Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Maxis Outerwear as.... Outerwear! UPDATE: Fixed Uni Bug

by fanseelamb Posted 3rd Mar 2007 at 9:36 PM - Updated 15th May 2013 at 12:46 AM by fanseelamb : testing 123

190 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 176 Feedback Posts, 13 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 8
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 2:49 AM
I shall sing your praises while I play my game and see my sims stay warm in these clothes just as they ought to.

Thank you so much!!
Instructor
#27 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 2:59 AM
fanseelamb, thank you so very much for this mod set! It's wonderful.

Melissa
Inventor
#28 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 3:08 AM
I was going to try and figure out how to do this, and now I don't have to - thank you!

Reyn Silversong-Sim Architect

Terms of Use-All of my stuff is available for use anywhere that is free. All I ask is credit and a link back to the objects in question, or the house they are featured with. DO NOT POST ON THE EXCHANGE!
Test Subject
#29 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 3:50 AM
oh thaaaaaaaaaankyou! i thought that was so stupid when it wasnt included in the outerwear. glad im not the only one.

characters to come: Cluracan, Rose Walker, Death.. if you think of a minor Sandman character that you'd like me to attempt, let me know.
Test Subject
#30 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 5:18 AM
First let me say thank you for this great mod. I was just about to clone/recat some Maxis clothes myself & you saved me a lot of time
I installed the all.rar, decided that none of my Sims is going to wear a Gorilla suit or knight's armor in winter & deleted the files in Bodyshop. It seems like this caused the Gorilla/knight costumes to be gone from the game permanently, because now these suits can't be found in the casual category either. They're replaced with a grey Maxis suit instead. I never thought that I'd miss the pink Gorilla outfits, but now I do
After that I panicked & removed the rest of the files manually from the downloads folder. Fortunately this didn't make the other non-converted Maxis clothes being replaced with something else as well. I guess that maybe deleting the files with Bodyshop could have been the trigger.
Is there a workaround for this problem, or do I have to reinstall OFB to get the costumes back?
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
Original Poster
#31 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 5:33 AM
Cryotank, do you have some sort of hack that allows you to delete Maxis clothes? You shouldn't be able to delete these in-game or in bodyshop - see how there's no delete button in my screenshots?

People who don't want the knights, gorillas, and diver suits should not install the OFB costumes file.
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 6:23 AM
Thanks for this! Saves me the trouble of having to do it myself. ^^;
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 6:31 AM
I was actually noticing this myself last night while playing. Wondered why Maxis would overlook such a thing. Would be the first thing I would think of when it comes to Outerwear clothing! Thank you very much for bringing this to us
Instructor
#34 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 7:08 AM
Cryotank: you'll have to reinstall OFB.
Since Pets some clothing overrides can accidentally mark Maxis clothing as custom, allowing you to delete it. This happens if the version string is missing from the property set.
If you delete these base game meshes, you corrupt the game code and must reinstall.

fanseelamb's mod seems correctly made, so you probably have some other clothing override mod which lacks the required strings. Track it down and kick the author.
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 8:27 AM
This is awesome! It really increases the amount of outwear - something definitely needed for those of us with larger neighborhoods. Any chance you'll add files for the Holiday Stuff pack clothes (personally, I'd specifically like the Santa outfits as outerwear). In any case, thanks again!
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
Original Poster
#36 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 8:37 AM Last edited by fanseelamb : 4th Mar 2007 at 8:52 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by KLGFCG
Any chance you'll add files for the Holiday Stuff pack clothes (personally, I'd specifically like the Santa outfits as outerwear). In any case, thanks again!

Nope, no chance. I don't have Holiday Stuff. But it turns out simsbaby posted those at Insimenator around the same time I posted these. Guess we both had the same idea. Had I known he was working on it I wouldn't have bothered!

