Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Feb 2021 at 12:53 AM
Default Game Crashes when Attempting to Enter Lot with No Custom Content
My game crashes when attempting to enter gissence's "Font Hill" lot at the link below .. it abruptly crashes after only briefly loading .. the lot itself has no custom content but its floor elevation appears to have been modified to create a unique waterfall effect .. the creator seems to have retired from The Sims 2 a while ago and has been inactive for sometime now so contacting them would be futile .. I've only been able to successfully enter the lot once in the past in a different neighborhood .. so perhaps the lot has to be placed at a specific location in a particular type of neighborhood that doesn't conflict with the architecture, geography, or landscape of the lot .. but I've exhausted all options and seeking assistance .. can anyone test this lot or explain what might be causing the conflict and what can be done to make the lot accessible .. thank you !

https://www.thesimsresource.com/art...hill/id/857472/
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 20th Feb 2021 at 5:17 AM
Do you have all EPs/SPs? This lot looks like it's made with AL and M&G, and if you don't have those, the lot will most likely crash. Could also happen if you lack other EPs the lot is made with. SPs shouldn't matter too much (except M&G, which is considered to be more of a "mini-EP").
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Feb 2021 at 5:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Do you have all EPs/SPs? This lot looks like it's made with AL and M&G, and if you don't have those, the lot will most likely crash. Could also happen if you lack other EPs the lot is made with. SPs shouldn't matter too much (except M&G, which is considered to be more of a "mini-EP").

I have the Ultimate Collection which includes all expansion and stuffs packs ..
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 20th Feb 2021 at 6:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by marcusharding15
My game crashes when attempting to enter gissence's "Font Hill" lot at the link below .. it abruptly crashes after only briefly loading .. the lot itself has no custom content but its floor elevation appears to have been modified to create a unique waterfall effect .. the creator seems to have retired from The Sims 2 a while ago and has been inactive for sometime now so contacting them would be futile .. I've only been able to successfully enter the lot once in the past in a different neighborhood .. so perhaps the lot has to be placed at a specific location in a particular type of neighborhood that doesn't conflict with the architecture, geography, or landscape of the lot .. but I've exhausted all options and seeking assistance .. can anyone test this lot or explain what might be causing the conflict and what can be done to make the lot accessible .. thank you !

https://www.thesimsresource.com/art...hill/id/857472/

You are taking a risk downloading lots from TSR, and even more so being an old lot.

I would suggest cleaning it first. https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=609188 scroll down for method two. You will need simPE, the Lot Compressor and Chris Hatch's add on to that program.
If after that you can load the lot, also use his lot cleaner globe on it. https://simfileshare.net/folder/22477/

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#5 Old 20th Feb 2021 at 7:03 AM
For me lot loads and is playable. I think OP has not enough good PC for it. There is no need in any kind of landscape.
Luckily my sim has nature hobby.
Screenshots
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#6 Old 20th Feb 2021 at 11:02 AM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
  • General - Post System Specs
    We need more information before we can help with your issue.
    • Please post a Quick summary of your System Specs
      Instructions on finding them are here: Game Help:System Specswiki.
    • Please post your config-log located here: <username>\Documents\EA Games\<game version>\Logs

*If you have Dual-graphics, please post your complete DxDiag report in your thread. And put in between [ spoiler ] specs here [ /spoiler ] tags (remove the spaces).

Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 20th Feb 2021 at 5:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
  • General - Post System Specs
    We need more information before we can help with your issue.
    • Please post a Quick summary of your System Specs
      Instructions on finding them are here: Game Help:System Specswiki.
    • Please post your config-log located here: <username>\Documents\EA Games\<game version>\Logs

*If you have Dual-graphics, please post your complete DxDiag report in your thread. And put in between [ spoiler ] specs here [ /spoiler ] tags (remove the spaces).

