Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

*REDOWNLOAD* Sitting Talk/Conversation Hack for Movie Makers (and Storytellers)

by decorgal21572 Posted 14th Dec 2006 at 4:07 AM - Updated 25th Nov 2010 at 9:21 PM by whiterider

86 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 74 Feedback Posts, 11 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 4
Test Subject
#26 Old 16th Dec 2006 at 2:49 AM
I can't get it to work for me. Whenever I click it it says "There are no actions available" I tried wil they were sitting and standing. I also have every expansion pack.
Test Subject
#27 Old 16th Dec 2006 at 4:34 AM
Thank you so much Decorgal. This hack is wonderful.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 16th Dec 2006 at 7:25 AM
Thank you so much, Decorgal! I've been using your other talking hack very extensively of late and now I'm thrilled that you've released the complementary sitting talk hack. I'm positive that this is going to be indispensable to me.

Worlds Apart: An urban fantasy. Now playing...
Test Subject
#29 Old 16th Dec 2006 at 2:13 PM
Thanks Decor! Loving it!

Lp rocks! :)
Test Subject
#30 Old 17th Dec 2006 at 8:35 PM
Yay! Can't wait to use it! *waits for it to download* *starts playing game, Sweet! This is awesome! Byootiful job, as always!

I love your sax appeal

Oooohhhh... shiny! *reaches out to touch, then gets slapped*
Space Pony
#31 Old 19th Dec 2006 at 1:35 AM
I noticed that a lot of options, espcially the ones that have the Sim facing forward in a chair or bar stool, don't have any Sim voices. While the Sim moves their mouth there are no voices to go with it. Is there perhaps any way to correct this?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#32 Old 19th Dec 2006 at 2:16 AM Last edited by decorgal21572 : 19th Dec 2006 at 3:40 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Carmilla07
I can't get it to work for me. Whenever I click it it says "There are no actions available" I tried wil they were sitting and standing. I also have every expansion pack.

Has anyone else had this problem? Carmilla, you might try emptying your download folder and seeing if maybe it's a hack conflict. I've been told this hack conflicts with Targa's photography backdrops.

Quote: Originally posted by ZeonZumDeikun
I noticed that a lot of options, espcially the ones that have the Sim facing forward in a chair or bar stool, don't have any Sim voices. While the Sim moves their mouth there are no voices to go with it. Is there perhaps any way to correct this?

Hmm...I didn't even notice that because I mute the simlish in the game. Unfortunately, my hacking knowledge is quite limited so I'm sorry that I have no idea how to fix it. Do you really need the voices? Since this hack is for making movies, we usually don't want the voices and do English (or whatever language) voiceovers for it.

For movies, fashions, recolors and hack, visit http://decorgal.com
Test Subject
#33 Old 20th Dec 2006 at 5:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by decorgal21572
Has anyone else had this problem? Carmilla, you might try emptying your download folder and seeing if maybe it's a hack conflict. I've been told this hack conflicts with Targa's photography backdrops.

Yup it was those Photography backgrounds. I removed them and now it works.
Test Subject
#34 Old 20th Dec 2006 at 9:18 AM
YAY!! a tool I can use in my game!! THANK YOU!!
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 20th Dec 2006 at 10:14 PM
Sweet ^__^ I can't wait to use this.
Instructor
#36 Old 22nd Dec 2006 at 5:51 AM
That's strange, now all my portraits are convert with that hack.. they all have the same menu when i clic on them...
but otherwise, it's works correctly.
Test Subject
#37 Old 22nd Dec 2006 at 6:11 AM Last edited by Sapphirestarz15 : 22nd Dec 2006 at 6:13 AM. Reason: Adding more
Default Wow!
Wow, thanks! this is very creative! Are you going to make more of these hacks for the storytelling?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...ugar/cherry.gif

Everything is better with cherries on top.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#38 Old 23rd Dec 2006 at 8:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tipoual
That's strange, now all my portraits are convert with that hack.. they all have the same menu when i clic on them...
but otherwise, it's works correctly.

Can you try moving your downloads folder content of everything but this hack and see if it still does that? Did you also see a few posts above about the conflict with the photography backdrop? I'd like to find out what's causing this. Thanks.

Field Researcher
#39 Old 25th Dec 2006 at 1:35 PM
Hi, I don't know whether or not this is a problem, but I thought I'd report that even when I don't have the painting anywhere on the lot, all my decorative objects no longer have the option to be viewed. What happens instead is that clicking on a decorative object like a sculpture or painting now pulls up the hack's menu. I don't have Targa's photography backdrop installed.

