Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jul 2015 at 8:08 AM
Default Is this object allowed?
I've read the creator guidelines, and I can't tell if my object is breaking the rules or not, this section is important

Uploads not allowed on MTS

Unmodified EP/SP/Store content: While it is common practice to modify and use bits and pieces of game content to create custom content, extracting content from an expansion, stuff pack, or Store item and uploading it unmodified is not allowed on this site. You are welcome to upload significantly modified versions of expansion, stuff pack, or Store content, but you can't just be ripping it and changing one tiny thing (or nothing) just so people who didn't purchase it can still use it.

I've modified the booking station from GTW and made it a decorative height measuring thing and removed the actual booking station functionality and machine, is it allowed? I've attached pictures of the original one and my modified one.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#2 Old 9th Jul 2015 at 8:17 AM
I'd say that's significantly modified from the original because it's just decorative now, with none of the original's functions. So I don't see why it shouldn't be allowed.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Jul 2015 at 9:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mustluvcatz
I'd say that's significantly modified from the original because it's just decorative now, with none of the original's functions. So I don't see why it shouldn't be allowed.
Thanks, but I'll wait until I get plasticbox's approval.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#4 Old 9th Jul 2015 at 10:39 PM
Ideally you could reference the textures to the original object, that would save some redundancy (and also make it GtW-only as a side effect) -- but since the mesh is already very different, I think it would be OK to upload even so, for the reasons already mentioned. (Note I'm not one of the queue moderators, they have the last say in that regard =)

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.