Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Custom objects placeable on OFB displays and shelves *UPD 22APR*

by Numenor Posted 7th Mar 2006 at 9:29 PM - Updated 22nd Apr 2006 at 8:41 PM by Numenor : Included support for Windkeeper's "Placement on locked tiles" hack

322 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 315 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 13
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 7th Mar 2006 at 10:34 PM
you are a god, thank you sooo much
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#27 Old 7th Mar 2006 at 10:37 PM
once again AMAZING.. youre just the best!

For all of my creations and more free downloads please visit Exnem Sims
Grand Re-Opening NOW!!!
Come join our Banner Contest Today!!
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 7th Mar 2006 at 10:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
And so fast, too! You're amazing, Numenor. Thank you so much! It's talented creators like you that make this game playable.

Couldn't agree more, "Faster Than A Speeding Bullet"

Thanks Numenor

Hooroo,
hed
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 7th Mar 2006 at 10:44 PM
This is probably the greatest hack that will ever come out for OFB. The fact that maxis so rudely overlooked this (or simply chose to do this on purpose... cuz then can), really upset me and had me fighting the shelves for quite some time. Hmmm, what store to modify first... bookstore, mini-mart, art store... man, your the best! Heh, hence why this is the first download I've ever put a comment in for. Now... wheres the 5,000 star button... ?
Instructor
#30 Old 7th Mar 2006 at 10:47 PM
Thank you! I got quite frustrated when I realized that display shelves were created-objects only. This will make my shops much nicer.
Oh, if only I could bottle your mod skills and keep them all for myself :P

Want more? Visit Digital Perversion
I'm not gonna do it, and you can't make me!
#31 Old 7th Mar 2006 at 10:52 PM
thanks i thought i was nuts ysterday when i tried the game and couldbt plaxce sum stuff on the shelves
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 7th Mar 2006 at 10:53 PM
I love you, you sweet sweet man! If I believed in a god you would be it! :D
Field Researcher
#33 Old 7th Mar 2006 at 10:58 PM
NOW I'll build a retail shop. I refused to before, not being able to put any custom objects on the shelves. I was resigned to just bakeries, furniture stores, and hair salons for my Sims' businesses.

Numenor, you've MADE this EP as far as I'm concerned!
Field Researcher
#34 Old 7th Mar 2006 at 10:58 PM
You're my hero, Numenor! I had a feeling you would be the one to come up with a solution to this problem.

For a species that claims to be intellectually superior to all other life forms, humans do some stupid things.
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 7th Mar 2006 at 11:01 PM
:jig: Thanks alot! Ive tried it out and there doesnt seem to be any "errors". However. I deleted the hack because it affects all objects so that I can place 6 of anthing on the shelf. Eg. I put 6 new teddy bears on one shelf. It looks really odd. Other than that its great! Lol! I really do appreciate the had work that went into this though! Maybe after a while of getting frstrated about not being able to place custom stuff on shelves ill come and download this again

Let me guess, you picked out yet another colorful box with a crank that I'm expected to turn and turn until OOP! big shock, a jack pops out and you laugh and the kids laugh and the dog laughs and I die a little inside. - Stewie (Family Guy)
Tentacle Of Righteousness
#36 Old 7th Mar 2006 at 11:01 PM
Very helpful, useful, and as usual, perfect mod. Thanks Numenor.
Note: This Will NOT "mess up" your game. I can say beyond doubt that anything Numenor makes will work perfectly.
:nod:

Alt 255
The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned
to a dead channel.
Field Researcher
#37 Old 7th Mar 2006 at 11:03 PM
You are truely amazing! If anyone could figure this out,I knew it wouild be you. Thank you for all your hard work.

Please do not upload my creations to any pay sites or the exchange. Do not include my meshes with recolors. Uploading in lots is fine on MTS2 only.

Come and check out my other creations at Thesimszone. http://www.thesimszone.co.uk/files/index.php?Section=53
Test Subject
#38 Old 7th Mar 2006 at 11:12 PM
*Did you ever knoooooow that you're my heeeeeeerooooooooo*

I too hoped someone would figure out a way to do this. Huzzah for your brilliant detective work on finding the solution.

Going back now to do my Happy Dance...
Field Researcher
#39 Old 7th Mar 2006 at 11:54 PM
Can't thank you enough! This is so sweet; I can't wait to test it out in game!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#40 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 12:03 AM
*Simsample kisses Numenor* Thankyou so much!!
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 12:05 AM
Thank you so much! I was so excited to start my gift shop the other day, and then I discovered that I couldn't put boxes of candy or custom teddy bears on shelves and I was so disappointed.

This is awesome. Now I can start my Magic Shop and sell ouija boards and incense! lol

Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 12:11 AM
**sigh** I have got to find a man as good as you. You are the modding master, thank you for this!!
Scholar
#43 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 12:17 AM
Wow, this is great! I'm still waiting for my darn preorder to arrive, so I didn't even know there was a problem with custom objects... But as soon as it arrives, I'm definately downloading!

♦ Animal Lover, Eco Friendly, Loner, Perfectionist, Vegetarian ♦

Sensitivity is strength.
Field Researcher
#44 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 12:21 AM
Thanks!
Forum Resident
#45 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 12:26 AM
This is great. I was wondering why certain objects couldn't be placed on the display shelves.

Does anyone know what key changes where an item is placed on a shelf? Like if we want it on the top or the bottom of a display. I read it in the guide, but now I can't find where it was written in there. I'm hoping I didn't imagine it.
Forum Resident
#46 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 12:31 AM
This is just awesome, Numenor! And when I get OFB, I'm gonna appreciate this even more! Thank you very much, Numenor!
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 12:42 AM
yes!!! thank you so much:D
Test Subject
#48 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 12:47 AM
Default Not worthy
We're not worthy! (much bowing and scraping) We're not worthy! (more bowing and scraping)
A Sinful Sim
retired moderator
#49 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 1:15 AM
Numenor has done it again!!!! I don't have OFB yet, but once I do, this will be my first download.

Adult Downloads Can Be Found On MTS2's Adult Site!!!
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 1:17 AM
Even though my boyfriend might be jealous. I think I love you Numenor and you are the man.
Page 2 of 13