Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
#11726 Old 28th Jan 2023 at 6:26 PM
Sometimes when I get the pink flashing, i like to do chaos in the family before I quit the game. Like, kill off sims, make them enemies with each other and fight. One of these times I'm going to accidentally save...

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Advertisement
Inventor
#11727 Old 29th Jan 2023 at 3:21 AM
The flies on waste. What the hell. If I leave an empty dish on the counter, it would dry up within an hour and not grow anything radioactive. Fruit flies also wouldn't be attracted to it immediately if it was not kept wet or not sweet. If flies did come, it wouldn't be as simple as washing the item to get rid of them. They'd be like the roaches, but in the house not near the mailbox. Only if we already had the insects, they would come and infest other dirty items.

Then I noticed flies on a baby too. Not after he's been with full pants for a day, but almost immediately. We are in the middle of a winter, not on the Island. There are no flies around.

It's not on my queue for modding. Can't change everything.
Mad Poster
#11728 Old 29th Jan 2023 at 4:03 AM
Babies with fewer than three Neat points get flies when their diaper needs changing. So consider yourself warned! And the green glow on plates, trash, etc., isn't radioactivity; it's a head's up that nasty bacteria have taken over and disease consequences can be expected. Remember time runs differently, so those dishes have been there longer than you think.

It's a game, a life simulator, not real life. We all have different levels of preferred realism; but ultimately you have to accept a certain amount of stylization of experience in order to play at all.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Inventor
#11729 Old 29th Jan 2023 at 4:42 AM
Oh yeah, he has 1 point of neatness after his mother. Today I discovered that it is possible to fill one's pants neatly. I think the green vapors would be enough, like with adults. Dishes usually do give off some smell, even when dry. What would be nice if the youngster's neatness and other traits would adjust depending on how he is raised. But because of the fast pace of time it doesn't seem practical to get a significant number of influential interactions.

Flies, omg: https://i.imgur.com/KVTlhiO.jpg
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#11730 Old 29th Jan 2023 at 10:51 AM
I always thought the green was stink, and I love it! It's one of the hilarious parts of Sims 2, everyone can see when you are a dirty minger or when you fart. No SBVs (silent but violent) allowed!
@jonasn That toddler has smart milk radioactivity, means he's super brained for as long as it lasts!
Inventor
#11731 Old 29th Jan 2023 at 10:58 AM
Yes, I now have to time the feeding right because I fixed the flaw of the smart milk lasting indefinitely. I refered to the stink as radioactivity because of how overly nasty it looks, and the association with green in popular culture. The stink vapors are ok. It's the flies I have a problem with. Only time I had fly infestation in real life was from watery house plants and fresh peels.
Mad Poster
#11732 Old 29th Jan 2023 at 2:52 PM
It seems quite realistic to me, aside from the fact flies do not usually appear in the winter, I have found that in summer flies will be attracted to left-out food and dirty diapers (or something like a dog poo bin). They don't usually cause an infestation as long as the offensive (to us, attractive to flies!) item is cleared away. They just get bored and fly outside again. Perhaps this depends on climate?

I find the flies nasty, especially the particularly gruesome death-by-flies, but it creates a useful aesthetic if you have a very sloppy sim or just don't let them clear up.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#11733 Old 29th Jan 2023 at 7:01 PM
It's nice when I have a burst of inspiration for some new project, except since I know it's unlikely to last indefinitely, I feel like I have to really rush to take advantage of it while it lasts and end up ignoring other things I need to do... like IRL laundry.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Instructor
#11734 Old 29th Jan 2023 at 7:06 PM
I don't know where to put this but I made AI generate this story:

"The players start off in their respective Sims world, The Sims 2, The Sims 3, and The Sims 4. Each world is unique and has its own characters and stories. Suddenly, a strange phenomenon occurs and the three Sims worlds merge into one. All the characters from The Sims 2, The Sims 3, and The Sims 4 are now living in the same world, but they are not sure how or why this happened.

The player, who is playing as a character in one of the Sims worlds, soon realizes that they must solve this mystery and find a way to separate the worlds again. They embark on a journey to find answers, and along the way, they encounter characters from all three Sims worlds. The player must interact with these characters and gather information about the strange phenomenon that merged the worlds together.

As the player progresses, they learn that a mysterious being with immense power is behind the merging of the worlds. This being is using the Sims as pawns in its quest for ultimate power and control. The player must find a way to stop this being and separate the Sims worlds before it's too late.

The player must use their creativity, strategy, and problem-solving skills to navigate this new world and save all the Sims from the grasp of the mysterious being. Will the player be able to save the Sims and separate the worlds before it's too late? The Sims Collide: A Tale of Three Worlds and a Quest for Unity is a thrilling journey of discovery and adventure."
Mad Poster
#11735 Old 29th Jan 2023 at 8:21 PM
I did this as well in Chat GPT-

"Arundel is a medieval town in Sims 2. what is the plot?"

Quote:
"The plot of the Sims 2 medieval town of Arundel is not specified in the game. Players are free to create their own stories and experiences for their Sims in the town. The setting is a medieval kingdom with castles, knights, and other elements of medieval life, but the player can shape the gameplay as they choose."

