Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

[OUTDATED] Changing Lot size after building and/or playing (Archived)

by Andi8104 Posted 19th Jul 2006 at 3:03 PM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 9:20 PM by Nysha

Closed Thread Locked by: Reason: Go to: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=175884
363 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 362 Feedback Posts
Page 6 of 15
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#126 Old 2nd Sep 2006 at 1:08 PM
What will become of buildings that were on the bit you shrink off?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#127 Old 2nd Sep 2006 at 6:13 PM
Thats one of the problems i have by shrinking a lot.
Maybe i move them if it's possible.
Another (greater) problem are e.g. Sims that are on the bit to shrink off. I don't really understood, how i can move them.
Test Subject
#128 Old 3rd Sep 2006 at 5:39 AM
I have been waiting for this tool. I have built some great houses on the 1x1 lots, I have created 1x2, 1x3 and 1x4 lots, both resident and commmunity and I've built some great houses on those lots too. I've been playing around with the lots and testing them for a couple days and they are great. Most of them I gave street parking using the sideways driveway tutorial. My first question is are they safe to share and upload? Could there be any problems? Would I need to give credit? Thanks.

genius by birth, slacker by choice...
Mad Poster
#129 Old 3rd Sep 2006 at 6:33 AM
I know I don't know much on that... Just wondering... Maybe, let the users to input where to shrink off coz users should know where the building(s) be at and where the sims be at.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#130 Old 3rd Sep 2006 at 8:53 AM
You could make it clear it was strictly at users' risk and should be experimented with in a spare neighbourhood. They could test by packaging the lot complete with its sims and placing it down in a test hood and then see what happened when they shrunk it.

I feel that the sims themselves would stay safe. Any that get swept off should be standing at the front of the lot when you load up. The interesting thing will be to see what happens to the building. It could be that you still see it, hanging over the edge.
Mad Poster
#131 Old 3rd Sep 2006 at 5:17 PM
There may be some preset locations for sims to enter the lot when they first move-in through the neighbourhood screen. Or, even reuse the portal when the sims went back to the lot from another lot.
If sims in the lot can be reset back like that, it may be even safer...
Lol, this's just a sudden wonder, and I know I may be stating the obviously riskily.
The ModFather
retired moderator
#132 Old 3rd Sep 2006 at 7:49 PM
Andi, I can't thank you enough for the great job you are doing
You seem to have opened a Pandora's vase, with this lot editor, and a whole new modding path has been uncovered. Thanks also for the very interesting description of the process to create a 1x1 lot: it explains many things about the structure of a lot!

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#133 Old 3rd Sep 2006 at 8:20 PM
Thank you all for your replies and suggestions.

I'll try to release a usable version with shrinking option this week.

Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
You seem to have opened a Pandora's vase, with this lot editor, and a whole new modding path has been uncovered.

Thanks Numenor,
but a great part of information I need for doing this, comes from Sims2Wiki.
Mad Poster
#134 Old 3rd Sep 2006 at 10:45 PM
Just bravo...!
I'll be patient to wait for that...
Test Subject
#135 Old 5th Sep 2006 at 5:07 AM Last edited by starman4016 : 11th Sep 2006 at 5:21 AM.
Hmm...This is weird. I don't know whats up but everytime I try and start the program this comes up. Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click quit, the aplication will close immediately.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Hmm I clicked continue and nothing happens...so could someone please help me?

**Fixed**

There was a corrupted neighborhood in my folder. I just had to delete it and then it worked. Thanks again this mod is amazing!
Test Subject
#136 Old 10th Sep 2006 at 1:23 AM
Default Pandora sims
So glad you banned pandora sims I am going to scream it from my site too. The scumbag owner stole from Numenor!!! With all the community owes him this creep actually stole from him. When I tried to visit this scumbag's site just to see what it was about my anti spyware program went nuts with warnings of viruses and spyware, and would not let me go there. It is all for the best anyway, and what goes around comes around, and he will get his!
blessings,
Chanda PuterWitch

Quote: Originally posted by niol
Wow kuhl...

lot modding.. Thanks for sharing it...

May try out after things I've to finish first...
Forum Resident
#137 Old 10th Sep 2006 at 12:14 PM
Hmmm, this looks like a useful piece of kit [Downloads] thanks for sharing!...

