Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Maxis "Lost & Found" #18: "Ball Obelisk" and "Monolith" decorative topiaries

by Numenor Posted 12th Mar 2006 at 2:34 AM - Updated 30th Nov 2008 at 11:07 AM by Numenor : Bugfix: now in catalog even without Nightlife

62 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 58 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#26 Old 18th Mar 2006 at 1:45 AM
ferrarrifanatic - Lol! this is the most frequently asked question ever
The usual check-list (some of these suggestions are obvious, but they are not intended to you in particular; but for all the users):
- be sure you have the custom content turned on (do you see other custom content in your game?)
- be sure you have extracted the .package files from the RAR/ZIP archives
- be sure you have actually put the .package into your downloads
- be sure you have the EP(s) that may be needed for the object to work.

Simsbaby - I agree with pepperdawg (see his/her post above): they seem a preview for the upcoming Add-on Pack that will be released in April; those objects are not in the game, anyway (OK, Maxis may have left "hidden" som objects, but not that many! Lol! )

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
#27 Old 18th Mar 2006 at 12:31 PM
Wow! This otta go good with the Mission or European collection! :wave:

No more GTP for me (Grand Theft Posting)
Test Subject
#28 Old 19th Mar 2006 at 12:35 AM
Loser! Faker! Augh!
Test Subject
#29 Old 19th Mar 2006 at 12:35 AM
Loser! Faker! Augh! R U A Girl Scout!?!?!
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#30 Old 19th Mar 2006 at 9:57 AM
Peaceonearth, I'm not a girl scout and you shouldn't post (or worse, double-post) such inconsistent comments. This is a serious forum, be careful.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Lab Assistant
#31 Old 22nd Mar 2006 at 12:33 PM
silly Maxis, hiding things.
Test Subject
#32 Old 27th Mar 2006 at 12:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
ferrarrifanatic - Lol! this is the most frequently asked question ever
The usual check-list (some of these suggestions are obvious, but they are not intended to you in particular; but for all the users):
- be sure you have the custom content turned on (do you see other custom content in your game?)
- be sure you have extracted the .package files from the RAR/ZIP archives
- be sure you have actually put the .package into your downloads
- be sure you have the EP(s) that may be needed for the object to work.

Simsbaby - I agree with pepperdawg (see his/her post above): they seem a preview for the upcoming Add-on Pack that will be released in April; those objects are not in the game, anyway (OK, Maxis may have left "hidden" som objects, but not that many! Lol! )

But I have open it with SimPE and I can sey that objects in 3d :insane:

how can that.

Alexie
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#33 Old 27th Mar 2006 at 6:08 PM
Tanja, if you have opened a game package with SimPE and seen those objects in 3D, then please tell me which package you have opened, and I promise that all those hidden objects will be made ready for download in a flash! :D

Field Researcher
#34 Old 27th Mar 2006 at 9:12 PM
Numenor, thank you for finding these topiary's..cool !!
Field Researcher
#35 Old 28th Mar 2006 at 9:05 PM
Wow; that's all I can say. You're Maxis Lost and Found's are simply the best.
Test Subject
#36 Old 30th Mar 2006 at 10:04 PM
Ahh! I want that cow in the window! Someone said it was a "moo moo award"? How do you get that?
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#37 Old 31st Mar 2006 at 7:17 AM
Hernandee: the MooMoo Award is... an award There is a restricted number of people that take note of the creations of the various users, and if they are "the cream of the crops" in a particular fiels of knowledge, they assign the Award to him.

So, the only way to get it is to work hard and publish high quality creations
Good luck!

Test Subject
#38 Old 31st Mar 2006 at 10:45 AM
That missing tree and the toparies ARE in Family Fun!! Why did maxis leave the tree out though so they could have it in FF instead!? Hmm.. And I always knew that OFB had FF objects in it.. This does not surprise me.

And Numenor? Could you do me a favour? It's weird but could you find the Water Tower (Neighborhood Decoation one) for OFB as that has that flying pig and I'm wondering if Maxis made a whole new object package for it...
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#39 Old 31st Mar 2006 at 7:04 PM
RanmNameHere, it's not the first time that Maxis includes in the Add-on packs objects already released, or "known", anyway

As for the flying pig, where is it? when I place the water tower, a fliying pig should appear?

Test Subject
#40 Old 6th Apr 2006 at 5:47 AM
ball obelisk and monolith...ty
What a great FIND. Thank you much
Test Subject
#41 Old 6th Apr 2006 at 5:50 AM
the flying pig just shows up...i think you have to have a blimp in place on the neighborhood screen . i have seen it but am not sure when it appeared. possibly it is when a new biz has opened
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#42 Old 6th Apr 2006 at 7:53 PM
Then, the flying pig must be an "effect" and not a normal neighborhood object...
Ergo, it can't be converted for normal lot view.

Test Subject
#43 Old 16th Apr 2006 at 6:27 PM
Well apparently it's attached to the Water Tower Object and you must have it in the nhood to see the pig. I want to know if this is true...
Instructor
#44 Old 17th Apr 2006 at 11:16 PM
That tree, for which you are searching, looks like a larger hibiscus shrub with a trunk - the flowers they used do anyway.

Thank you for taking the time to find these uploads.

HeartDeco
Scholar
#45 Old 21st Apr 2006 at 1:50 AM
Numenor,
You are the BEST!! :baloons:
Thank you! :wave:

"What we say is good for nothing, if we say nothing for good.".
Inventor
#46 Old 4th May 2006 at 11:05 PM
thanks you are the greatest

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up"!
Test Subject
#47 Old 10th May 2006 at 6:37 PM
you rock. thanks for finding these.
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#48 Old 31st May 2006 at 10:52 PM
:0) I think Maxis makes these 'hidden' items just so our illustrious ,genius modders can 'free' them and make them available to us who don't know how to mod. :0)
Instructor
#49 Old 5th Jun 2006 at 8:00 AM Last edited by HeartDeco : 5th Jun 2006 at 9:01 AM. Reason: to add update
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
Tanja, if you have opened a game package with SimPE and seen those objects in 3D, then please tell me which package you have opened, and I promise that all those hidden objects will be made ready for download in a flash! :D

Hi Numenor,

I have the same problem - No Pic. I came back here to double-check and make sure they were not FFS like the other trees you found. I have OFB and I know the checklist - but still no topiaries.

I am going to redownload them and try again. I'll let you know.

Thank you,
HD

Edit: OK, they are there now. Please see my pics for proof.
Screenshots
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#50 Old 5th Jun 2006 at 10:20 AM
HeartDeco, have you found out why they were not visible in the catalog?

Page 2 of 3