Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#226 Old 4th Sep 2008 at 6:14 AM
So, apparently it's very unfortunate for me that I own a Mac since EA doesn't convert anything on their website to be Mac compatible.

I am wondering if anyone knows of a similar program that will work on apple's computers. I really want to make my own content so that I'm not always using someone else's stuff.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#227 Old 18th Sep 2008 at 3:03 AM
Great tutorial...the only thing missing is HCP...IT IS NOT WORKING FOR ME. never evur will something work for my computer. I click the install button several times and absolutely nothing happens...

Lazing around is what muttonchop does best..
Lab Assistant
#228 Old 28th Sep 2008 at 12:11 AM
ok, HCP works, it just keeps sayin 'there is not enough hard disk space to export selected textures' >:[

Test Subject
#229 Old 29th Sep 2008 at 7:25 PM
okay i got homecrafter, but it doesn't work on my computer. i even tried uninstalling and reinstalling. i got it installed but it won't run. you said it may take a while if you have many downloads but i waited about half an hour and still nothing.
Lab Assistant
#230 Old 3rd Oct 2008 at 11:27 PM
Default Wallpaper Creation without Homecrafter???
About a month ago my computer crashed. I lost all my saved Sims, towns, etc. I have recovered and started over. Now I can no longer create wallpaper using Homecrafter because it won't open. I used your tutorial before the crash and I know my wallpaper was saved but I can't get it back into the game because of the Homecrafter issue. I tried all the steps to fix Homecrafter but nothing works. Is there any way to create wallpapers, walls, etc. without exporting through Homecrafter? I have Paint.net (thank you!) and SimPE (can't figure that out at all). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated and welcomed!!

Pawzsim

Jody
(Pawzim / jrb2037)
Test Subject
#231 Old 10th Oct 2008 at 11:00 AM
Thank you I will try it
Test Subject
#232 Old 14th Oct 2008 at 3:15 AM
Is Photoshop CS3 good?
I haven't installed it, but I have it. I have no idea how to use it, and don't know any other stuff about it. :/
But I want to start making some floors. :O
Test Subject
#233 Old 17th Oct 2008 at 11:12 AM
I really really do wish i could do this, but HomeCrafter won't load... there's no error message or anything, is just flat out won't load! I don't know where to go to report the problem... could anyone help?

HomeCrafter Plus & Windows Vista Home Premium... if that helps...
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#234 Old 17th Oct 2008 at 11:22 AM
SarahLovesSims - Wow, it must be nice to have $600 to spend on a top-of-the-line program you know nothing about...

Karsciyin - Please see here regarding Homecrafter issues: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=303443

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#235 Old 17th Oct 2008 at 11:57 AM
Thanks Hysterical!

SarahLovesSims - yes, it is really good!
However I have to say that although it looks cooler than CS2, it is harder to use... They history bar is taucked away and you need to open the menu to look at it. There is also no ImageReady, the qualities are embedded in Photoshop instead. I would say this is a bad thing, because although you can make *.gif animations ( which is what I used ImageReady for) you can't open them except as flat files. Fireworks opens the frames.
However, as far as image-editing/Photoshop goes, I find it very good. Once you grasp the concept of layers, it's dead-easy... and fun to poke around! :D
Lab Assistant
#236 Old 21st Oct 2008 at 3:27 AM Last edited by Suncat : 21st Oct 2008 at 3:30 AM. Reason: Improve formatting
Thanks, HP, for an excellent tutorial.

Just wanted to mention an odd little thing that happened to me, that might trip up others. I scanned the thread, but if anyone mentioned this, I missed it.

I'd finished making my image files. I don't happen to use PhotoShop. My graphics application likes to, by default, create file extensions in upper case. So, I had three .BMP files. I open HCP and start on Wall creation, there's my new file sitting in the list. I select and load it. And I have a blank left side preview and a solid black square on the right side.

After some stumbling about, I realized the problem was the file extension. I changed the three files to .bmp and they all worked in HCP as advertised.

