Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Apr 2021 at 6:57 PM Last edited by Milan Bizic : 19th Apr 2021 at 7:19 PM.
Default Help with Sims 2 Homework mods
Hi guys, I'm relatively new to the modthesims, but I've been playing the Sims ever since it got out especially The Sims 1 and The Sims 2 ( which is my favorite, because let's be honest it was the biggest improvement in the Sims series, introducing many new gameplay options etc..). I need help with some mods that will solve the The Sims 2 homework problem. Does anyone know any good mod that will make child and teen sims put their homework on tables ( including dining tables) instead of just desks when they come home from school? I don't know why the creators made it so that the university sims do their college assignment on any table without trouble but not teens and children? Can this mod (https://modthesims.info/d/632073/ho...gnment-mod.html) help with the issue? Because it's a global mod and I don't want it to interfere with my game negatively. Thanks in advance.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 19th Apr 2021 at 8:06 PM
That is the very mod that I would have suggested! Alternatively, if you would prefer to be able to allocate exactly which table each child puts their homework on, there is an old mod called the Desk Locator by MogHughson, found here: https://modthesims.info/d/312004/qu...perly-quot.html
It is an object which you place on a desk (or above it on a shelf, if it's a table with only one slot) and get the child to 'claim' it. From then on, they will always route to that specific desk or table to put their homework down. So you can have, for example, the cheap one tile kitchen table in their room and use it in lieu of a large desk.

My avatar was the most beautiful teen I ever had in TS2, in a custom neighbourhood sadly lost to time about three laptops ago, but still remembered fondly!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Apr 2021 at 8:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by happenin_holly
That is the very mod that I would have suggested! Alternatively, if you would prefer to be able to allocate exactly which table each child puts their homework on, there is an old mod called the Desk Locator by MogHughson, found here: https://modthesims.info/d/312004/qu...perly-quot.html
It is an object which you place on a desk (or above it on a shelf, if it's a table with only one slot) and get the child to 'claim' it. From then on, they will always route to that specific desk or table to put their homework down. So you can have, for example, the cheap one tile kitchen table in their room and use it in lieu of a large desk.

Ok I'll give it a try, but I think I read somewhere that it makes kids do their homework more slowly an that it introduces some new interactions. I wish there was something more simple. My teens don't have a desk in the house for themselves to do their homework, they have just one but there's a computer on it.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 20th Apr 2021 at 12:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Milan Bizic
Ok I'll give it a try, but I think I read somewhere that it makes kids do their homework more slowly an that it introduces some new interactions. I wish there was something more simple. My teens don't have a desk in the house for themselves to do their homework, they have just one but there's a computer on it.

No, it doesn't change anything about how they do the homework, they just place it on the desk. Works great.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~