Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

LotAdjuster 3.6 (Updated May 23, 2013)

by Mootilda Posted 3rd Jan 2010 at 1:07 PM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 3:09 PM by Nysha

382 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 328 Feedback Posts, 53 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 16
Field Researcher
#26 Old 6th Jan 2010 at 10:39 PM
Thank You
Test Subject
#27 Old 9th Jan 2010 at 10:04 PM
This is brilliant, thank you so much!
Test Subject
#28 Old 10th Jan 2010 at 10:16 PM
This is a fantastic tool and I can't wait to try it out. I have a lot with a pool that cannot be changed because it is either too close to the edge or may have been built with a wall on the edge so I hope this resolves that issue.

Also when you say you can move the lot, do you mean to another location as in pick up the house and plunk it on a different vacant lot? Also can you turn a "normal" lot into a "beach lot"?
Site Helper
Original Poster
#29 Old 10th Jan 2010 at 11:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gfitz
I have a lot with a pool that cannot be changed because it is either too close to the edge or may have been built with a wall on the edge so I hope this resolves that issue.
If it still doesn't work, why don't you attach your neighborhood and lot packages, so that I can see what's wrong?

Also when you say you can move the lot, do you mean to another location as in pick up the house and plunk it on a different vacant lot?
No, you have to move the entire lot; the house is integrated with the lot. This feature is mostly for moving lots away from the road; for example, creating parks behind houses. plasticbox has a wonderful island house in the Elsewhere neighborhood which was created using this feature:
http://www.modthesims.info/showpost...85&postcount=20

Also can you turn a "normal" lot into a "beach lot"?
No, we have no idea how to do this.
Test Subject
#30 Old 11th Jan 2010 at 10:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
If it still doesn't work, why don't you attach your neighborhood and lot packages, so that I can see what's wrong?

No, you have to move the entire lot; the house is integrated with the lot. This feature is mostly for moving lots away from the road; for example, creating parks behind houses. plasticbox has a wonderful island house in the Elsewhere neighborhood which was created using this feature:
http://www.modthesims.info/showpost...85&postcount=20

No, we have no idea how to do this.

I did encounter a small issue. I am trying to add 1 or 2 tiles to the right and reduce the left by the same amount. I can add but cannot subtract. The only thing I can do is increase and I don't necessarily want to do that. Any ideas why the Adjuster won't let me decrease? I checked the tutorial and the various threads and didn't find anything on this.
Site Helper
Original Poster
#31 Old 11th Jan 2010 at 10:37 PM
Shrinking the lot is a bit more difficult and dangerous, since you need to clear off the area to be deleted. As well, you need to remove any vertical surfaces, such as walls, fences, attic walls, pools, etc., which would end up running along the new edge of the lot. For this reason, shrinking is an advanced option.

Click on the "Advanced" button and then enable shrinking. Now, you should be able to enter a negative number in the numeric up-down boxes for Front, Back, Left and Right.

Here's an example from an earlier version of the LotAdjuster:
Test Subject
#32 Old 11th Jan 2010 at 10:39 PM
Shrinking the lot is a bit more difficult and dangerous, since you need to clear off the area to be deleted. As well, you need to remove any vertical surfaces, such as walls, fences, attic walls, pools, etc., which would end up running along the new edge of the lot. For this reason, shrinking is an advanced option.

Click on the "Advanced" button and then enable shrinking. Now, you should be able to enter a negative number in the numeric up-down boxes for Front, Back, Left and Right.

Ah so I wasn't thinking this was considered shrinking since the end size would be the same but the lot merely shifted. And since I can't delete the pool which is shoved up against one side maybe I do need to just enlarge it.

So technically I can enlarge it but not move it, is that right? Unless I remove what is built on the sides?
Site Helper
Original Poster
#33 Old 11th Jan 2010 at 10:45 PM
Shifting a lot consists of two separate operations: expanding one side and shrinking the opposite side.

Ah so I wasn't thinking this was considered shrinking since the end size would be the same but the lot merely shifted. And since I can't delete the pool which is shoved up against one side maybe I do need to just enlarge it.
Shrinking any side is difficult, whether or not the lot remains the same size. If you can't clear off the area to be removed, plus all vertical surfaces along the new edge, then shrinking is unsafe and the LotAdjuster won't allow you to do it.

So technically I can enlarge it but not move it, is that right? Unless I remove what is built on the sides?
Exactly. The same rules apply for shrinking as when we were shrinking an entire 10 tiles.

[Update:]Oh, wait a minute. You only need to worry about sides of the lot which are being shrunken... vertical surfaces on other sides should still be fine.
Test Subject
#34 Old 11th Jan 2010 at 10:47 PM
Shrinking any side is difficult, whether or not the lot remains the same size. If you can't clear off the area to be removed, plus all vertical surfaces along the new edge, then shrinking is unsafe and the LotAdjuster won't allow you to do it.

Exactly. The same rules apply for shrinking as when we were shrinking an entire 10 tiles. Shifting a lot consists of two separate operations: expanding on one side and shrinking the opposite side.

OK. Thank you! I am going to see what happens to the lot if I just enlarge it. Worst case, I can't fix it, I restore my backup and the family buys a new home!

Thanks again for the help! I'll let you know if I manage to fix it.
Test Subject
#35 Old 11th Jan 2010 at 10:49 PM
Shifting a lot consists of two separate operations: expanding one side and shrinking the opposite side.

Exactly. The same rules apply for shrinking as when we were shrinking an entire 10 tiles.

[Update:]Oh, wait a minute. You only need to worry about sides of the lot which are being shrunken... vertical surfaces on other sides should still be fine.

