Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Show Hidden Skills and Stats with Bonsai of Wisdom

by CtfG Posted 5th Dec 2006 at 1:13 PM - Updated 2nd Apr 2008 at 11:20 AM by CtfG : Update FREETIME info

77 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 71 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 4
Test Subject
#26 Old 8th Dec 2006 at 4:28 AM
This is GREAT!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#27 Old 8th Dec 2006 at 10:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by flameflash
Perfect!

Say, are there any hidden skills in later EPs? Would it be possible to add those?

Since these hidden skills are not announced officially (i.e., by Maxis), it depends on modders to find them out. With Pets, for example, the pets can learn behaviours. To find out how this works, one needs to check the pie menus, find out the program function, check the function for any used variables, and then play around with it to document all parameters. After that, any new skill or behaviour can be added to any sort of display, yes.

Let Teens Live Alone With TeenStar PC
Let Teens Adopt A Baby/Toddler/Child
>>> Check my profile page for further hacks <<<
Instructor
#28 Old 8th Dec 2006 at 11:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CtfG
Sims feel more attracted to sims who have a high romance value. But what I learned from testing while writing that function is: the aspiration "Romance" still has a much higher priority.

Not true. Romance skill is completely unused.

Quote:
"Romance" with any mirror

Not true (unless they use your hack). Practice romance raises charisma.

Quote:
The gender preference is set to zero for both genders when you create a sim.

Not true for married Sims: they get a preference for their partner's gender. Probably also true for joined homosexual Sims.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#29 Old 9th Dec 2006 at 10:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jordi
Not true (unless they use your hack). Practice romance raises charisma.

Right. That's what I wrote here in this thread: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...596#post1500596

Quote: Originally posted by jordi
Not true for married Sims: they get a preference for their partner's gender. Probably also true for joined homosexual Sims.

I checked the gender pref solely on single sims, both my own and NPC. All of these had a pref of 0/0.

Field Researcher
#30 Old 10th Dec 2006 at 12:13 AM
Thank you very much!!

watch Jensen Ackles in Supernatural
watch Allison Mack in Smallville
watch Jeff Hardy in Monday Night Raw
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 12th Dec 2006 at 5:30 AM
in reply to :
You're right; it's impossible to raise the romance skill with mirrors. This is a Maxis' fault / bug / whatever. Please check here for a fix: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=208570 Thank you so much will try it out; have always wondered about that skill!!
Test Subject
#32 Old 12th Dec 2006 at 6:29 PM
hi!

i've have a problem...

when i use your bonsai, the cars shows mistakes... so my sims can't go to work, or school... i have the base game... why it happend?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#33 Old 16th Dec 2006 at 2:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CateW
...when i use your bonsai, the cars shows mistakes... so my sims can't go to work, or school... i have the base game... why it happend?

Whatever the reason for this problem might be, it is surely not the bonsai. Try Paladin's Hack Conflict Detection Utility to find out which other downloaded hack might conflict with the cars. The bonsai uses an ID which is unique, and neither this ID nor the pie menu has anything to do with cars or the school bus.

Scholar
#34 Old 20th Dec 2006 at 1:24 AM
Just for the record, my Servo currently shows as having a painting skill of 495 of 450.

"Even the computer industry failed to see the importance of the Internet, but that's not saying much. Let's face it, the computer industry failed to see that the century would end." - Douglas Adams
Test Subject
#35 Old 20th Dec 2006 at 5:54 AM
Default question
Since these hidden skills are not announced officially (i.e., by Maxis), it depends on modders to find them out. With Pets, for example, the pets can learn behaviours. To find out how this works, one needs to check the pie menus, find out the program function, check the function for any used variables, and then play around with it to document all parameters. After that, any new skill or behaviour can be added to any sort of display, yes.

do the hidden skills include ones in OFB such as flower making etc? And if not how do you add them? I'm not really a modding kinda person, i have limited understanding so the above dosent make alot of sence to me sorry
Test Subject
#36 Old 21st Dec 2006 at 2:03 AM
Default Confused
Quote: Originally posted by myfakereality
i dont get what this whole download thing is about.. it doesnt explain in the explain part thingy. whats the deal with these 'hidden skills'? can i ask that?

I agree, i have no idea what to do or how to do it, do u have to click on something? enable something, im so incredibly lost here

shadow
Test Subject
#37 Old 28th Dec 2006 at 12:18 AM
Thanks for all your hard work!
Test Subject
#38 Old 28th Dec 2006 at 12:22 AM
this looks really cool ... thanks

~*Keep.On.Simming*~
Test Subject
#39 Old 4th Jan 2007 at 11:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sharvani23
do the hidden skills include ones in OFB such as flower making etc? And if not how do you add them? I'm not really a modding kinda person, i have limited understanding so the above dosent make alot of sence to me sorry
I'd like to second this request.