ETA: Scratch that, I'm glad I bothered. Just checked his out and he chose a different selection of outfits than I did. So now people have 2 options... you can try 'em both and keep whichever suits your needs best. Nice!
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
Original Poster
#37 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 9:28 AM Last edited by fanseelamb : 4th Mar 2007 at 9:38 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Cryotank
I installed the all.rar, decided that none of my Sims is going to wear a Gorilla suit or knight's armor in winter & deleted the files in Bodyshop. It seems like this caused the Gorilla/knight costumes to be gone from the game permanently, because now these suits can't be found in the casual category either.

(snipped for space)

Cryotank - I've investigated a bit further and see what you mean. The delete button is enabled in Bodyshop! But it's not exclusive to this mod... it's happening with ALL unlocked outfit mods made this way! A new Bodyshop glitch perhaps? Or was it always like that? I never noticed. In the meantime, do NOT uninstall/reinstall OFB. You should be able to just copy the corrupted file from your game CD to the program folder. I'll update later with instructions on exactly which file you need to copy. (Unless some helpful person beats be to it.) So sorry about that - thank you for reporting it!!
Field Researcher
#38 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 9:40 AM
This was the one thing bugging me about Seasons, I even started converting them with Body Shop, but it's such a hassle! Thank you!

"Gag me with a reticulated spline!! You're not my cup of tea!" - The Nightlife Prima Guide
Scholar
#39 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 10:04 AM Last edited by fanseelamb : 4th Mar 2007 at 10:39 PM. Reason: converting to "thanks" post :)
Excellent idea Fansee ! It will add much more outerwear stuff and it will be so useful ! Thank you a lot !

All of nature is within us and we are part of all nature (Chief White Cloud)
Test Subject
#40 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 10:51 AM
So great never thought anyone could do this keep up the good work
Test Subject
#41 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 1:21 PM
This is amazing! Now, if someone could DISable this same clothing from being in the everyday, formal, sleepwear, etc. sections of Bodyshop, sim life would be complete. After all, who wears a ski jacket, mucklucks and mittens as everyday wear inside, for pete's sake? Or fur coats for that matter, unless they live in the Arctic?? Thank you for this amazing mod!! :D
Test Subject
#42 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 2:39 PM
Does this file CONVERT them or just make new versions that are considered outerwear?
Field Researcher
#43 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 2:49 PM
This is just what I was looking for. I had converted the 3 glamor fur coats with body shop then found this! This is even better! Thanks so much!
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 5:17 PM
Why Maxis didn't think of doing this is beyond me. I think maxis should take a closer look at what the Modding communities are doing to improve their games.
Field Researcher
#45 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 6:17 PM
You're my hero, fanseelamb! Thanks for all you do! :-D
Test Subject
#46 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 8:07 PM
Thank you so much! I was in need of these!
Test Subject
#47 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 8:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fanseelamb
Nope, no chance. I don't have Holiday Stuff. But it turns out simsbaby posted those at Insimenator around the same time I posted these. Guess we both had the same idea. Had I known he was working on it I wouldn't have bothered!

ETA: Scratch that, I'm glad I bothered. Just checked his out and he chose a different selection of outfits than I did. So now people have 2 options... you can try 'em both and keep whichever suits your needs best. Nice!

Do these two Mods conflict with each other?
Instructor
#48 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 8:32 PM
They complement eachother.
Test Subject
#49 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 8:32 PM
The Outerwear category was so small! I'm glad you gave us a wider range of clothing for outside... and it's completely logical for people to wear fur coats in the winter! You rock beyond the telling of it!
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
Original Poster
#50 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 10:30 PM
Okay, Cryotank! To get your pink gorillas back here's what you should try:

1. Dig your OFB CD out of the closet and pop it in the CD drive. Click OK when the "wrong CD" error box appears.

2. Open "compressed.zip" - it's in the CD's main directory.

3. Select "Sims07.package" and "Sims08.package" then extract them to the following location:

C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Open For Business\TSData\Res\3D

(or the corresponding folder on your system if your game is not in C:\Program Files)

4. Say yes if it asks whether or not to overwrite the files.

5. Start up Seasons or BodyShop and let us know how it worked!

Sorry for the trouble, and thanks again for your report.
Page 2 of 8