Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Nouk Dark lady Braids - Braids hairdo for ladies of all ages!

by Nouk Posted 11th Nov 2006 at 11:14 AM - Updated 12th Nov 2006 at 3:46 PM by Nouk

262 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 247 Feedback Posts, 14 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 9 of 11
Scholar
Original Poster
#201 Old 20th Nov 2006 at 11:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by xextremex
There is a problem with the mesh. Each hair (when going to the mirror, "change appearance") - the forehead has a huge slash that is transparent. Is this fixable?

I tried but I don't see it in my game. It might be because we have different graphics cards. Could you show me a picture?

Does this happen when the sim moves around normally?

Please visit WickedNoukFamily Forum for my creations.
Can't take requests, I'm completely swamped with unfinished projects! :O
Test Subject
#202 Old 23rd Nov 2006 at 8:12 AM
All I can say is WOW! The detail is amazing!
Field Researcher
#203 Old 29th Nov 2006 at 8:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nouk
I tried but I don't see it in my game. It might be because we have different graphics cards. Could you show me a picture?

Does this happen when the sim moves around normally?

I don't know what it is. But it's starting to affect other hairstyles. It has the slash for every braided hair. I'll take a picture.

My video card is ATI Radeon 9600

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...remex/Sims2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...remex/Sims3.jpg In Game Shot
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...tremex/Sims.jpg Another Hair

watch Jensen Ackles in Supernatural
watch Allison Mack in Smallville
watch Jeff Hardy in Monday Night Raw
Scholar
Original Poster
#204 Old 30th Nov 2006 at 12:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by xextremex
I don't know what it is. But it's starting to affect other hairstyles. It has the slash for every braided hair. I'll take a picture.

My video card is ATI Radeon 9600

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...remex/Sims2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...remex/Sims3.jpg In Game Shot
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...tremex/Sims.jpg Another Hair

OI that doesn't look good! Both the hair and the graphics... I used to have a similair card (9800 pro) and it looked like that JUST before it burnt out and broke! Looks like it's overheating!

I'm not sure if it has to do with your card, but it could be possible... you say it happens to other hairs, are those also made by me, or Maxis, or maybe other costum content?

I woudl also advice you to try to get some cooling for your card because it might get damaged permanently like mine...

Please visit WickedNoukFamily Forum for my creations.
Can't take requests, I'm completely swamped with unfinished projects! :O
Field Researcher
#205 Old 30th Nov 2006 at 5:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nouk
OI that doesn't look good! Both the hair and the graphics... I used to have a similair card (9800 pro) and it looked like that JUST before it burnt out and broke! Looks like it's overheating!

I'm not sure if it has to do with your card, but it could be possible... you say it happens to other hairs, are those also made by me, or Maxis, or maybe other costum content?

I woudl also advice you to try to get some cooling for your card because it might get damaged permanently like mine...

Oh. But that's impossible! lol! It's brand new.

Believe me, I don't think it's your mesh. It started when I downloaded yours and a few others. But, I need help.

The other hairs are all custom. Many of them are from XMsims. All the Maxis originals look fine. I think this is the only one of yours. (Edit - yes. Just this one)

Okay. How do I do that?

BTW, Thanks.

Test Subject
#206 Old 30th Nov 2006 at 6:11 AM Last edited by chintznibbles : 30th Nov 2006 at 6:20 AM.
If you're seeing any strange, bizarre little specks of color popping up all over the place or bizarre texture problems, your card may indeed be overheating.

I recommend you go to www.ati.com and try updating your drivers. Which ones are you using now? I think upgrading them might be able to improve your performance here. Also, make sure your sim detail settings are set to maximum- if they're set lower, it may cause problems of this sort with meshes designed for high-detail stuff.

edit: Oops... almost forgot to mention that this hairstyle is awesome, Nouk! Keep up the good work!
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#207 Old 30th Nov 2006 at 11:30 AM
xextremex, this does indeed appear to be a problem with your graphics card. It is perfectly possible for a brand new card to overheat, as overheating is caused by your setup, NOT your card. Have a look at this FAQ (although I'd say the buying a new card section won't be neccesary), and look into how you can help keep your computer temperature down. Taking off the cover and vacuuming out all the fluff is a great place to start!