Hmm, well let me go back and make sure there is nothing on that side of the lot. I thought I pulled down the fence but there might be trees or something...
Site Helper
Original Poster
#36 Old 12th Jan 2010 at 1:34 AM
The LotAdjuster should give you an error message which gives you some idea of where the problem lies.
Test Subject
#37 Old 12th Jan 2010 at 1:54 AM
The LotAdjuster should give you an error message which gives you some idea of where the problem lies.

I hadn't ripped down all the fences so I did that and moved the trees. I still couldn't change it. But I did add the 10 tiles to the right where the edge of the pool was with no problem and was able to fix the pool so that's ok. I can put something on that right side to fill up the space.

Thank you again for all the help!
Site Helper
Original Poster
#38 Old 12th Jan 2010 at 4:04 AM
If you would like, I'll take a look at your lot and see if I can determine what the problem is. Just zip your neighborhood package and the lot package for that lot and attach them here. A screenshot of the LotAdjuster with the amounts that you're trying to expand and shrink, or else a description of what you're trying to change, would be helpful.
Test Subject
#39 Old 12th Jan 2010 at 7:19 AM
If you would like, I'll take a look at your lot and see if I can determine what the problem is. Just zip your neighborhood package and the lot package for that lot and attach them here. A screenshot of the LotAdjuster with the amounts that you're trying to expand and shrink, or else a description of what you're trying to change, would be helpful.

Thank you but I already expanded the right side and saved it. And there is so much CC in it...but I think the problem was that the pool was built with a wall on the right side up against the edge of the property. So even if I took down the fence I couldn't take down that wall. I do have the original lot file before I edited it that I could send but I don't want to waste your time with it since it isn't the actual lot and it isn't in my neighborhood. I do have a screenshot of the problem I had if you want to see that.

It's HERE
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 12th Jan 2010 at 11:53 AM
I read it does not work with Vista, but was wondering if it had been tried with Windows 7?

Thanks!
Site Helper
Original Poster
#41 Old 12th Jan 2010 at 4:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndreaSim24
I read it does not work with Vista, but was wondering if it had been tried with Windows 7?
Most of the time, the LotAdjuster works with Vista; a few people have reported problems, which are probably because of permissions on their machine.

I don't have access to Windows 7. I believe that it should work. Could someone please try it and let me know what happens?

It's HERE
From this picture, there are no tiles left to remove from the lot on this side. If you remove one more tile, then the pool walls will run along the edge of the lot, and that's unsafe.
Test Subject
#42 Old 13th Jan 2010 at 2:47 AM
Most of the time, the LotAdjuster works with Vista; a few people have reported problems, which are probably because of permissions on their machine.

I don't have access to Windows 7. I believe that it should work. Could someone please try it and let me know what happens?

From this picture, there are no tiles left to remove from the lot on this side. If you remove one more tile, then the pool walls will run along the edge of the lot, and that's unsafe.

That's why I was trying to shift it to the left. But it is working beautifully now. And thank you so much for all the help and for such a great tool!

I run Windows Vista 64 bit by the way and had no problems with it at all.
Site Helper
Original Poster
#43 Old 13th Jan 2010 at 9:22 PM
Default Version 3.1 released
From: http://www.modthesims.info/showpost...9&postcount=468
Quote: Originally posted by SimSanta1992
Is there any possibility to make the tool compatible with custom prefixes in future? Cause for better organization I like to give them easy recognizable names (my nhood in this case is called Waabs) and the game has obviously no problems with them (but if I remember correctly, SimPE does).
Fixed. New version 3.1 now available.
#44 Old 14th Jan 2010 at 5:52 PM
"Fixed. New version 3.1 now available."
Thanks. ::nab::

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Instructor
#45 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 2:55 PM
This is really quite amazing. I will be able to make such wonderful things with this.
Test Subject
#46 Old 23rd Jan 2010 at 11:29 PM
This is an absolute livesaver! Just added onto a house and realized I didn't have enough room to put the stairs in the front! This was such an easy fix that helped a lot! Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 24th Jan 2010 at 4:21 PM
Coolest!! thanks!!!
Test Subject
#48 Old 27th Jan 2010 at 6:07 AM
Lotadjuster is really awesome! Actually I made something really cool, but I actually made a mistake and now my lot is in the bin and I can't place it on the neighborhood, Can I make change with the lot adjuster on a lot in the bin?
Site Helper
Original Poster
#49 Old 27th Jan 2010 at 6:17 AM
No, not at this time. Can I assume that the lot won't place because the lot size is incorrect?

Can you restore from the backup that you made before running the LotAdjuster?

If not, can you restore from the BKP files that the LotAdjuster made for you?

If not, then you might be able to recover your lot by doing a package file replacement:
1) backup now; be sure not to overwrite any existing backups.
2) Create a new temporary lot in your neighborhood with the correct size and rotation.
3) Determine the lot number of the new lot.
4) Replace the new lot with a copy of the cx_<number>.package file (from the LotCatalog) that contains your lot. Be sure to rename the copy of the cx_<number>.package to match the file name of the new lot package.
5) Try editing the lot in the neighborhood and see whether you've managed to recover your lot correctly.
Alchemist
#50 Old 27th Jan 2010 at 11:03 AM
Mootilda, I've been messing with a lot to make the road pass through the middle of the lot. I noticed expanding 'over the road' was only available in increments of ten. I was later able to expand/contract the lot to reduce the space across the road (currently seven tiles).

Is there a reason the initial expansion needs to be in tens?
Page 2 of 16