Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 5:01 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default TS2 Ultimate download is in permanent Pause mode
I looked for a problem like this in the threads but couldn't find one. I got my email from Origin, checked My Games in Origin and by golly, there was my spankin' new Sims 2 Ultimate Collection! So last night I tried to download it. I got to about 1% and it's in Pause mode now and won't un-Pause. The top of the Origin screen says I'm currently offline, but when I click the Go Online button nothing happens. I've even tried disconnecting/reconnecting to the internet, but that hasn't helped either. (I have a wireless and very shaky internet connection on this computer, so getting to 1% took about an hour!!)

The question is, was I supposed to do something else? I read loads of posts from people who were rushing to register their games with Origin, but I assumed that was just so they'd qualify for the Ultimate collection in the first place. I have Double Deluxe and Apartments on disc, the rest was all purchased from Origin years ago so they already knew about me.

I'm completely stuck! I can't even quit via Task Manager to start over. Any ideas?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#2 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 5:10 PM
Update: Weird but after about 12 hours it just now started working again. Fingers crossed for me, guys! I'll let you know my progress.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 5:57 PM
Just had a similar thing happen. Shut down and restarted Origin and that fixed it.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 8:35 PM
I just tried that now, Sunbee, (logged out and back in again) but now what I get is the bars are swirling and it says "Resuming Download" but my numbers are not changing. Perhaps Origin is still so swamped with people hurrying to register their games the problem is at their end and will fix itself when everything settles down. I hope so.