System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 2/20/2021, 12:30:06
Machine name: LAPTOP-I9OABFV6
Machine Id: {ED97FB99-82D7-4366-BC89-D2D097918D7A}
Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 18363) (18362.19h1_release.190318-1202)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: LENOVO
System Model: 81N8
BIOS: ALCN28WW(V2.05) (type: UEFI)
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-8145U CPU @ 2.10GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.3GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 3910MB RAM
Page File: 5169MB used, 3308MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 12
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: 115 DPI (119 percent)
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
Miracast: Available, with HDCP
Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
DirectX Database Version: Unknown
DxDiag Version: 10.00.18362.0387 64bit Unicode

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620
Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
Chip type: Intel(R) UHD Graphics Family
DAC type: Internal
Device Type: Full Device (POST)
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3EA0&SUBSYS_39F017AA&REV_00
Device Status: 0180200A [DN_DRIVER_LOADED|DN_STARTED|DN_DISABLEABLE|DN_NT_ENUMERATOR|DN_NT_DRIVER]
Device Problem Code: No Problem
Driver Problem Code: Unknown
Display Memory: 2083 MB
Dedicated Memory: 128 MB
Shared Memory: 1955 MB
Current Mode: 1366 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)
HDR Support: Not Supported
Display Topology: Internal
Display Color Space: DXGI_COLOR_SPACE_RGB_FULL_G22_NONE_P709
Color Primaries: Red(0.581055,0.362305), Green(0.343750,0.571289), Blue(0.160156,0.128906), White Point(0.312500,0.328125)
Display Luminance: Min Luminance = 0.500000, Max Luminance = 270.000000, MaxFullFrameLuminance = 270.000000
Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
Monitor Model: unknown
Monitor Id: BOE0757
Native Mode: 1366 x 768(p) (60.059Hz)
Output Type: Internal
Monitor Capabilities: HDR Not Supported
Display Pixel Format: DISPLAYCONFIG_PIXELFORMAT_32BPP
Advanced Color: Not Supported
Driver Name: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\iigd_dch.inf_amd64_d5116a57e81b0c34\igdumdim64.dll,C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\iigd_dch.inf_amd64_d5116a57e81b0c34\igd10iumd64.dll,C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\iigd_dch.inf_amd64_d5116a57e81b0c34\igd10iumd64.dll,C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\iigd_dch.inf_amd64_d5116a57e81b0c34\igd12umd64.dll
Driver File Version: 26.20.0100.7323 (English)
Driver Version: 26.20.100.7323
DDI Version: 12
Feature Levels: 12_1,12_0,11_1,11_0,10_1,10_0,9_3,9_2,9_1
Driver Model: WDDM 2.6
Graphics Preemption: Triangle
Compute Preemption: Thread
Miracast: Supported
Detachable GPU: No
Hybrid Graphics GPU: Integrated
Power P-states: Not Supported
Virtualization: Paravirtualization
Block List: No Blocks
Catalog Attributes: Universal:False Declarative:True
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 10/6/2019 7:00:00 PM, 1642952 bytes

Sound Devices
-------------
Description: Speakers (Realtek(R) Audio)
Default Sound Playback: Yes
Default Voice Playback: Yes
Hardware ID: INTELAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0257&SUBSYS_17AA3806&REV_1000
Manufacturer ID: 1
Product ID: 100
Type: WDM
Driver Name: RTKVHD64.sys
Driver Version: 6.00.0001.8627 (English)
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
WHQL Logo'd: Yes
Date and Size: 1/29/2019 12:00:00 AM, 6566688 bytes

Disk & DVD/CD-ROM Drives
------------------------
Drive: C:
Free Space: 889.8 GB
Total Space: 952.6 GB
File System: NTFS
Model: ST1000LM035-1RK172
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 20th Feb 2021 at 5:46 PM Last edited by marcusharding15 : 20th Feb 2021 at 7:24 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
You are taking a risk downloading lots from TSR, and even more so being an old lot.

I would suggest cleaning it first. https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=609188 scroll down for method two. You will need simPE, the Lot Compressor and Chris Hatch's add on to that program.
If after that you can load the lot, also use his lot cleaner globe on it. https://simfileshare.net/folder/22477/

thank you - I attempted this method and it failed.
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 20th Feb 2021 at 5:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Annaminna
For me lot loads and is playable. I think OP has not enough good PC for it. There is no need in any kind of landscape.
Luckily my sim has nature hobby.

