Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Mar 2021 at 9:14 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Into the Future
Default I can't take photo's with any of my sims - the camera will only point at celing or ground
I downloaded the Sims 3 64 bit game as soon as it was available on my macbook pro, and from the beginning every time I tried to have a sim take a picture, the camera screen comes up, and then if i try and move the view at all, the camera spins and points directly at the ceiling. With Command S I can bring the camera down to look at the floor, but nowhere in between. This also happens when I use tab or try and take a family video. I do have mods, but again, this has been happening since I first downloaded the base game, but it has only started to become a serious issue now that I'm playing a legacy and want family photo's. It also doesn't matter what skill level my sim is at, the photo's still don't work.
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Mar 2021 at 11:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
ur suppose to control the camera with your mouse

When I try to move the mouse the screen points towards the ceiling and will only rotate. The only way I can get it to do anything else is with the key commands.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Mar 2021 at 12:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Ok, you're talking about clicking the sim's phone and "take photo" option right? In which case I can't even use the keyboard as there are no movement commands for it. or are you talking about "alt-tabbing?"

Either way, it is either problem with the Mac version or you are running some sort of camera mod?

I don't have a camera mod and the same thing happens with the sim's phone, any camera, the generations video recorder, or just pressing tab and then moving the mouse.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 24th Mar 2021 at 1:41 AM
There's a very long list of issues that are specific to the new 64-bit Mac version of TS3 and not sure, but this might be one of them. The place where these issues are being compiled and discussed would be EA's AHQ board for TS3 for Mac . If this is one of those issues, like being unable to sculpt or interact with open water, we're really not sure if there are going to be any solutions forthcoming from EA at this point but it won't hurt to keep the lists up to date in case they are working on it or players find other workarounds.