornings playing rugby, so I was really quite glad I wasn't good enough to make the team regularly. But somehow being picked that once, despite the circumstances, did considerably boost my self-confidence.

Gloria and Andrew are a lot more interested in sport than I've ever been, and they're much better at it too. Gloria of course is a professional, but even Andrew plays football for his school -- the first team, not the 20th team like I once played -- 1 game -- for! When I watch them working out with Gloria's punch-bag, I know I wouldn't want to pick a fight with either of them!!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#8679 Old 3rd Nov 2019 at 7:37 AM Last edited by Justpetro : 3rd Nov 2019 at 8:21 AM.
@Charity - knowing the All Blacks, I realise that they will not regard the bronze medal as good enough, but they were absolutely magnificent in wearing those medals with pride. They backed the Bokke and sent a very nice message of congratulations as well : " You are our fiercest opponents on the field, but always our friend off it." And while I like Wales, I had to back the All Blacks for the bronze medal, because, like us, they are from the Southern Hemisphere! They do tend to feel like that family member who tries to outshine everyone and normally succeeds to most of us

Celebrations in my country are wild and very happy. A win means a lot to all South Africans, and sometimes, a win is needed to lift the spirit of a country instead of only lifting a world cup. It is hard to explain, but nobody could have beaten the Springboks yesterday - they lifted their game to a level where they have not been before, and I don't think they have ever played better. We needed it and we will try to build on it in every sphere of our existence.

This is our third World Cup final and win, which means we are now level with the All Blacks, 3 world cups each, and the first time the Bokke have scored a try in a final (actually, they scored 2); no team has scored a try against SA in the final yet and we won against England in 2007 and against the All Blacks in 1995, for those who care about background and useless facts

As for boosting the confidence, I know what you mean as well, @AndrewGloria - my day was absolutely made when I was picked as a reserve for the relay once - of course - or perhaps fortunately for the relay team - I did not get to run, but I was definitely feeling good about myself. It was the D-team or something lower, but I did not care about that

If I was a creator of sims, I would have attempted to make our rugby team - haha! I think I will name some Sims in my game after our players, though!

I think, @AndrewGloria, what you,Andrew and Gloria may have enjoyed the most was our Faf de Klerk, in his SA flag speedo, shaking hands with Prince Harry when he visited the Bokke to congratulate them in their changing room The prince also accepted a beer from the Bokke The rest of the team was dressed more appropriately
Screenshots
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8680 Old 3rd Nov 2019 at 12:02 PM
Faf de Klerk looks like he'd fit in well in our downtown Veronaville. If he ever comes to visit, Andrew says he and Julian will keep Mrs Crumplebottom at bay.

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Mad Poster
#8681 Old 3rd Nov 2019 at 4:50 PM
I am sure Faf will appreciate that Mrs C should perhaps be informed, before Faf visits, that we have a new word around here for the height of coolness: Faf-cool
Mad Poster
#8682 Old 3rd Nov 2019 at 4:57 PM
I'm not sure she posted here, but FranH posted in the general threads that she lost her husband Thursday. Let's all remember her in our thoughts and prayers.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#8683 Old 5th Nov 2019 at 3:24 PM
Me, when looking at other Simmer url-uploaded stock images, that either are from an outdated/no-longer-functioning image hosting site, or one that requires to be signed in on it:

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Forum Resident
#8684 Old 5th Nov 2019 at 4:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
I'm not sure she posted here, but FranH posted in the general threads that she lost her husband Thursday. Let's all remember her in our thoughts and prayers.

Oh, that's awful. Much love to her and her folks.

You can call me Diddy (or Eve, if you want to go by my real name) :)
My Simblr is simping-simmer. Come and join me there for a chat!
You can also find me on the MTS or PBK Discord servers under the name 'Evenfall'.
Want to know the latest news in Carregffynon? Click here!
Mad Poster
#8685 Old 6th Nov 2019 at 11:45 PM
I kinda love that one of Mootilda's uploads is actually trending on the TS2 front page right now...

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Forum Resident
#8686 Old 7th Nov 2019 at 4:43 AM
Me renovating an apartment lot: "Ugh I don't know why I arranged the staircases like that, it's so ugly."

Me after spending 2 hours trying 80 different arrangements to make the staircases look better and realizing none of them do: "Oh. That was why."
Scholar
#8687 Old 9th Nov 2019 at 5:49 AM
Do Sims give birth from their heads, like Zeus? I mean, they do it fully clothed, and then the baby drops down into their arms . . .
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8688 Old 9th Nov 2019 at 6:36 AM
I thought they gave birth from their plumbobs, certainly alien babies come out of a little door there.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#8689 Old 9th Nov 2019 at 11:50 AM
I'm more proud of creating sims that look like rather plain and ordinary looking people than I am of making pretty ones.

