Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Maxis Outerwear as.... Outerwear! UPDATE: Fixed Uni Bug

by fanseelamb Posted 3rd Mar 2007 at 9:36 PM - Updated 15th May 2013 at 12:46 AM by fanseelamb : testing 123

190 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 176 Feedback Posts, 13 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 8
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
Original Poster
#51 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 10:52 PM
divinebovine: They will show up in the Outerwear category and in their original category.

Lily Whyte: I considered disabling them from showing in the original category but chose not to. Some people may still want them in those categories, and there aren't so many that they clutter the bins much. If there's enough demand I *might* make outerwear-only versions ...but it doesn't seem like a very big issue to me.

Aramis: Jordi is correct. You can use my version(s) and simsbaby's version(s) at the same time.

Everyone else: I'm glad so many people find this useful! Thanks for the comments. I was quite disappointed when I realized it wasn't already part of the game. Fur coats and things with mittens are outerwear, Maxis! *glares*
Test Subject
#52 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 11:14 PM
Thanks for your help! I'll try this tomorrow (already past midnight here in Germany) and will get back to you :o)
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 5th Mar 2007 at 12:09 AM
Fanseelamb you've become my favourite creator/modder! Luv' Ya!

ONLY LOVE IS REVOLUTIONARY
Test Subject
#54 Old 5th Mar 2007 at 10:44 PM
Thanks for your instructions, everything went smooth. My Sims are happy to report that they got their Gorilla costumes back. :o)
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
Original Poster
#55 Old 6th Mar 2007 at 12:35 AM
Yay, that's great Cryotank! She looks fabulous.
Test Subject
#56 Old 6th Mar 2007 at 2:21 AM
Yes, silly maxis! At least your on top of the outerwear issue! Thanks a ton fanseelamb!

Supporting Our Troops DOESN'T Mean You Support The War
~~Angelique~~
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 7th Mar 2007 at 12:02 AM
I would like to see outerwear disabled as well. Please make this so! *rubs on the fansee genie lamp!*
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 7th Mar 2007 at 12:38 AM
Question- If you do put it in the downloads folder, is it the same effect if you delete them in CAS?

Also- If you put it in that directory you gave, do you make a new folder (like "outer ware") or just put the downloaded files in the folder "Bins" ??

Thanks!
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
Original Poster
#59 Old 7th Mar 2007 at 1:40 AM
Mike, the delete button is disabled in CAS whether the files are in Downloads or Bins.

I suggest you put the files in a new folder for easier identification but they will probably work just in "Bins" with no subfolder too.
Top Secret Researcher
#60 Old 7th Mar 2007 at 2:02 AM
This is great and so needed. I do not understand why they did not include these with the new expansion. Thank You for doing this for us.
Test Subject
#61 Old 7th Mar 2007 at 4:02 AM
Although I don't have Seasons yet (I'm waiting for the patch to be released) I was wondering whether Maxis had converted the older clothes that were so obviously outerwear. Since I know they didn't I'm so happy you did. Thank you!
Field Researcher
#62 Old 7th Mar 2007 at 8:31 AM
Thanks a bunch! :D
Field Researcher
#63 Old 7th Mar 2007 at 9:56 AM
Oh, I wish I had seen this earlier, before converting them all myself!

But you'll still get a Thank You!

~*Sofie-Amalie*~
LJ
Instructor
#64 Old 7th Mar 2007 at 4:08 PM
Can you tell how you did the files

so i can make some of the family fun stuff winter wear an mr. & mrs. claus should be winter wear lol

The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals and 362 admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision. - L. Lavner
Test Subject
#65 Old 7th Mar 2007 at 5:37 PM
Great Job!! Thanks so much!
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 7th Mar 2007 at 6:25 PM
Wow, much appreciated! And thanks for the link to the tutorial. I wasn't able to download all of it but I'' get back to it after things slow down a bit. Thanks again :o)
Forum Resident
#67 Old 7th Mar 2007 at 6:43 PM
omg fansee.... you are a God.... i. love. you XD

~*I'm a she*~
The Booty calls to you, you cannot resist it
I use Target and Kodak Gallery for my pictures, you should too... :D
My MTS2|Livejournal|Yearbook|Facebook
Instructor
#68 Old 7th Mar 2007 at 7:32 PM Last edited by fanseelamb : 10th Mar 2007 at 6:05 AM. Reason: converted to "thanks" post :)
THANK YOU!! xD I was seconds from trying to do this myself, and it is QUITE tedious to go through every last coat that looks like it should be "warm"... xD I already went through making most of my warm-looking custom content work for outerwear... That was tedious enough.
Thanks again for this! It is faaawesome. I have every single expansion they've released, so it would've been really annoying to have to make these work for Seasons the only way I know how; keep exporting them in Body Shop and clicking on the outerwear catagory and whatever others they're supposed to be in. xP
You rock! ^^;''
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 7th Mar 2007 at 8:29 PM
I'm becoming a big fan of yours, fanseelamb! The instructions to disable accidental deleting is much appreciated too, because I'd totally do that.
MTS2 Hot Pepper
#70 Old 7th Mar 2007 at 8:50 PM
I hoped Maxis had made this but It seems I considered Maxis too smart. TY!

Currently playing Sims 4 full collection. (and fixing my mods folder)
Field Researcher
#71 Old 7th Mar 2007 at 9:18 PM
ahh thanks!

you're all a bunch of nerds like me <3
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 7th Mar 2007 at 10:54 PM
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 8th Mar 2007 at 12:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fanseelamb
Lily Whyte: I considered disabling them from showing in the original category but chose not to. Some people may still want them in those categories, and there aren't so many that they clutter the bins much. If there's enough demand I *might* make outerwear-only versions ...but it doesn't seem like a very big issue to me.

I VOTE for Outerwear ONLY versions!! Please! Pretty Please! (I asked nicely!)
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 8th Mar 2007 at 5:03 AM Last edited by fanseelamb : 10th Mar 2007 at 6:06 AM. Reason: converted to "thanks" post :)
Wooot! Thanks! Those cute little teddy outfits are going on my toddlers now! Those costumes never had a point in my game but now they do! Thanks for doing this! I'm slow when it comes to making/converting stuff for my simmies... If it wasn't for you and all the other great people that share objects/items/mods... The sims for me would be kind of boring... d(^.^)b

*~*t.o.w.a*~*
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 8th Mar 2007 at 6:50 AM
Thanks so much! You saved me a lot of time and space with this. :-)
Page 3 of 8