Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Mar 2005 at 12:45 AM
Default Can't install walls or floors now
I have been looking everywhere and can't seem to find anyone having this exact problem, yet, so here goes...after having some really laggy first experiences after installing University, I decided to reinstall the original game from scratch and get rid of all my downloads. Haven't played much again yet though...I want to redownload a few things before I get back into it. The problem is, I don't seem to be able to install any walls or floors anymore. They look like they've installed fine, from what the Sims2Pack installer says, but they're just not there.

Clothing and objects still install okay, or so it seems. It's not putting walls/floors into another directory, either...I've searched the whole computer and have found nothing.

I tried EA support, they said reinstall, I did, again...same thing. I'm not looking forward to playing with nothing but crappy Maxis walls! Has anyone had this happen to them at all? Suggestions?
Advertisement
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#2 Old 5th Mar 2005 at 12:58 AM
Alpha, please read the University Installation FAQ in the yellow sticky. There is a section dedicated to enabling custom content (it's at the bottom of the thread).
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Mar 2005 at 2:57 AM Last edited by AlphaUnit001 : 5th Mar 2005 at 3:01 AM.
Thanks for responding, Daysies, but I did actually read that section already and it doesn't quite address the same problem that I'm having. Custom content is definitely enabled. It's not exactly that the walls/floors aren't showing up in the game, it's that they're not even making it to the downloads folder from the sims2pack file.

However...Clean Installer seems to do it. I didn't originally think to use it...but I tried it and it worked, and it seems like the only way I'll get them into my game for now. I'd still love a suggestion on how to not "have" to use Clean Installer to put them in my game (I install a lot of walls/floors using the TSR wizard :square, but for now I guess it works for me.

Still haven't really played University yet, so I'm hoping my problems don't go any further than this one!