Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#76 Old 20th Jan 2013 at 7:27 PM Last edited by zelda101 : 20th Jan 2013 at 8:34 PM.
More updates, more to come.

Thanks to Bloomsbase for helping with the door!

Come checkout my Project Titanic on Sims 3!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#77 Old 22nd Jan 2013 at 3:04 AM
Nive work, as always ! Where did you get the columns ?
Sockpuppet
#78 Old 22nd Jan 2013 at 9:40 AM
very nice!
Field Researcher
#79 Old 22nd Jan 2013 at 12:18 PM
Someone just released a Titanic lamp set at TSR that would be perfect for this project.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#80 Old 23rd Jan 2013 at 6:26 AM
I requested that person to create those.. didn't think she'd make it a subscription.
I can add it but I'm not allowed to include it in the downloads, that's correct right?

Field Researcher
#81 Old 23rd Jan 2013 at 11:53 PM
WOW, looks fantastic
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#82 Old 24th Jan 2013 at 4:30 PM Last edited by zelda101 : 26th Jan 2013 at 6:36 PM.
Hey everyone, I've added the lights,

Lab Assistant
#83 Old 24th Jan 2013 at 7:28 PM
those doors - they are PERFECT! where did you find them? this is incredible!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#84 Old 25th Jan 2013 at 3:15 AM
Bloomsbase helped me create that, the door's not finished yet.
It's not transparent, I was working on the lights recently.
He helped me with alot of stuff for this project!

Lab Assistant
#85 Old 25th Jan 2013 at 10:23 AM
What i understand per the rules is that you can have TSR content in your uploads BUT only if the artist is not an FA (gold badge status) and doesn't contain subscriber-only content

Titanic is looking beautiful, just like the original :lovestruc
Field Researcher
#86 Old 25th Jan 2013 at 5:41 PM
Well you could always ask DOT if you could include it with your download, she did make them for you after all.
Lab Assistant
#87 Old 25th Jan 2013 at 11:58 PM
good to know someone else was able to finish the lamps after you requested them from me. (Since I wasnt able to start on them yet). Hopefully she will make them free so peeps can get them when your titanic is finished.
Test Subject
#88 Old 26th Jan 2013 at 4:58 PM
Default Lights look AMAZING!!
Great Work!!
Lab Assistant
#89 Old 27th Jan 2013 at 11:14 PM
i think they're are several well known ways to acquire TSR stuff for free, so as long as where to get them is alluded to, people will be able to find them? Amazing work - Bloomsbase is a hero, as are you Zelda. I was already amazed by those doors - but tranparent glass would be very very very cool to see!. I love checking in on this project - it's so inspiring and cool to see things improve little by little, and fun to see what the most creative members of the sims community can do when they get together. So cool of you both!
Test Subject
#90 Old 28th Jan 2013 at 12:45 AM
it's absolutely amazing !!
Site Helper
#91 Old 28th Jan 2013 at 10:50 PM
My understanding of the Creator Guidelines is that you can't even have pictures of pay content in your upload. Not even if people know another place to find it.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
#92 Old 9th Feb 2013 at 2:19 PM
Amazing! I can barely build a proper looking house! xx
Forum Resident
#93 Old 15th Feb 2013 at 7:07 PM
It would be interesting to somehow make this a houseboat with the new Island paradise
Lab Assistant
#94 Old 17th Feb 2013 at 2:53 PM
That was suggested and responded to by a sims guru who said "i don't think the Titanic would fit on a 64x64 lot" suggesting - or just outright saying - that that would be the largest size possible. So i'm pretty sure that wouldn't work. Also have you seen the houseboats? they look like trash - they're just square bases, no hull, nothing to make it look like a boat. It just looks like a square building, pootling along on the water. And, the bases will be set sizes so you won't even be able to have long thin barges. I find this decision baffling to say the least... Hope everything is still going well with this project though
Test Subject
#95 Old 26th Feb 2013 at 11:00 PM
Do you have any updated pictures?
Lab Assistant
#96 Old 28th Feb 2013 at 8:17 PM
according to EAs new EULA, all the contents on TSR and other sites that offer sims 3 stuff, belong to no one but EA themselves. therefore, it's legal to download donation stuff on so called "pirate sites" for free, and it's also peachy, if you put subscriber CC into your projects, and offer them for download on mts or anywhere else. 'cause, of course, selfmade subscriber content still belongs to EA, not to the creator (because the base meshes are sims 3 format and property). I mean, you can't take a da vinci, change it a bit, and then sell it as your own work, can you? that'd be ridiculous. XD that said, you can put into your projects anything you want, and no one can blame you or sue you for that. :D

awesome work, btw XD can't wait, 'till you finish it. *.*
Inventor
#97 Old 28th Feb 2013 at 9:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by melody2
according to EAs new EULA, all the contents on TSR and other sites that offer sims 3 stuff, belong to no one but EA themselves. therefore, it's legal to download donation stuff on so called "pirate sites" for free, and it's also peachy, if you put subscriber CC into your projects, and offer them for download on mts or anywhere else. 'cause, of course, selfmade subscriber content still belongs to EA, not to the creator (because the base meshes are sims 3 format and property). I mean, you can't take a da vinci, change it a bit, and then sell it as your own work, can you? that'd be ridiculous. XD that said, you can put into your projects anything you want, and no one can blame you or sue you for that. :D

awesome work, btw XD can't wait, 'till you finish it. *.*

As long as the work is not recognizable at all you can claim it as your own. Let's say you use a ball as base mesh, but build a car over it.. it's yours, because the ball is obviously gone. Creator made meshes can be claimed as own work, recolors on the other hand.. or just slight adjustments for that sake, shouldn't be. Adding some freckles to someone elses skin doesn't make it yours.
Sockpuppet
#98 Old 1st Mar 2013 at 1:22 AM
you never ever can claim a EA's sims3pack or package as yours, simple as that.
unless you only upload the mesh and texture and let people build there own sims3pack or package.
Lab Assistant
#99 Old 1st Mar 2013 at 12:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BloomsBase
you never ever can claim a EA's sims3pack or package as yours, simple as that.
unless you only upload the mesh and texture and let people build there own sims3pack or package.

yep, that's exactly my point. as long, as the format of the content is sims3pack or package, it's property of EA. and since you can only use this formats for the game, well... guess the rest. as soon, as a creator saves his work in the EA format, it automatically belongs to EA, and no longer to the creator. therefore I can use any content made by fans (no matter if donation or not) in my lots or whatsoever, and no one can blame me for that, 'cause according to the EA Eula I've done nothing wrong or illegal.

in this sense, cheers!
mature minion
retired moderator
#100 Old 1st Mar 2013 at 1:07 PM
You might well be able to use pay CC without scrutiny from EA over where you got it, however upload guidelines on this site require that all content shown is free (and not through pirate sites, we mean free from the point of origin). I just thought it was worth mentioning that in this discussion.
Locked thread | Locked by: heaven Reason: Project inactive for over a year
Page 4 of 9