Question - is the lost heavily furnished ? .. I wonder if it could be unfurnished by someone whose able to enter the lot and then sent to me without the furnishings .. since I intend to redecorate anyway .. and I could see if I'm able to enter after .. I just want the architecture and build of the lot to remain undisturbed .. for reference I've been able to enter enormous sized densely furnished lots like Stormwall by Zarathustra here at MTS without conflict .. my operating system can sustain lots of that magnitude .. so I doubt its the pc /graphics ..
Mad Poster
#10 Old 20th Feb 2021 at 6:39 PM
It could be some lots work better than others, but it could also be this is a RAM issue, because that tends to be the case with Windows 10.

If you play without CC or with minimal CC or with smaller lots, the issues may not be too noticeable at first. Large and heavily furnished lots tend to be more of a problem than smaller lots. Many sims on a lot are more of a problem than few sims. Minimal or no CC is less of a problem than a lot of CC.

Windows 10 with only 4 GB RAM is asking for problems when it comes to big lots on TS2, because 10 uses anything from 1-4 GB on its own, and the game uses 2-4 GB depending on whether you've done the 4GB fix (which may be a bad idea if you have only 4 GB in all).

With Windows 10 you'll want at least 8 GB RAM if you want to play TS2, so the OS and game can have 4 each without fighting over it. And with Win10 you're going to need the 4GB patch too, because otherwise the game is just going to crash whenever it reaches the default 2GB RAM limit.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 20th Feb 2021 at 7:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
It could be some lots work better than others, but it could also be this is a RAM issue, because that tends to be the case with Windows 10.

If you play without CC or with minimal CC or with smaller lots, the issues may not be too noticeable at first. Large and heavily furnished lots tend to be more of a problem than smaller lots. Many sims on a lot are more of a problem than few sims. Minimal or no CC is less of a problem than a lot of CC.

Windows 10 with only 4 GB RAM is asking for problems when it comes to big lots on TS2, because 10 uses anything from 1-4 GB on its own, and the game uses 2-4 GB depending on whether you've done the 4GB fix (which may be a bad idea if you have only 4 GB in all).

With Windows 10 you'll want at least 8 GB RAM if you want to play TS2, so the OS and game can have 4 each without fighting over it. And with Win10 you're going to need the 4GB patch too, because otherwise the game is just going to crash whenever it reaches the default 2GB RAM limit.

I use no custom content and I always enter the lot without a family to build and decorate before moving a family inside a lot .. my game never crashes except when attempting to enter this particular lot .. I tried placing the lot in different neighborhoods and at different locations but to no avail ..
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#12 Old 20th Feb 2021 at 10:01 PM
Yes it is heavily furnished. What you can try to do is delete lot from game, redownload and install with Clean Installer. It might be badly downloaded.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#13 Old 20th Feb 2021 at 10:05 PM
You are running the game on the edge, a Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620 chip, not much RAM (windows 10 itself uses 3. something) Close to all your ram. Dedicated Memory: 128 MB.
The patch won't give your game what your pc doesn't have to give. I would suggest turning settings down and playing with small lots. I think the size of this lot is simply too much for it. You can see how bad the graphics are, it's struggling like a small hatchback trying to pull a caravan up a hill. You will also be wearing down what you do have and chips can melt and take motherboards with them.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#14 Old 20th Feb 2021 at 11:01 PM
^ The patch isn't recommended on Windows 10 unless you have at least 6+ GB, preferably 8+ GB - you need at least that much if you want to play games. Laptops with just 4 GB RAM and Windows 10 really aren't meant to be played games on.

From the picture, it looks like you're running the game with somewhat low graphics, which could explain why you've been able to play up until now. If that lot is heavily furnished, has a lot of water features, a lot of greenery, and probably also several floors, that could explain why it's perhaps a bit too much.