Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th May 2021 at 5:46 AM Last edited by SausageGuy : 11th May 2021 at 5:58 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default How to turn off game tips in Sims 2 ? Already searched on Google, found nothing
Hi, I recently installed Sims 2 from that 2014 Origin thingy and accidentally enabled game tips thinking they would be helpful, but quickly realised how mistaken I was.
Now I'm wondering how to disable game tips and so far I've had no luck on Google: all posts I find are about Sims 4, and the only one I found about Sims 2 said something about disabling game tips in Settings, but I went through the in-game settings at length and found nothing.

Does anyone know how to do it? If it really is something you can disable in-game could you please send me a screenshot or detailed instructions? I'm comfortable editing a settings file as well.

Thanks for reading and have a nice day
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 11th May 2021 at 8:54 AM
I believe you will find it under Options/Game Tip Encyclopedia. Good Luck!

My new downloads are on my Pillowfort
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 11th May 2021 at 8:58 AM
Picture is easier. Under settings, it looks like a stack of books. Open that then top right that curled over arrow.

Ninja'ed! But still picture. :P
Screenshots

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 11th May 2021 at 9:57 PM
There's no option there to turn the tips off, though.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 12th May 2021 at 12:10 AM
Lol, I read this as them wanting to enable tips. Reading fail.

I think you disable them on the tips themselves. You click through some and it will have an option to turn off.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#6 Old 28th Aug 2021 at 10:14 AM
In Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Config, there's a file called userProps.xml that contains the following lines:
Code:
<AnyBoolean type="0xcba908e1" key="quickTips">true</AnyBoolean>
<AnyBoolean type="0xcba908e1" key="ShowTutorialWelcome">true</AnyBoolean>
Try changing the lines (using Wordpad, for example) to say "false" instead of "true".

If that doesn't help, I'm not sure if the following method does more harm than good, but maybe try resetting the tips as Jo said. Perhaps that will trigger the "Hi, welcome, would you like tips enabled?" dialog box, where you can promptly disable them.