One more stupid little thing, but I'm just pleased now that the program works for me.
Test Subject
#237 Old 24th Oct 2008 at 5:53 PM
that was a great tutorial but unfortunatly for me my homecrafter is working......i didnt have the sims2 or sims2 bodyshop running can you tell me why this is happening or what i could do ? i would be extremely grateful if you coul help......thankyou
retired moderator
Original Poster
#238 Old 24th Oct 2008 at 6:02 PM
jordysims1707 - Please see here regarding Homecrafter issues: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=303443

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Test Subject
#239 Old 24th Oct 2008 at 6:12 PM Last edited by Numenor : 25th Oct 2008 at 11:23 AM. Reason: Merged posts: 2043616, 2044000
it loads for about 2 seconds then stops :S i dont get why its happening

EDIT:
ive followed all the instructions but its still not coming on is there anything else i can do?
i really want to recoulor something or omething like that but i cant because this is happening.
could someone please help me.
IREALLY WANT TO RECOLOR STUFF

[merged 2 posts]
The ModFather
retired moderator
#240 Old 25th Oct 2008 at 11:26 AM
Jordysims, you shouldn't post in a tutorial thread if you have problem not strictly related to the tutorial itself; please post you questions about Homecrafter not loading, in the existing "Homecrafter not loading?" thread

Also, if people don't reply promptly, maybe no one has a valid answer to your questions; bumping the threads is just pointless...

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Lab Assistant
#241 Old 25th Oct 2008 at 10:48 PM
man...homecrafter loads and everything (gasp!!) but no matter what i do, when i try to create my own walls, it keeps saying "there is not enough hard disk space to export the selected textures" >:[

The ModFather
retired moderator
#242 Old 26th Oct 2008 at 12:39 AM
You said that Homecrafter was loading for two seconds then stopped, you never mention this error message.
Silly question: are you really sure you are not running out of disc space? Sorry, I can't think to anything smarter, I never use Homecrafter and I don't know where it stores the exproted textures.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
#243 Old 28th Oct 2008 at 10:23 AM
thank you firstly for the tutorial, but my problem is that i cant start the home crafter any how, when i double click the program i have installed, there is always no reaction at all. please tell me how can i solve the problem. but i dont know if it is too late for me ask the question, since the turorial was written here in 2006 and it is 2008
now.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#244 Old 28th Oct 2008 at 11:10 AM
Guys, please don't post about Homecrafter issues on this thread. I've already posted the link to the thread to go to with Homecrafter problems. I don't support Homecrafter - I didn't make it, and I don't have a clue how to fix it. Please follow the links given already to see how to fix it and leave this thread just for questions regarding the tutorial itself.

Test Subject
#245 Old 28th Oct 2008 at 11:17 AM
woooo, solve the problem right now! it is the language problem, thanks for my last try haha
Test Subject
#246 Old 10th Nov 2008 at 3:10 AM
Ok, well i need some help, i guess i did something wrong but i'm not sure. so i did everything, saved it and copy and pasted it in the sims 2 HomeCrafter plus. i go to create wall coverings then the create new content but only the Template.bmp is there. how do i get the actual work i did working in Home Crafter plus??
Test Subject
#247 Old 19th Nov 2008 at 12:39 AM
I went to put my wallpaper in the projects>homecrafters plus> walls folder but when I open up the projects folder its empty there is no HCP file to open. I have tried reinstalling it and that doesn't work what should I do?
Top Secret Researcher
#248 Old 19th Nov 2008 at 7:42 PM
Did you save your texture file as a .bmp? HCP won't acknowledge any other file type.

Retired from the Sims world. Please continue to enjoy my creations. Thank you to everyone who helped -- by either giving me the tools and knowledge to create or by encouraging me & downloading my creations. The Sims community is the BEST!
Test Subject
#249 Old 30th Nov 2008 at 3:31 PM Last edited by clare.rowlett : 30th Nov 2008 at 5:40 PM. Reason: Sorted it!
Thanx to everyone on this site for the information that has got me this far. This is my first message so forgive me if i have done it in the wrong place.
I followed all the instructions above on how to create walls, floors, ground, and everything went fine until i opened homecrafter to add my content to the game. My tutorial Bitmap file showed up next to the template.bmp but next to it it says "there was a problem creating a pattern with this .bmp. please make sure it is a valid .bmp and try again." i used the same templates as in the tutorial and followed all the steps. I am using adobe photoshop CS4. Its not just the wallpaper, but the floor tile and groundcover are the same. Please, please can anyone help me with this?

Ok so i went through the steps again and relised my mistake, i didnt change the format just the title of the file and i dont think i changed all the sizings correctly according to the new update. Feel stupid now!
Thanx so much for all the info on this site, im now off to see my content in the game!
Field Researcher
#250 Old 3rd Dec 2008 at 6:29 AM
Thanks for the tutorial. I have made some wallpapers myself and I hope they get accepted after uploading them. Thanks!
Page 10 of 16