Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Decoration Transformer (Designer Helper Object)

by netmicro Posted 28th Apr 2007 at 7:28 PM - Updated 17th Oct 2008 at 1:46 PM by -Maylin-

53 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 46 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 13th Sep 2008 at 11:44 AM
Now this is very clever, I love it, and you don't even need any pesky globals Thank you very much!
Field Researcher
#27 Old 14th Sep 2008 at 4:01 AM
Congratulations for the Feature this download has long deserved. A must-have for clutter addicts, as a lot of custom and Maxis deco objects cannot be placed on mantels or bay windows by default. I expect it will be especially useful for Mac users, who cannot use SimPE to edit the placement of custom objects themselves.

NO Requests! | How to update fridges/computers to FT | Booty - Get pay items for free!
Check out my Journal for updates on past creations.
Recent Updates: Pie Menu Text Strings Fix | Teen Style Stuff Computer and Stereo Fix | IKEA Home Stuff Objects Fix
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 14th Sep 2008 at 9:05 AM
Cool! can you also do this with sims!?!?!

The worst way to miss someone is when they are right beside you and yet you know you can never have them.

Light: "I'll take the potato chip....and eat it!! *dramatic crunch*
Test Subject
#29 Old 15th Sep 2008 at 10:52 AM
Thank you for such a cool idea, just one small question though: Will the transformed object still have it's original function or can it then only be used as a decorative object. (e.g. Will Sims be able to use the alarmclock, or will the only interaction be that the sim can look at the object)?
I'm sorry if this sounds dumb or terribly obvious, but just wanted to make sure.
Field Researcher
#30 Old 15th Sep 2008 at 12:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by OpheliaNival
Will the transformed object still have it's original function or can it then only be used as a decorative object. (e.g. Will Sims be able to use the alarmclock, or will the only interaction be that the sim can look at the object)?
This mod will not interfere with object functions at all. Transformed objects will be fully usable.
Just keep in mind that the animation will be at incorrect height, as the proper animations aligned to the new height simply don't exist in the game. If you use it on the alarm clock and put it on the kitchen counter, Sims will still use the animation for table height, because alarm clocks have no proper animation specifically designed to fit the counter height.

Quote: Originally posted by Ilovesims2andanime
Cool! can you also do this with sims!?!?!
No, you can use it only for objects that you can put on end tables. You can't put Sims on end tables.

NO Requests! | How to update fridges/computers to FT | Booty - Get pay items for free!
Recent Updates: Pie Menu Text Strings Fix | Teen Style Stuff Computer and Stereo Fix | IKEA Home Stuff Objects Fix
Scholar
#31 Old 15th Sep 2008 at 1:35 PM
Thanks for this! I have tried it already, and it works perfectly - like a dream come true!

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Test Subject
#32 Old 18th Sep 2008 at 6:19 PM
I didn't realize how much I need this kind of helper until now. thank you!
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 19th Sep 2008 at 3:22 PM
Very good idea.

www.spazshare.com Free image hosting Sometimes I feel like a nut, sometimes I feel like a banana.
Scholar
#34 Old 28th Sep 2008 at 3:29 AM
will this work with custom objects also? (obviusly then must already be decorative...but...ya...you know)
>_>
Field Researcher
#35 Old 28th Sep 2008 at 3:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sim~obsessor
will this work with custom objects also?
Yes, it will work both for Maxis and custom objects.

Field Researcher
#36 Old 29th Sep 2008 at 8:54 PM
Wow! Thanks for sharing this great "invention"! And just like in the Mission Impossible shows the "tape" will self-destruct once the mission has been accepted ;-) This will, as previously mentioned enhance the OMSPs ability to clutter up our "sets". Great job!
Test Subject
#37 Old 2nd Oct 2008 at 4:10 AM
I've already thanked you, but I need to post to say that this is a great idea. I use this object all the time, I can't get tired of it. Thanks again ^_^.
Test Subject
#38 Old 2nd Oct 2008 at 6:16 AM
Absolutely amazing, and thank you!

A dumb question or two though...I will need to "buy" and place an instance of this Transformer for every table I want to modify the slot behavior, is that right?

Also, will it work for other stuff, such as couches and sofas, to allow the placement of cushions, or a handbag and so on?

"I'm not antisocial. I'm asocial. There's a difference. Now fark on off and think about it, ok?"
Theorist
#39 Old 6th Oct 2008 at 6:50 AM
Thank you!
Inventor
#40 Old 9th Oct 2008 at 3:53 PM
Good job! It really works.
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 23rd Nov 2008 at 11:19 PM
Well it is one of the best slot-adding things I've ever seen. I use Lord Darcy's More Deco Slot Mod, but with this thing I can place everything I want on the fireplace without OMSP's that are now useless for me Also much better place things on counter backside slots and WOW I like this
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 23rd Dec 2008 at 7:56 PM
Now, THAT is shiny! Thanx!
Field Researcher
#43 Old 13th Jan 2009 at 11:57 PM
This is brilliant. I just saw it today in the featured items ad! Thank you for creating a wonderful object

Rose Hill

I love this one the most
Dedication, Determination, Deliberation
Field Researcher
#44 Old 22nd Jan 2009 at 6:11 AM
This is an incredibly useful object. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 18th Apr 2010 at 6:49 PM
Will this work for objects that can only be placed on counters? See i have this Tea set that has a working function (like the coffee pot) but the set can only be placed on a kitchen counter. Will this function still work for that?
Test Subject
#46 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 9:59 AM
Will it also work for the shelves which came with Mansion and Garden stuff?

Great work by the way! I love cluttering up my sims' house, but they always have the same stuff on their shelves
Test Subject
#47 Old 9th Sep 2010 at 4:41 AM
Uhm im just concerned.....is this download crashable?
I've had many encounters with that and i always check the comments first.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#48 Old 24th Jul 2011 at 11:13 PM
This mod is dead useful. I don't see how anyone can live without it.
I have been using it for awhile now with absolutely no problems.
Love it. Thank you.
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator THANKS POST
#49 Old 13th Dec 2011 at 3:08 PM
Truly awesome - thank you for the great share/modify policy as well - it saved my upload
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#50 Old 27th Feb 2012 at 10:46 PM
very clever thank you
Page 2 of 3