I also have all the expansion packs and stuff packs, if it helps. Other than this, the hack is working and is something I would definitely need in my game.

Once a tightly-furled bud, the house was slowly revealing itself to him, its petals unfolding to expose its secret beauty. ~When Shadows Whisper, P.1|Part 4|MSR Story List & FAQ|MSR Graphics
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 26th Dec 2006 at 6:11 PM
I would like to report the same as above, all decorative objects of any kind now have these menus - which dont do anything incidently. I can not find any conflicts and I dont have any photography backdrops (not even sure what that is really). Thanks.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#41 Old 28th Dec 2006 at 5:28 AM
Thanks guys for the feedback. Please continue to report issues, even if they have already been reported. I will try to get to this and figure out what's going on as soon as I can find time admist the holidays.

Instructor
#42 Old 28th Dec 2006 at 5:59 AM
Yep, i'd move all my hacks and it's still do this... That's strange...

Well happy holydays!
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 31st Dec 2006 at 3:51 PM
Likewise for me, too (menus appear on decorative items). . . and it seems to be making my game a bit laggy at times since I installed it (like when pets come on the property, pets change activities, etc.) but it might be something else that's doing that particular problem, so . . .

Back playing Sims 2 after 10 years . . .
Test Subject
#44 Old 3rd Jan 2007 at 5:06 PM Last edited by hazeqeren : 4th Jan 2007 at 2:15 PM. Reason: update
I can't get it to work either for me.
I have a lot of other hacks and I have a few global hacks installed. I don't have Targa's photography background. I have all the EP's except for Pets. Also every time I click onto a decorative item, it shows the menu for this hack. And whenever I select something from that menu, my sim doesn't do the animating. I'm not sure what's causing this problem...

EDIT: Okay, it seems to work fine if I just close the game, delete the hack, and place it back again in the Downloads folder, restart the game... but once you save the lot, and close the game, and if you restart it, the hack disappears from the Buy catalogue. I noticed that this also happens with the Talk hack (the one with Emma's picture). Just thought I'd report this... By the way, I love your AinD series. Thanks for this hack!
Space Pony
#45 Old 6th Jan 2007 at 1:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by decorgal21572

Hmm...I didn't even notice that because I mute the simlish in the game. Unfortunately, my hacking knowledge is quite limited so I'm sorry that I have no idea how to fix it. Do you really need the voices? Since this hack is for making movies, we usually don't want the voices and do English (or whatever language) voiceovers for it.
Quite often when I make movies within the game I make them into "foreign films". For one, because I don't know many people to do voiceovers; and two because it actually works pretty well, and makes things quite humerous, as a "foreign film".
So that's why I asked about it, because usually I do use the Sim's voices.
Test Subject
#46 Old 29th Jan 2007 at 1:27 AM
Degoral, its great that you have joined the gang here at MTS2.You have been here a little while.I just noticed today when I went to your site.(Love EP7 by the way) I love all the hacks you make that makes it easier for us to make movies. And beautiful goodies for our simmies. I hope to see more additions from you at MTS2.
Test Subject
#47 Old 5th Feb 2007 at 11:40 PM
Hi,

I have been using the original and didn't know there was a problem until I read this and checked. So far I only found one other item that have the options as this. It is a chain that I thought would be used in bondage type scenes. I don't know if this item was supposed to to have it's own options or was just decoration, but nothing esle seems to be affected. Do you think the update is needed in this case?

I have all of the movie making tools and think they are all great! Please give me a headz up if you come up with some new stuff. Maybe something with fight, action, & stunt sequences! Thanks and keep up the good work!

Mike
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 15th Mar 2007 at 10:54 AM
Fantastic! How did i miss this one? I've been after a sitting animation hack. does anyone know if it conflicts with Squinges hula hack?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#49 Old 15th Mar 2007 at 9:08 PM
Master Mike- that is odd! This hack's options shows up on the chains? I don't know what could be causing that at the moment. I haven't had any more reports on this issue so I'm hoping it's just a hiccup or something.

Nope Starwyn. I've got Squinge's Hula hack (plus a ton of other hacks) and it doesn't conflict.

Lab Assistant
#50 Old 16th Mar 2007 at 12:37 AM
cool, thanks for that decorgal
Page 2 of 4