It would be cool to be able to see someone's skills at Robot making, Toy making, Flower wrapping, Restocking, Sales, the Cash Register, and any other skills that I haven't used much in OFB. If some wonderful person could add that feature that would be awesome.

It'd be cooler still if there could be some kind of progress bubble over someone's head who's restocking or running the register or whatever to see how well things are going on their way to the bronze, silver or gold badge, but that's more of a completely separate request. Having those numbers show up in the Bonsai of Wisdom would be a wonderful addition.
Test Subject
#40 Old 9th Jan 2007 at 7:06 PM
Whatever the reason for this problem might be, it is surely not the bonsai. Try Paladin's Hack Conflict Detection Utility to find out which other downloaded hack might conflict with the cars. The bonsai uses an ID which is unique, and neither this ID nor the pie menu has anything to do with cars or the school bus.

mmm... maybe...

thanks, anyway...
Test Subject
#41 Old 23rd Jan 2007 at 4:40 PM Last edited by sisi1088 : 23rd Jan 2007 at 4:42 PM. Reason: made mistake
My sim has been dancing with the cdplayer for days but the dancing skill doesnt go up! why?
Test Subject
#42 Old 30th Jan 2007 at 4:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by semifamous
I'd like to second this request.

It would be cool to be able to see someone's skills at Robot making, Toy making, Flower wrapping, Restocking, Sales, the Cash Register, and any other skills that I haven't used much in OFB. If some wonderful person could add that feature that would be awesome.

It'd be cooler still if there could be some kind of progress bubble over someone's head who's restocking or running the register or whatever to see how well things are going on their way to the bronze, silver or gold badge, but that's more of a completely separate request. Having those numbers show up in the Bonsai of Wisdom would be a wonderful addition.

Yes, I'd like to see this too, something showing how far you are from getting the next badge.
Forum Resident
#43 Old 15th Feb 2007 at 12:55 AM
This is a fantastic idea! But what category do you find this download under?

Please come check out my SIms 2 Story "Love Child" Caution: Must be 18+
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#44 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 11:24 AM
@All: sorry for the late answer; I spent the last 8 weeks in hospital after an accident.

SparkleSim: The "Bonsai of Wisdom" is available under "Decoratives - Plants".

The crafting skills (flower making, toy making, robot making etc.) are not exactly hidden skills, but I agree that there should be some way to see the progress. I thought about implementing the green "Completion Meter" (as used when repairing something), but this did conflict with the crafting meter. I'll try to think of some other way. Just give me some time; being absent from home for about 2 months leaves many gaps which need to be filled first

Test Subject
#45 Old 12th Mar 2007 at 12:07 AM
Awesome, thank you for this!

I belong in a museum!
- The Ugly One
Test Subject
#46 Old 14th Mar 2007 at 3:46 AM
@All: sorry for the late answer; I spent the last 8 weeks in hospital after an accident.

Hope you are ok? No long term damage?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#47 Old 27th Mar 2007 at 5:53 PM
@gwillewyn: (Just for the record, my Servo currently shows as having a painting skill of 495 of 450) Sorry, I simply did not notice your post when I was here last time. My apologies! - It might be that Maxis did not limit this skill to 450 (all the "standard" skills are limited to 1000 by program code). Or the limit has been changed in one of the latest EPs. Need to check this. Thanks for the hint!

@jellygoose21: (Hope you are ok? No long term damage?) Well, the knees are still a bit stiff after two months of lying in bed *laughs* But no, no long term damage, thanks to the good surgeons

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#48 Old 29th Mar 2007 at 9:20 PM
Update 2007-03-29
This object works with SEASONS. No modifications necessary.

Lab Assistant
#49 Old 22nd Apr 2007 at 9:16 PM
I noticed that while it does work in seasons with no problems, it does not display this hidden skating (roller and ice) skills that are in seasons. Any plans to add this to go along with the pool skill already included?
Instructor
#50 Old 22nd Apr 2007 at 10:53 PM
Hmm. ARE there hidden skills for ice skating and roller skating, or are ice skating and roller skating only modified by body skills? That is an interesting question. It'd be cool if, if there are hidden skills for those, if you could add them to the bonsai.

Also, this item is very nice. Thank you for creating it; it is useful to be able to moniter how my sims' hidden skills are going.
Page 2 of 4