Then it gave me the step by step instructions on how to play it!
Pretty cool AI!

"What would be a good starting in Arundel?"

Quote:
"When starting in the medieval town of Arundel in Sims 2, some ideas to get you started could be:

Create a Sim character and customize their appearance, personality, and life goals.

Explore the town and its surroundings, getting to know the different places, people, and events that take place in Arundel.

Build a house or choose an existing one to live in, decorating it with furniture and items that suit your Sim's lifestyle and personality.

Pursue your Sim's aspirations and life goals, such as getting a job, building relationships, and acquiring wealth and status.

Participate in medieval events and activities, such as jousting tournaments, feasts, and festivals.

Interact with other Sims in Arundel, forming alliances, making friends, and perhaps finding love.

Build and upgrade your home, creating a castle or a cozy cottage, and making it comfortable and attractive for your Sim and any guests.

Visit the various shops, inns, and taverns in Arundel to buy items, have fun, and make new friends.

This is just a starting point, as the possibilities in Arundel are endless, and you can create your own story as you play."

I think the AI knows what Sims 2 is. It correctly named the pixels and the topology of the game.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Instructor
#11736 Old 29th Jan 2023 at 10:12 PM
That's very cool!

I also made it make a theory.

"The Sims 2 is a popular life simulation video game released in 2004 by Maxis and Electronic Arts. One theory about the game is that it's a simulation of a virtual world created by a superior species as an experiment to study human behavior and emotions. This theory suggests that the Sims are not just computer-generated characters, but are actually conscious beings living in a simulated reality.

Some players of the game have noticed that their Sims exhibit strange and seemingly random behaviors, such as waking up in the middle of the night to stare at a wall, or randomly laughing for no apparent reason. This has led some to believe that the Sims are being controlled by a higher power, or that the game is actually a form of artificial intelligence.

Others have pointed out that the game's design and features, such as the intricate relationships between Sims and their ability to have children, are too advanced to be just a simple game. This theory has created a lot of speculation and discussion among fans of the game, and has even inspired some to create mods and modifications to explore this idea further.

Overall, while the theory about the Sims 2 being a simulated reality created by an alien species is just speculation, it has added an interesting layer of depth to the game for many players."
Forum Resident
#11737 Old 30th Jan 2023 at 10:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LiliLiliLili
That's very cool!

I also made it make a theory.

"The Sims 2 is a popular life simulation video game released in 2004 by Maxis and Electronic Arts. One theory about the game is that it's a simulation of a virtual world created by a superior species as an experiment to study human behavior and emotions. This theory suggests that the Sims are not just computer-generated characters, but are actually conscious beings living in a simulated reality.

Some players of the game have noticed that their Sims exhibit strange and seemingly random behaviors, such as waking up in the middle of the night to stare at a wall, or randomly laughing for no apparent reason. This has led some to believe that the Sims are being controlled by a higher power, or that the game is actually a form of artificial intelligence.

Others have pointed out that the game's design and features, such as the intricate relationships between Sims and their ability to have children, are too advanced to be just a simple game. This theory has created a lot of speculation and discussion among fans of the game, and has even inspired some to create mods and modifications to explore this idea further.

Overall, while the theory about the Sims 2 being a simulated reality created by an alien species is just speculation, it has added an interesting layer of depth to the game for many players."

In my neighborhood, Service Area, this idea is explored. Although in a very subtle way. I also apply it to the real world.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11738 Old 31st Jan 2023 at 12:49 PM
When typing a post in another thread here, my spell-checker suggested a word which is new to me: "Gaybourhood". I can't help thinking that our Veronaville should qualify, especially downtown Veronaville, where about 85% of the population is gay, lesbian or bi! (I can never decide whether I should spell "Downtown Veronaville" with or without a capital "D". I suppose I should ask Julian, seeing that he won the SimCity Spelling Bee.) Unlike many Real Life Gaybourhoods, downtown Veronaville still has affordable house prices. It really is a great place to live, especially if you're LGBTQ! I know I'd like to live there -- maybe moved in with Chester Gieke, with whom you probably remember Andrew once paired me up in a daydream!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Instructor
#11739 Old 1st Feb 2023 at 11:54 AM
Since when did sex related mods like Wicked Whims become so popular among Sims 4 players? I know that those graphic 18+ mods were available in older games but I don't remember them being so popular and talked about. I feel like it was kinda stigmatized and only available on sketchy sites in the past. Is it because Sims 4 is way too family so players want a little bit of spice, while Sims 2 had all kinds of interactions by default? I know it's a weird question I'm just being curious.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#11740 Old 1st Feb 2023 at 12:27 PM
I remember back in the early days of Sims 2, there were lots of mods and CC related to adult themes... Insimenator created an adult site, and so did MTS, so that's where all that went. It was talked about and requested a lot on here!
Mad Poster
#11741 Old 1st Feb 2023 at 1:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
I remember back in the early days of Sims 2, there were lots of mods and CC related to adult themes... Insimenator created an adult site, and so did MTS, so that's where all that went. It was talked about and requested a lot on here!

