Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Stuff Pack Objects Fix Collection for Apartment Life (Updated 2009/01/09) - Made IKEA clock fully usable

by Lord Darcy Posted 31st Aug 2008 at 10:41 AM - Updated 18th Nov 2011 at 1:06 PM by Lord Darcy : v1.05: Made IKEA clock fully usable. Fixed New Year's Party Phone Call in all languages.

78 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 50 Feedback Posts, 27 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 4
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#26 Old 4th Oct 2008 at 5:36 AM
Default Updated to v1.02
2008-10-04: Updated to v1.02 to be compatible with AL patch 1, including the price and hygiene/comfort of K&B Romantic Tub that EAxis managed to re-b0rk in AL patch 1.

NO Requests! | How to update fridges/computers to FT | Booty - Get pay items for free!
Check out my Journal for updates on past creations.
Recent Updates: Pie Menu Text Strings Fix | Teen Style Stuff Computer and Stereo Fix | IKEA Home Stuff Objects Fix
Instructor
THANKS POST
#27 Old 5th Oct 2008 at 3:12 PM
Thank you again, your the best!
Field Researcher
#28 Old 16th Oct 2008 at 7:03 AM
I don't have AL,but i do play up too seasons and i have that hollidaynewyearspartyphonecall_overide thing in ,could that be why I am having the audio and animation glitch wth the phone and stereo?And if so will your fix ..Fix it?
Thanks
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#29 Old 16th Oct 2008 at 11:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simkat
I don't have AL,but i do play up too seasons and i have that hollidaynewyearspartyphonecall_overide thing in ,could that be why I am having the audio and animation glitch wth the phone and stereo?
I don't think that your glitch is related to HolidayNewYearsPartyPhoneCall_Override.package. That file is a standard EAxian game file, which is created by every EP/SP to add New Year's Party function on the phone. Jordi made an edited version of this file to fix the redundant pie menu bug in UK English.

If you've never used Jordi's edited version of this file, you should leave them alone. And if you've used Jordi's version, you probably should have backup of the original file.

Quote: Originally posted by simkat
And if so will your fix ..Fix it?
As I said, this fix is ONLY for AL. Do NOT use it in pre-AL games, you may encounter numerous errors in appliances or electronics.

NO Requests! | How to update fridges/computers to FT | Booty - Get pay items for free!
Recent Updates: Pie Menu Text Strings Fix | Teen Style Stuff Computer and Stereo Fix | IKEA Home Stuff Objects Fix
Field Researcher
#30 Old 16th Oct 2008 at 12:24 PM
Hi Lord, thanks for the fix
I have a problem with K&B fridges.. I can put leftovers on K&B refrigerators but - after that - I can't take out them.
I have all eps and expansion packs , I use your fix and Al patch. (and no hacks).

However thanks again, I really appreciate your hard work
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#31 Old 16th Oct 2008 at 5:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nightlight
I have a problem with K&B fridges.. I can put leftovers on K&B refrigerators but - after that - I can't take out them.
I have all eps and expansion packs , I use your fix and Al patch. (and no hacks).
Both K&B fridges are fine in my game.

Lab Assistant
#32 Old 24th Oct 2008 at 12:02 AM
Is this fine to use with the AL patch 2 http://thesims2.ea.com/update/getpa...&languageCode=1

Now Taking Requests for House's and Paintings! Downloads also at simbology.com
Field Researcher
#33 Old 25th Oct 2008 at 4:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by harry_tristan_harding
Is this fine to use with the AL patch 2 http://thesims2.ea.com/update/getpa...&languageCode=1

I would say "no". The patch released yesterday fixes some of things this does.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#34 Old 25th Oct 2008 at 5:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CAgirlnKS
I would say "no". The patch released yesterday fixes some of things this does.
It's OK to use this fix with the second patch installed. The second patch did not fix all the issues addressed by this mod. You still need this mod to fix those neglected objects.

At the very best, the second patch could have made part of this mod to be simply redundant, which does not cause a problem. Most likely, those ham-handed EAxian morons could very well have messed up something else. So far, every single time EAxis attempted to update SP objects to the latest EP, they always messed up something. Considering their abysmal track record regarding to "fixing" SP objects, I would not trust those idiots to do something right for a change.

The ModFather
retired moderator
#35 Old 29th Oct 2008 at 11:43 PM
Tonight I'm too rushy (or too lazy) to find the answer myself, so please let me ask a noob question -
What if I put all the three packages in Overrides? Or all the three in Downloads?

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#36 Old 30th Oct 2008 at 1:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
What if I put all the three packages in Overrides? Or all the three in Downloads?
Overrides folder is a pesky thing. Usually stuff in Downloads folder takes precedence over stuff stored in other places, but Overrides folder is an exception. If you put files in Overrides folder, they trump the ones found in Downloads folder. (For stuff not related to mesh and texture, anyway.)
EAxis updates SP objects by including new versions in Overrides.package in Overrides folder. If you put a mod to override those updated objects into your Downloads folder, it cannot bring the desired effect, as it is eated by Overrides.package.

To circumvent this problem, you have to put this mod in Overrides folder, and make sure that it is loaded after Overrides.package. (Hence the z- prefix in the filename.)

But again, there is yet another exception. OBJDs must be present in Downloads folder. Game cannot recognize OBJD overrides found in Overrides folder.
This mod contains several OBJD overrides to fix b0rked GUID, catalog ratings and tooltips. They must be present in Downloads folder. Except for OBJD of IKEA clock, which was not updated in AL. It must be in Bins folder to prevent cc asterisk.