The Mayflies Legacy- a Random Legacy Story
Top Secret Researcher
#8690 Old 9th Nov 2019 at 12:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I thought they gave birth from their plumbobs, certainly alien babies come out of a little door there.

So if you use plumbbobtoggle just before birth they have to do a p-section.

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8691 Old 9th Nov 2019 at 8:17 PM
When I used Google today I came across this graphic (I believe it's called a Google Doodle) to commemorate the 30th anniversary of the fall of the Berlin Wall.

I don't know what other people think, but I think they look rather like Sims!
Screenshots

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Inventor
#8692 Old 10th Nov 2019 at 4:09 AM
That moment when the instant one Sim (whether currently playable or CPU) commits a negative interaction with another, it could easily snowball from there. I usually attempt turning it around if it's between a CPU and a playable, especially if the playable is a good witch and has Mactoamicus.

Check out my profile for homes and community lots ready for download: My Homes and Stuff
Mad Poster
#8693 Old 10th Nov 2019 at 2:15 PM
As I excitedly downloaded the new horsies, I was thinking of all the amazing and wonderful additions that have been made to my beloved game. I began to envision someone who was in on the making of the series wandering around the web and stumbling across some of the new treasures that we have and the new game play that has been developed. how surprised they would be !!!!

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#8694 Old 11th Nov 2019 at 3:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
Congratulations Justpetro! I'm glad your team won. The BBC says that people are celebrating wildly all over South Africa. Gloria and Andrew were a little disappointed at Wales losing the third place play-off to New Zealand, but they send their good wishes to @Charity and trust that she'll be happy at that result.

Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
@Charity - knowing the All Blacks, I realise that they will not regard the bronze medal as good enough, but they were absolutely magnificent in wearing those medals with pride. They backed the Bokke and sent a very nice message of congratulations as well : " You are our fiercest opponents on the field, but always our friend off it." And while I like Wales, I had to back the All Blacks for the bronze medal, because, like us, they are from the Southern Hemisphere! They do tend to feel like that family member who tries to outshine everyone and normally succeeds to most of us

*fails to notice tagged messages in inbox and misses posts*

I'm glad that the All Blacks were good sports over the medals and were supportive. England really were assholes. Congratulations on the win!

I remind Andrew that he's supposed to be Scottish. Sadly (Dad is Scottish) they just missed out on making it to the quarter finals.

Japan deserved it though. They were also brilliant hosts.

Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77

For non alien babies the adult's plumbob splits into two, which is cute.

As I excitedly downloaded the new horsies

New horsies? :O
Mad Poster
#8695 Old 11th Nov 2019 at 4:19 PM Last edited by smorbie1 : 11th Nov 2019 at 5:04 PM.
lauratje86 posted about them on the new things I found thread. If you've never been there, check it out. Your downloads folder will curse you for it.

http://www.medievalsims.com/forums/...p?f=240&t=10311

Theorist
#8696 Old 11th Nov 2019 at 9:33 PM
I'm kinda really burned out on playing Sims lately. I wish I could get back into it, but nothing I try works...

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Scholar
#8697 Old 12th Nov 2019 at 1:31 AM
@Orphalesion This is something we talk a lot about in sewing/knitting groups as "sewjo" or "knitting mojo" The most common advice is to just do something else. If the sims aren't stirring your creative juices lately, go play a different game or start a new show, something will spark interest for you and you'll find yourself thinking "What if..." and you'll be back. If you just want to do something, reorganize your CC and your mods, play around in bodyshop. Maybe try messing around with an aspect of the game you don't normally do like recolors or meshing. Even if you don't identify as artistic you've probably thought, "I wish I had this in red."

The Mayflies Legacy- a Random Legacy Story
Mad Poster
#8698 Old 12th Nov 2019 at 1:55 AM
I bought this game the first day it came out and I've never yet tired of it so I don't have any real advice.

Mad Poster
#8699 Old 12th Nov 2019 at 2:21 AM
lauratje86 posted about them on the new things I found thread. If you've never been there, check it out. Your downloads folder will curse you for it.

http://www.medievalsims.com/forums/...p?f=240&t=10311

That is why I made a vow never to go there. XD
Mad Poster
#8700 Old 12th Nov 2019 at 4:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
I'm kinda really burned out on playing Sims lately. I wish I could get back into it, but nothing I try works...

I walked away completely for three months once. Then, one day, wanted to play and check MTS again and everything. I wondered if I would want to play again, and figured I wouldn't delete it or anything, just leave it alone, and if I didn't, I didn't, and if I did, I'd have it.

People here probably thought I'd died or something, if they noticed I was gone. Be a better person than I am, tell us you're taking a break. Though I hadn't meant to take a break from here when I did . . .

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Page 348 of 511