And we won't forget that our much-vaunted Chris Hatch was on another site that produced sexy stuff. That's just about where he got his modding bones.

Also that a lot of people downloaded it, too.

Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
Forum Resident
#11742 Old 1st Feb 2023 at 3:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by moonlight__
Since when did sex related mods like Wicked Whims become so popular among Sims 4 players? I know that those graphic 18+ mods were available in older games but I don't remember them being so popular and talked about. I feel like it was kinda stigmatized and only available on sketchy sites in the past. Is it because Sims 4 is way too family so players want a little bit of spice, while Sims 2 had all kinds of interactions by default? I know it's a weird question I'm just being curious.

Without knowing much about the subject, I think it's because it's easier to do these types of animations with the technology of the sims 4 + current technology. Back in the day all attempts at fan made animation looked weird and stiff. xD I still miss the "stand s**" mod XD it was like a quick wohoo and was fun to use with sims with romantic aspirations.
Instructor
#11743 Old 1st Feb 2023 at 3:56 PM
All of that makes sense. I was a 5th grader that was repulsed by that kind of CC (thank God) and would exit from remotely sexual CC, so I thought that it was unpopular in general. My friend, a pure soul, bought me a Sims 2 Erotic Dreams unofficial EP for my 10th birthday thinking it had cute swimsuits and CAS stuff that go with Bon Voyage. My mom found it hilarious and we returned it the next day for Seasons.
Mad Poster
#11744 Old 1st Feb 2023 at 4:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by moonlight__
All of that makes sense. I was a 5th grader that was repulsed by that kind of CC (thank God) and would exit from remotely sexual CC, so I thought that it was unpopular in general. My friend, a pure soul, bought me a Sims 2 Erotic Dreams unofficial EP for my 10th birthday thinking it had cute swimsuits and CAS stuff that go with Bon Voyage. My mom found it hilarious and we returned it the next day for Seasons.

Where did he get that?

I don't recall ever seeing an "Erotic Dreams" EP (official or unofficial) ever any where.

Probably you're thinking of Chris Hatch's "Angels' and Nurses" but it was never allowed to be sold. You had to download it from the site where his downloads are. I have it, and I just found it on the internet.

He also did another one but I'm not going to write the name, and people who know what it is, would remember.

Scholar
#11745 Old 1st Feb 2023 at 4:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
Where did he get that?

I don't recall ever seeing an "Erotic Dreams" EP (official or unofficial) ever any where.

Probably you're thinking of Chris Hatch's "Angels' and Nurses"

A&N is the family friendly version of T&A. made because of all the features in his mod that were useful and lumped into tge distasteful version.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#11746 Old 1st Feb 2023 at 5:43 PM
Where did he get that?

It was an unofficial thing, a Russian website released it if I remember correctly- it had packaging and was sold (illegally) in physical format. I can't link to it (not PG13) but if you put the title into a search engine you'll be able to find places advertising it, or where you can torrent it from.
I have no idea who made the mods involved in it (possibly stolen from other creators? Who knows), or what the EP requirement is. Test at your own risk!
Instructor
#11747 Old 1st Feb 2023 at 11:18 PM
Where did he get that?

Probably you're thinking of Chris Hatch's "Angels' and Nurses" but it was never allowed to be sold. You had to download it from the site where his downloads are. I have it, and I just found it on the internet.

He also did another one but I'm not going to write the name, and people who know what it is, would remember.

She bought a cracked version in my local music store that happened to sell some bootleg video games. I barely found on the internet how the gameplay looks and good God... It's basically a separate game with mods that probably exist on the internet. I bought my first sims games there for 2 dollars not knowing they were cracked then found out my local toy store started selling legit versions.
Mad Poster
#11748 Old 2nd Feb 2023 at 1:32 PM
For the most part in my games, I redo and rebuild houses to fit my game-usually to a degree where the original house no longer even resembles the one I downloaded.

But in my modern game (in the new town) I installed one house and I find that I don't have to replace nearly everything in the house to make it playable, and in fact, it's working better than i thought it would.

And that's a good thing, too. When I had to fix my game I dumped out all of the houses I had been using, and only restored my community lots for use.
So it's the Maxis houses and that one house in the lot bin. - quite a break from my usual 200+ houses to pick from. Kind of a relief, too.

Mad Poster
#11749 Old 2nd Feb 2023 at 11:56 PM
Every so often I'll go back and watch some of the old EP or SP trailers on YouTube and it always astonishes me that EAxis seems to have recorded them on the lowest possible settings! Like, I get that in 2007 or whenever, that was probably what most people would see when they played, but there's no way they couldn't have used the higher settings with advertisements!

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
#11750 Old 3rd Feb 2023 at 8:35 PM
I've got builds in progress in my Pleasantview game and the one with the most progress is the communtity service center.The homestead looks like the family is living outdoors for a while like the colonial settlers did for a while on arrival as they didn't have homes already built when arriving to establish their new colonies.
Page 470 of 515