The ModFather
retired moderator
#37 Old 30th Oct 2008 at 4:01 PM
Uhm, all this mess about the "precedence" taken by a folder over another is a problem indeed. As you know, the CEP too contains some "fixes", not always related to files in group 0x1c050000 (some CEP Extras do contain OBJDs and BHAVs); so far, the best solution I could find is to put the OBJD files in the "Catalog\zCEP-EXTRA" folder nested in the Basegame program folder; and so far, the CEP Extras worked fine in any game configuration. Can you foresee a problem with the location I've chosen for the CEP? Sorry for the partial OT.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#38 Old 31st Oct 2008 at 12:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
Can you foresee a problem with the location I've chosen for the CEP?
So long as you don't have to include BHAVs for updated SP objects, I don't foresee a problem. OBJDs should be fine in the regular zCEP-EXTRA folder in My Documents.

Test Subject
#39 Old 4th Nov 2008 at 6:22 PM Last edited by AnriRS : 5th Nov 2008 at 9:17 AM.
I am sorry for my English. Your mod is greatest creation. Please replace in next version your mod string values (STR#) with GroupId 0x7FAC07B8. In file Override.package russian locale has erroneous values. Your mod also use these STR#. Text mini-patch for russian locale
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#40 Old 5th Nov 2008 at 9:44 PM Last edited by Lord Darcy : 6th Nov 2008 at 2:28 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by AnriRS
I am sorry for my English. Your mod is greatest creation. Please replace in next version your mod string values (STR#) with GroupId 0x7FAC07B8. In file Override.package russian locale has erroneous values. Your mod also use these STR#. Text mini-patch for russian locale
Thanks for reporting the bug. The translated text strings of Holiday Stuff Pack is seriously messed up in many non-English languages, no wonder Russian suffers from it too. Your mini patch will be incorporated into the next version.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#41 Old 22nd Nov 2008 at 2:45 PM Last edited by Lord Darcy : 4th Dec 2008 at 1:47 PM.
Default Updated to v1.04
2008-11-06: Updated to v1.03. Fixed Russian text strings of New Year's Party Phone Call.
Compatible with all versions of AL. (Unpatched, Patch 1 and 2)

2008-11-22: Updated to v1.04. Fixed furniture sound of 3 Celebration dining chairs.

M&G reverted a lot of SP objects to the b0rked state of unpatched AL. If you have M&G, move the fix to the new location under M&G folder.

Test Subject
#42 Old 26th Nov 2008 at 11:08 PM Last edited by Gina_chan : 27th Nov 2008 at 6:43 AM.
I have a quick question.

I have all of my game's patched except for Apartment Life (cause it always makes it so none of the Apartment Life stuff works) And I only have your hacks and fixes. But when I was in my game last night, the game would glitch whenever I tried to work on my 'One Man's Junk Car'. She would just stop and jump back away from it.

I just needed to know if this has happened to anyone else?

EDIT: I've now found out that it glitches only when she decides to work on the Body of the car. I got the engine all the way repaired, but that's all.

"Just for this moment...As long as your mine..."
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#43 Old 29th Nov 2008 at 11:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gina_chan
I have all of my game's patched except for Apartment Life (cause it always makes it so none of the Apartment Life stuff works) And I only have your hacks and fixes. But when I was in my game last night, the game would glitch whenever I tried to work on my 'One Man's Junk Car'. She would just stop and jump back away from it.
Restorable car works fine in my game. None of my fixes have anything to do with restorable car, in any case.

It is recommended that you patch AL, but if you choose not to, you should at least get Pescado's alfix. Without it, this pack is a huge pile of b0rk.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#44 Old 1st Dec 2008 at 2:29 AM
I forgot to re-get that hack after I had to re-install everything! Total brain fart on my part.

Thanks.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#45 Old 28th Dec 2008 at 1:41 AM
Thank you so much!
I just got AL and M&G at GameStop earlier today for $20 each, and I haven't played it yet, but I have installed both.
I'm glad I found this or I'd be like, crap.
"Err, anyone else discover this?"
Lol. I have (now) Deluxe, OFB, AL, M&G, TSS, K&B, IKEA, BV (it's not installed because the second disc is horribly scratched), FT, Pets...I think that's it.
My friend & I are getting eachother late Xmas presents (so we wouldn't get something we got from family) and she's getting me Bon Voyage, Uni, or Seasons, (two or all) =]
so it should be fun =]
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#46 Old 9th Jan 2009 at 10:30 AM
Default Updated to v1.05
2009-01-09: Updated to v1.05. Made IKEA clock fully usable. Fixed New Year's Party Phone Call in all languages.

Test Subject
#47 Old 5th Apr 2009 at 7:00 AM
I notice that several beds and a bathtub are fixed with this pack. As such, does it conflict with your comfort and hygiene mods for those items?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#48 Old 5th Apr 2009 at 7:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by toroca
I notice that several beds and a bathtub are fixed with this pack. As such, does it conflict with your comfort and hygiene mods for those items?

No. The fixed K&B bathtub already has the highest comfort/hygiene rating, so it is not affected by my bathtub mod. As for beds, this fix only addresses chew/scratch issue, which is unrelated to comfort/energy.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#49 Old 5th Apr 2009 at 8:56 AM
Excellent. Many thanks!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#50 Old 6th Apr 2009 at 11:48 PM
Thans for this :D

Your Mods are always really helpful
Page 2 of 4