Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Mar 2010 at 1:02 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Malfunctioning educational bookcase
My career reward Education bookcase does not work. If I try to study creativity or other nonbookcase items, sims jump out of the action. I've gone through the FAQ here with no joy. I started up a new user with Sims2 and used unlockCareerRewards to test the bookcase and it worked fine. That user had never run a sims 2 game. But when I remove all sims 2 stuff in my main user (move the files to another directory for storage) and start up sims 2 completely fresh (with nothing held over), the bookcase does not work in the new neighborhoods that get created. I have tried removing various downloads in various ways in between, too--and that does not work either. Any ideas?
Advertisement
transmogrified
retired moderator
#2 Old 16th Mar 2010 at 1:27 AM
Just to verify: you renamed your My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\ folder on your regular account (allowing the game to generate completely fresh user files), played those new files without adding any cc, and still couldn't use the bookcase?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Mar 2010 at 10:09 AM
Actually, I moved everthing out the the /thesims2 folder and put it into another folder. And the game regenerated its new default hoods. The folder name tree was there, but nothing was in it.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 16th Mar 2010 at 6:01 PM
It must be something with your old user data files, a.k.a. your old neighbourhood files, or downloads. There is a conflict somewhere. Try to run the game in debug mode, activating the command "boolprop testingcheatsenabled true" and see what error the game throws in when you try to study using the bookcase. Afterwards you will find more details in the log file -- under My Documents\EA GAmes\The Sims 2\Logs.
#5 Old 16th Mar 2010 at 6:50 PM
I sometimes have issues with the extra skills on that bookcase, too. The Apartment Life engine [also used in M&GS?] sure is buggy when it comes to books!

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 16th Mar 2010 at 9:31 PM
Here is the error log:
Build: 1.17.0.66
at Oct 11 2008,15:12:07

Object id: 464
name: N010_User00069 - Samantha
Stack size: 5
Error: Hit Break Point Primitive.
Iterations: 21
Frame 4:
Stack Object id: 464
Stack Object name: N010_User00069 - Samantha
Node: 17
Tree: id 8213 name 'Interaction - Study' version -32751
from BookCaseGlobals
Prim state: 0
Params: Locals: 583 28 0
Frame 3:
Node: 5
Tree: id 281 name 'Wait For Notify' version 8
from global
Prim state: 1
Params: 0 1 Locals:
Frame 2:
Node: 1
Tree: id 8282 name 'Function - Main - Check Queue' version 50
from PersonGlobals
Params: Locals: 583
Frame 1:
Node: 18
Tree: id 8193 name 'Function - Main' version 118
from PersonGlobals
Params: Locals: 5 20 0
Frame 0:
Node: 1
Tree: id 4096 name 'Function - Main' version 2
from TemplatePerson
Params: Locals:

Global Simulator Variables
= 5
= 7
= 0
= 464
= 2
= 4
= 2
= 7
= 1997
= 3
Test Subject
#7 Old 14th Sep 2020 at 11:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by deann000
My career reward Education bookcase does not work. If I try to study creativity or other nonbookcase items, sims jump out of the action. I've gone through the FAQ here with no joy. I started up a new user with Sims2 and used unlockCareerRewards to test the bookcase and it worked fine. That user had never run a sims 2 game. But when I remove all sims 2 stuff in my main user (move the files to another directory for storage) and start up sims 2 completely fresh (with nothing held over), the bookcase does not work in the new neighborhoods that get created. I have tried removing various downloads in various ways in between, too--and that does not work either. Any ideas?

I am having this exact same problem (including removing all the files for storage, and then playing, letting the game load the file tree, and then putting my old saves back, and the bookcase of education just gives me jump bugs for everything except cooking, cleaning, and mechanical. I really wish someone had replied to your last message with some help. I'd really hate to think that I'll have to play the rest of my game without the bookcase of education OR any of the misc. skills.

Sorry for responding to a thread that was old, but I haven't seen this anywhere else, and hoped someone would respond.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 15th Sep 2020 at 3:29 AM
For the other person, it looks like the interaction index is not correct. I'm not sure how that could happen without a mod installed. But we have no way of knowing if that is even related to the problem you're having, so you'll have to post an error log from your own game.