To all, of the very talented MTS-2 creative types - my sincere thanks for taking the time to create/upload/share...
Test Subject
#138 Old 12th Sep 2006 at 7:24 PM
This tool is amazing, so useful! I wondered though, is it possible to stop it from automatically levelling the land when you expand it?
Test Subject
#139 Old 13th Sep 2006 at 3:46 AM
Default I don't get it . . .
I'm not finding the 1x lots anywhere (yes, I know they are blank lots and not templates), did I need to download the other stuff to get them? Which, by the way, I can't figure out because I'm an idiot. More specific instructions would be appreciated.
Mad Poster
#140 Old 13th Sep 2006 at 7:52 AM
Cerunnos3600,

at the first post, the download named "X_x_1.rar " has all of the mentioned residential lot blanks.
Field Researcher
#141 Old 14th Sep 2006 at 12:09 AM
i'm sorry, but how is this NOT featured??? this is such a great tool, and really a monumental step in building...sense the ep's starting coming out i could not tell you how many people wanted smaller lots, or to adjust already existing ones-you have done something that not even maxis could make available thank you so much!
The ModFather
retired moderator
#142 Old 14th Sep 2006 at 1:31 AM
Because Andi originally opened this thread in a discussion forum, not in the download area. But now I've moved the whole thread in the Downloads -> Modding Tools forum, and I finally could set this download as featured game mod

(By the way: in this forum now we can finally thank Andi for her wonderful tool! hint hint )

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Scholar
#143 Old 14th Sep 2006 at 8:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Cerunnos3600
I'm not finding the 1x lots anywhere (yes, I know they are blank lots and not templates), did I need to download the other stuff to get them? Which, by the way, I can't figure out because I'm an idiot. More specific instructions would be appreciated.

they are in the houses bin, not the template lot bin
Test Subject
#144 Old 14th Sep 2006 at 10:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
(By the way: in this forum now we can finally thank Andi for her wonderful tool! hint hint )

*click click click* :p
Lab Assistant
#145 Old 14th Sep 2006 at 2:10 PM
ich mag dein kreation
fünf sterns?! or whatever :D

http://paradox-symphony.deviantart.com

If you like my creations then please rate and comment. I love feedback :D
Test Subject
#146 Old 14th Sep 2006 at 5:39 PM
This truly is a great program but Im wondering, is there any way to allow for even bigger lots? Im talking 15x15 tiles. I know a lot of movie makers would dearly appreciate the extra space when having to build huge sets. Or would it be entirely impossible?
Test Subject
#147 Old 14th Sep 2006 at 5:44 PM
Congrats on the Catagory change... YAY,
and also for the award/acknolgement

Quote:
This is a featured upload! It showcases the best talent and creativity available on MTS2 and in the community.

Andi I have to agree this is wonderful tool as I have said b4.

I'm going to check after this, but I believe i do still offer your latest on my site.

OMG @ email filters... I did get your file today, when i decided to empty my spam box... Anyway to say the least your now on my approved sender list, as well I decided to cancel that protection as I was loosing some importain emails... even the one from sims2workshop.com.

I may be contacting you either in IM or email to move downloads to my gameing site once its done.

Got caught up in yet another one of maxis / EA Games fine games, Sims Onine (oops) LOL. But I hope to also upload my almost finished tutorial here soon as well.

TYVM andi on the fine work, and also for giving me the tool to make my tutorial a sucess...

Well catch you all latter...
Lots of SimLove
SirCoffeeBear

Finially things are getting setup.
eMail me [email protected]
or visit RepublicOfTheSims.com or SimsSecretSociety.com for my upcoming line of stuff.
Test Subject
#148 Old 14th Sep 2006 at 5:49 PM
THNX alot Andi8104 for this spectacular creation and all the information on the structure of lots!

As allready said before, looks like you opend Pandora's box with this tool.
Allready looking fwd to the next release of LotExpander, lol

Glad to see the thread is moved and the tool is featured, in my book 5 stars just issnt enough. :D

THNX!!
Field Researcher
#149 Old 14th Sep 2006 at 8:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by puterwitch
So glad you banned pandora sims I am going to scream it from my site too. The scumbag owner stole from Numenor!!! With all the community owes him this creep actually stole from him. When I tried to visit this scumbag's site just to see what it was about my anti spyware program went nuts with warnings of viruses and spyware, and would not let me go there. It is all for the best anyway, and what goes around comes around, and he will get his!
blessings,
Chanda PuterWitch

WHAT! Grrrr...

And on a happier note:
Love the lot mod. Not sure I am quite ready to download and try it out yet. I definately think I will though especially once it has gone through enough incarnations to be simple enough for my brain to manage. Seems totally awesome thus far and incredibly useful!
The ModFather
retired moderator
#150 Old 14th Sep 2006 at 8:34 PM
This mod has caused a "1x1 lot frenzy"
The Download area is full of downloadable 1x1 residential lots, and some of them are quite beautiful! For a lover of starter homes like me, it's a paradise :thumb:

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 15