I believe I've already posted on these hairs... it's telling me I can't thank again, but I shall say it anyway: fantastic work Noukie!! Now stop avoiding us on chat :P

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
#208 Old 30th Nov 2006 at 8:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SugarHoneyIcedTea
Oh my...wow! There aren't nearly enough hairstyles that I could use for black women in the game, i've been looking for something like this for SO long! *squeal* Thankyou ! I also have the afro knots and they are gorgeous too, so thanks! Very well done.

took the words right out of my mouth
Field Researcher
#209 Old 1st Dec 2006 at 12:05 AM
Okay. I have no other problems though. Just the foreheads. No spots of color. No problems with other games. I will try to find an update.

Test Subject
#210 Old 1st Dec 2006 at 3:19 PM
thanks, i love them
Test Subject
#211 Old 3rd Dec 2006 at 10:56 AM
Wow, it looks great.

same shit another day ^^
If you want to read some storys (only in german) visit my blog chichistorys.blogspot.com
Test Subject
#212 Old 4th Dec 2006 at 12:03 PM
Absolutely amazingly beautiful! I've never seen such perfect, highly detailed hair for my sims. And I have thousands of downloads on my computer. Thank you! Can't wait for more!
Test Subject
#213 Old 7th Dec 2006 at 12:39 AM
That is some really good work, I just love it.
Test Subject
#214 Old 7th Dec 2006 at 11:30 AM
wowoah me loves the Nouk , Thankyou so much , I deeply appreciate you and the site for all your hard work! xxxxxxxxxxxxxx calamity xxx
Field Researcher
#215 Old 9th Dec 2006 at 3:04 AM
Whoah! Love it! Thank you very much indeed.
Test Subject
#216 Old 15th Dec 2006 at 2:12 AM
WOW! Looks AWESOME!!! Great work!!!
Test Subject
#217 Old 16th Dec 2006 at 2:57 AM
You are so brilliant.
Test Subject
#218 Old 17th Dec 2006 at 11:03 AM
Fantastic!
Test Subject
#219 Old 25th Dec 2006 at 1:52 AM
Ha. Reminds me of my own weave.
Field Researcher
#220 Old 27th Dec 2006 at 4:06 PM
Wohooo!!! Super awesome work *all thumbs up*
Soooo talent - I almost feel speechless *wow*
BIIIG thank you for making and sharing your wunderful creations!
Lab Assistant
#221 Old 28th Dec 2006 at 7:02 AM
I just have to share how much I love, love, love this hair. It is so fabulous, and I am really enjoying the opportunity to give my lovely ladies this kickin' style! I am also enjoying the fun recolors by nish, also available on MTS2, and which I also recommend - for your funkier gals.

Thanks so much for giving us more variety for our ladies - especially our ethnic beauties! Hooray!
Test Subject
#222 Old 21st Jan 2007 at 10:57 PM
Wow.
This is nice!
And I must say the models you used to show off your creation are also beautiful!
Very nice!

Love me s o f t l y.
Lab Assistant
#223 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 3:31 PM
Wow!!!These are wonderfull.!!!!!!!Thank you!!!!!

"Thanks to all wonderful people,who make beatiful creations and make my game better!"
Instructor
#224 Old 10th Mar 2007 at 4:57 AM
Woah... This is great. I must mention what part of my amazement is, though. It was at 1230 thanks. This is huge, but in the time it took me to look at the page for around 30 seconds to see what Nouk came up with this time, and then press the thanks button (which took around 2 seconds; my connection is pretty good today), it was up to 128 thanks. This, for some reason, truly amazed me. For whatever reason, only one out of every twenty people will bother to thank posts by even pressing that button, often times. xD
Seriously, this seems to be very appreciated by many. And I like this hairstyle, too. ^^;''
Keep up the good work!
Instructor
#225 Old 11th Mar 2007 at 12:07 PM Last edited by HystericalParoxysm : 11th Mar 2007 at 2:17 PM.
THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love all of your hair! ......................again THANKS! :D

Can I ask a quistion?
If yes then what "3D Program" do u use to edit hair meshes and cuts????
Page 9 of 11